Hello hello

Hello hello!

I've started my journey to become a slimmer me and just happened upon this lovely forum.

I had a lovely little baby four months ago so have decided it's time to get on the wagon and lose my baby weight. I'm getting married next year and before I look at dresses I want to be my target weight. (Nothing worse than trying on clothes and feeling like a blob.)

I'm using exante and started on Thursday meaning I'm on the beginning of day 5.

In theory I want to do a month on exante and then switch to Atkins for the rest. (It all depends on how I feel at the end of the first month though!)

I've actually found it really easy so far, considering I have a four year old and a 27 year old (;)) to cook for. Had a slight wobble of faith yesterday when my brother came around, before he and my OH went clay pigeon shooting, with all the ingredients for a cooked breakfast. Oh my freaking gosh....the smell was divine...! But I sat there dutifully with my shake (and then had to make my four year old a banana shake as he wanted to try MINE! .....and somehow ended up making my brother a chocolate milkshake [not quite sure how I got persuaded to do that])
My OH has asked me to give him smaller portion sizes as I do my diet, which I've been doing dutifully. He then goes and gets a giant tub of ice-cream or 3 cookies or some chocolate....*facepalm*. He's not overweight by any stretch of the imagination but has put on a stone in a year and would like a little less than that. He then has the cheek to say "oh, I'm so sorry, It must be horrible to watch me eat this". Erm...no, actually, watching you eat many a sweet thing does absolutely nothing, but cooking an incredible savoury meal and not being able to lick a finger is driving me insane!

...and there is my downfall. Savoury goodness. Put a plate of biscuits/chocolate/sweets/cake in front of me and I could not care less...put bacon/sausage/crisps/roast spuds in front of me and they'll be gone in seconds. I'm doing exante to lose the majority of weight and then teach myself about food with atkins. I eat too many carbs...there's no doubt about it. I feel so bloated after them I look 6 months pregnant again. It's there where I need to make a change. I've already read about cauliflower rice as a low carb option and I'm sure I'll find more as I read this forum.

The first day of exante I found drinking 2 pints almost murder. From the second day I found it so easy. I make up my two pints in bottles and put it in the fridge and by the afternoon I'm filling my bottles up again. I've not felt hungry from day 1, thank goodness, but suffered from terrible headaches, which thankfully have all gone now. I feel a bit dizzy when I stand up quickly, but that's to be expected.

Sorry for the terrible ramble..I tend to go on....!

Back