hello :) i'm hungry!

Rox5tar

hi to everyone here at the slimfast forum :wavey:

just wanted to introduce myself, i'm anna. i've been doing slimming world of and on for about 9 months, lost a bit of weight but more must go! i was getting complacent with sw so thought it may be a good time to try something different. one of these diets has gotta work right?!

i started on sunday and have been 100% so far, but have found today a struggle i'm so hungry. i thought i might feel like this at the beginning but not 3 days in? also wanted to ask a question and would be grateful for any advise. i've got a lot to lose, 4-6 stone. do you think slimfast is 'doable' for someone like me who's got so much weight to shift?

look forward to chatting more and wish you all happy dieting :)

anna x

If I get really hungry I have a piece of toast with some low cal jam or golden syrup. Fruit is also a good option but may not be as filling. I also have Pink'n'whites and low cal crackers on hand if I get peckish. I felt hungry yesterday as I was rushing around at Uni lots and up early so eating earlier, today seems to be better :)

SlimFast is definitely doable! I've lost 3lbs in a few days :)

Hi Anna. I am also an ex-SW girl and I too just started to get too complacent with it and ended up STS then gaining and losing the same half a stone for months!

I changed over to a hybrid version of SF 3 weeks ago (I take lots of meds which means I can't do a straight forward plan :rolleyes:) and have found it much better than SW as I don't have to be thinking "do I want to do EE/green/red today" then sticking to it like glue.

I find SF much more flexible and, thus far, haven't been hungry as I make sure I have my three snacks religously. I find WM Crackerbread with a scrape of Phli light or low sugar jam hits the spot, and it you drink a good half litre of water afterwards it all swells in the tummy and helps keep you fuller for longer. I also make sure I have a big cup of green tea before or after each shake which also seems to help.

I don't have a massive amount to lose - about another 19lbs or so - but I have lost 5.2lbs in 2 weeks and am on track to lose at least another 1.5lbs this week so I am happy with that. TBH losing anything is great as I had come to a compelte standstill with SW and was getting very frustrated with it :rolleyes:

Stick with it - it does work. You just need to find ways of filling yourself up between meals.

Hi girls and thanks for the advice. I have stuck to my 3 snacks today and have spaced them out more evenly which has helped. Annya I was exactly the same with SW, everything just came to a stop. It's so annoying as friends who are doing it are continually losing 4lb plus a week! I have PCOS so my weight does come off slower, I accept that... begrudgingly! It's kind of nice doing my own thing now though. I found SW to be a little competitive both in group and amongst friends, I'm quite happy to be plodding along my own little path for now :)

Roxstar - I have PCOS too.. I hate the fact that weight loss is slower, but the fact that with SF I have been able to maintain a steady loss I have never done that before with a weight loss plan! :)

You can do it :) xx

Same here Anna - SW was just not for me. I am just eating what I like as long now as I stay within my calories and watching the flab slowly fall away.

Oh, and I am another member of the "PCOS club" too! Although, at 52, I am now well and truly menopausal but I still have problems losing weight - you just have to grin and bear it. I am also on long-term high-dose steroids which don't help either.... ho-hum.

Still, it is gradually coming off and I am chipping away at it a pound or so at a time. You can do this..... we all can!

I feel very motivated and positive now, thank you. We can all do this, little by little :) We're trying to conceive baby no. 2 but after 9 months of trying I'm starting to loose hope. Just hoping the weight loss will do the trick. Are either if you on Metformin? I've been on it 2 months now but not noticed much difference.

I was taken off metformin, the first time i used it it worked wonders sadley not this time. Made no difference at all. But im not trying to concieve yet either x

Well my ovaries packed up working (not that they worked that well in the first place!) ages ago, so I don't "technically" have PCOS any more. My periods were totally haywire when I had them and there wasn't much treatment for PCOS when I was of an age to have babies so I was never formally treated apart from being put on the Pill to regulate my cycles. However, because I also have several inherited genetic disorders that make me more prone to develop blood clots, I soon developed DVTs and PEs on it so they took me off and basically just told me to put up with being fat, hairy, spotty and unable to get pregnant (so supportive back in the day....not!).

However, I do still find my weight is an issue and more enlightened doctors nowadays agree that even after the menopause there is still enough of an imbalance for it to affect you, just in different ways.

It never ceases to amaze me how many women with weight problems are also polycystic. The SW slow loss thread is full of them!

We will do this, perhaps not a lightening speed, but we will. The way I see it is that it took many years to slowly put all this weight on so if it takes many months to get to all off again then I am still quids in!

I read up on Metformin a lot before I took it and a lot of women hailed it as a wonder drug for PCOS but like everything, I guess it can't work for everyone. I might give it another month and then head back to my GP for a chat. Annya I really feel for you, I am lucky not to have any of the awful other symptoms it's just my periods gone haywire. I've been like this since I was 16. It's funny you mentioned about how many overweight women have PCOS, I have noticed this too. It often makes me wonder if being overweight, or having a family history of being overweight is a contributing factor? Who knows, I just wish they would bring out a magic pill to make it disappear!!!

just a quick update, i had a sneaky weigh in today and have lost 2lb! my official weigh in is sunday so hopefully i can make it 3lb in my 1st week. i have never had a loss as big as that :)

Good on ya! Come on then - what was your official loss?????

I lost 4lbs in my first week (it has slowed right down since though!), but like you I have never lost like that before - in fact I GAINED my first week on Slimming World!!

We can do this.... onwards and downwards :-D

3lb yee haa! thank you for your words of encouragement. even 1lb a week would be an improvement on what i lost on slimming world. i honestly do not think that plan works for everyone.

have you stuck to the sf plan 100%? i have to confess that a few naughty things have passed my lips! nothing major, just a slice of cheese here and a cocktail sausage there! it hasn't effected my loss but it's usually the start of a slippery slope for me. i've given myself a talking to anyway so back on track today.

onwards and downwards :) x

I think I am definitely on track for gain this week :sigh:

I went away for a 4 day weekender in Yarmouth - "Legends of Rock" - loads of loud rock music accompanied by copious amounts of Disaronno and bags of chips :eek:

I don't mind though, at least I will know the reason for it whereas with SW I often gained or STS for no apparent reason- as you say I don't the plan is for everyone :confused:

Watch this space on Friday.........

hey that sounds like a great weekend. i love disaronno and coke mmmm :) i went to see the band of skulls a couple of weeks ago and drank loads of rekordalig winter cider, i dread to think of the calories in a bottle but i know they were 13 1/2 syns on sw! good luck for friday, look forward to hearing how u do :)

0.8lbs off for me this week. Not great, but a darned sight better than I was expecting I can tell you! :)

Onwards and downwards this week - no excuses as I am not away bopping and boozing! I am only 1.75lbs away from the 11s now - I honestly never thought I'd see them again........

A loss is a loss - it's better than staying the same and even better than gaining! Well done you!

I can't wait till I can see 11 stone, it's a long way off for me but I honestly think I will do it this time. I'm finding SF to be a very flexible way of dieting, if I really don't feel like a shake I'm having food and counting the cals with myfitnesspal. I'm not sure how I'll do this week as I've had a few really good days and some not so good. I had another sneaky weigh in this morning and I was the same but I'll report back on Sunday which is my official weigh in day :) x

Good luck! Sounds like you are doing the same "hybrid" as me. Seems to work OK as long as I keep under my allocated cals for the day whether I have one or two shakes a day.

I think the "secret" to my success this week after a very naughty weekend was doing lots of exercise but not eating any of the calories back so my deficit was high from Monday-Friday.

TBH the best I expected was a STS so I was gobsmacked when I saw the loss this morning :eek:

We can do this :D

well, i stayed exactly the same but it wasn't too much of a shock. i'm aiming at staying 100% to my calories next week and getting more exercise in (booo, i hate excercising!). onwards and downwards... :)

Back