Hello I don't really know how this works yet so bear with me!

I'm Hannah I'm 31 and would like to chat and give and receive support whilst trying to finally shift this baby weight Iv been hanging on too for far too long! It's not that in huge but I have had 3 csec and I hate the overhang and loose skin. I went to the gym last year for 8 months straight worked really hard and still only lost 4 inches for my sisters wedding and my bridesmaid dress. Nothing at all in weight really. Now I'm on slimming world and enjoying juices every day but I need to know how to juice without releasing too many Syns. Any tips? Love Hannah

Hi Hannah! I know what you mean about the overhang after a c section, I have the same! I'm not sure about juicing whilst on SW, like you say it will use up so many syns. Do you use these instead of a meal or alongside a meal?

Hi Hannah! I know what you mean about the overhang after a c section, I have the same! I'm not sure about juicing whilst on SW, like you say it will use up so many syns. Do you use these instead of a meal or alongside a meal?
Hi thanks for replying :)
I usually have them instead of breakfast especially the days I am working as I just don't have time to seat an eat getting my boys all out the house for school and nursery. I must admit though I am usually Hungry about 11iah so need a snack like a yoghurt or something similar low syn!! Il have to work it out somehow xx

Oh I definitely get what you mean, when you have little ones it's hard to get time to eat! Could you chop up some fruit the night before and just pick away at it while you're getting everyone ready? I find breakfast a difficult one to be organised for and to organise something filling enough that keeps me going til lunch, if that makes send!

Yeah it does that's what's great about the shakes I have its veg as well with fat free yoghurt and actually only a little fruit but I guess by pureeing veg its releasing the sugars but i take it to work with me and drink it at my desk. Maybe il keep a box a weetabix in my locker or something X I really don't want to give up juicing

I may be corrected but I think veg is ok, it's just fruit that needs to be counted if puréed? Someone else will know the answer!

I'm Hannah I'm 31 and would like to chat and give and receive support whilst trying to finally shift this baby weight Iv been hanging on too for far too long! It's not that in huge but I have had 3 csec and I hate the overhang and loose skin. I went to the gym last year for 8 months straight worked really hard and still only lost 4 inches for my sisters wedding and my bridesmaid dress. Nothing at all in weight really. Now I'm on slimming world and enjoying juices every day but I need to know how to juice without releasing too many Syns. Any tips? Love Hannah
Welcome Hannah:)

I will move this thread over to the Slimming World forum and leave a redirect so those reading and posting on this thread can follow you over.

It should get more attention over there.

Good luck with SW:)

Hi Hannah, juicing fruit def then counts as syns, its to do with changing the make up of the fruit ie. releasing sugar, but also I think because you can eat far more that way than you would if you were eating say a few oranges, a banana and an apple as their whole fruits. Is having alpen bars (hexb) an option as something quick an easy? Or you can make magic porridge by using free yogurt and your hexb portion of porridge oats and soaking overnight in the fridge and take that to work? x

Also are you a member of a group or online? Just wondered as you may find it helpfu to have the most up to date info x

Also are you a member of a group or online? Just wondered as you may find it helpfu to have the most up to date info x
Thanks for your reply :) I have all the books but in just contemplating whether to join online or go to meetings I can't always attend regularly that's the problem. I'm also terrified of being weighed and I know I need to know my starting point but I'm psyching myslef up to that!! I love juicing I don't want to stop as the minerals and vitamins I'm getting really helps my skin and makes me feel good. This morning for instance I had a celery stick a quarter cuecumber. Fat free natural yogurt and an apple. Added ice cubes water and sizteen almonds which is my healthy extra... The Apple will now be Syns? Is that correct but the rest is not? Xx

I've never juiced or cooked fruit, but my general understanding is that it becomes syns. I will see if I can find any info specifically about it. I'm sure it mentioned something in the most recent books about it. However, its not like you are juicing an entire fruit bowl, there isnt really anything there that you couldn't have ate in one sitting and only the apple would have had fruit sugars anyway. There is also the argument that if it aint broke don't fix it, if it works for you and you are losing then why change it? Maybe it would be something to look at if/when your losses slow down? Do you have scales at home if you weighed at home or joined online? x

I've never juiced or cooked fruit, but my general understanding is that it becomes syns. I will see if I can find any info specifically about it. I'm sure it mentioned something in the most recent books about it. However, its not like you are juicing an entire fruit bowl, there isnt really anything there that you couldn't have ate in one sitting and only the apple would have had fruit sugars anyway. There is also the argument that if it aint broke don't fix it, if it works for you and you are losing then why change it? Maybe it would be something to look at if/when your losses slow down? Do you have scales at home if you weighed at home or joined online? x
I'm going to buy some scales tomorrow! Eek terrified isn't the world!!

Back