Hello - Hoping this forum will help me!

Zaccy

Hi everyone. I joined SW five weeks ago and had an amazing start losing 12lbs in the first four weeks. Then January ended and my halo fell off and even though the only real change was that I had 4 beers that week I gained 2lbs and got a bit stroppy about it. I even turned down a slice of my own birthday cake so that I stuck to the plan with the food and I don't believe that 4 beers would make me gain 2lbs.

A week on though and I am less depressed about it as I am still on a good total for five weeks. However in between the weigh in last Tuesday and today I haven't behaved because I had got myself into a place where I was just cross. I thought joining here might help me deal with the fact that I am bound to put weight on again at group tomorrow night. The last thing I want to do is come back in a bad mood again tomorrow and sabotage another week.

So, hello and if you have any tips to help me look at the bigger picture and stay focused despite bad results then I would be very glad to hear them!

You are right - you had an amazing start! Focus on the positive and you can do this!

If you wrote down what you ate during some of those week try to recreate the feeling - enjoy cooking something tasty and good for you.

Try to recapture the fantastic feeling of losing weight and I'm sure you will get back on the wagon ;)

Thanks. I do write it all down so I know exactly what worked. Perhaps I will try and recreate my best week for this week which starts on Wednesday for me. It is just hard staying off the booze now that January has passed!

Id focus on your fantastic loss, you have done so well and it should be all positive for you.

Ive had similar moments in the past and if its bad news on the scales and I feel cross.... I ask myself is being mad gonna make things better or worse for me? The answer is always gonna be worse. I then take a deep breath and work on making it better.

I have various conversation with myself haha. My latest one is when I'm looking at temptation in the face I say......do I really want it or is it cos its just there?? I normally turn around and walk away. I don't always win but them little talks help me keep focused.

Good luck

Back