Hello... I have 6 stone to lose!

Back2Black

I have 6 stone to lose to get to the top of ideal weight :(

Need all the help I can get... I have joined weight watchers so diet wise I am looking at going with that... But I need to talk exercise as I know its the biggest key in weight loss :(

hey im eva iv 6 stone to lose also i try atkins and slimfast not for me so im cal counting right now but want to try slimming world or weight watchers something where i can eat xxx

It is weight watchers I am on :) Just had WW Chicken Curry with rice for tea and a WW Carrot Cake... I have to admit I don't feel at all full but I will get there :) We both have the same target aswell :D

hey

yes 6 stone so im 11 look ill under that im cal counting at mo but i want to go to a club but dont no which one slim world or weight watchers

have u try both then ww is across rd from house so easy to get to lol do u have to weigh food ect or just look at points ?

But I need to talk exercise as I know its the biggest key in weight loss :(

Actually, the biggest thing by far in weight loss is diet. Getting a healthy balanced diet sorted so you are in daily calorie deficit will ensure a steady loss of fat of about 1-2 lbs per week.

While exercise is certainly beneficial, and increasing muscle mass will eventually increase your base metabolism you would need to burn approximately 3500 calories from extra exercise alone in order to burn 1 extra lb of fat.

To illustrate this roughly, you would need to walk at a moderate pace for 30 minutes per day, 5 days a week for four weeks to burn enough calories to lose that extra pound!

So while exercise is important for many reasons, getting the calorie intake sorted is the main priority :)

That does make sense... I think I really need to sit down and do myself a list of foods that I am allowed to eat.

I think that diet and exercise go hand in hand. Yes, of course you can lose the weight by diet alone, but to do both is surely only going to help you lose weight quicker!

Exercise not only burns those calories but it helps you tone up as the weight comes off, it boosts your metabolism, it lifts your mood and it gives you more energy.

Back