Hello, I'm new and on Lighterlife

Sez

has started again!!
Hi there. I am new to your site, but I find your group support amazing and I WANT IN!! I started LL just over two weeks ago and lost 16.5lb in my first fortnight. I have good days and bad, sometimes the bad seem almost insurmountable but, to date, I have not cheated as I am determined to stay in ketosis. My 43rd birthday was yesterday, and I was dreading the no wine, on dinner our scenario but I had a lovely day. We went bowling with the kids am, then to the movies pm. My kids know about the diet, but I asked them to make me a cake, (they love cooking). I did the whole cake/candle thing and never touched a crumb to my lips! I took my nut crunch bar to the film, with my water, and all was well!!

One question I have (the first of many !!) I find it really hard to manage all 4 packs in a day. I dont enjoy them at all, and prefer to leave alone rather than drink or eat them. I force myself to have at least two a day, but am I doing more harm than good? I drink loads, and am always thirsty... but not any more serious probs than that.

I have at least 9 stone to lose, and the thought of 8 months or so on these packs, after only two and half weeks is so scary, although the determination is there!

Sorry for such a long first post guys..

look fwd to hearing from you.

Sarahx:p

Hi Sarah!

Welcome to Minimins!
I PROMISE you it WILL get easier :D
Well done on getting through your birthday thats a real test and you should be so proud.
You will find loads of support on here so you need never feel you are going through this alone.
I too struggle with the packs they make me vomit and I find them vile.
My LLC let me have extra bars in the end because I was getting so ill on the packs.
BUT I found I had bigger losses when I managed to eat all 4 packs (silly I know!)
Do you cook any of the packs to make muffins/crisps etc?

Thanks Pixie. I had no idea about recipes until I literally just saw them on this site. Think I might take a break to make a choc muffin for my tea in mo!

Family gone to mother-in-law for Sunday roast so all alone to experiment! (Not told any family yet about LL, scared of the derision.)
xx

Hiya - you're IN hun :D :D

this iste is AMAZING....best support for weightloss (regardless of how u wanna do it) I have found !!!

Good luck with LL....look forward to sharing your success with ya :)

love

Debz
xx

Hello sarah and welcome to this fab site,

Yesterday was my 34th birthday and I too went bowling with my two girls and hubby.
Congratulations on your loss so far. Its brilliant. and congratulations on not eating cake!! You must feel soo proud!!
You must have all 4 packs!! It is so important!! I did not have all four packs for about a week and felt awful, tired, irritable and moody. Even if you have 2 shakes at one time. For example choc and strawberry milkskake!!

Happy Birthday for yesterday and lots of slimming luck!!
xx

Happy Birthday for yesterday - and I'm amazed that you could ask them to make you a birthday cake .... and then not eat it - well done!

Yes you really should have all your packs - they have the correct number of minerals/vitamins etc for you on a daily basis and not to use them all could make you feel not well. Try adding two together - or experiment with the recipes.

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to this fab site and yes LL is a great diet. :)
I had a similar amount to lose to you and have 2 1/2 stone left to go ! :D

You need to eat your foodpacks to make sure you get all your nutrients. Never miss one ! If you arent hungry make a shake into the most concntrated form you can and eat it like a thick gunk, it won't take long to get it down. No hunger due to ketosis is a wonderful thing but you need those foodpacks !

Good Luck and keep us posted

Thanks all and belated Happy Birthday Stardreamer!

Just made a muffin from one of the recipes. A little over cooked, but hey it was something I could actually chew!!

Looking forward to visiting you all lots!
xx

Another nice one is the truffles .... a choc pack made up with a tiny amount of water .... spoon the stiff mixture into blobs (I get about 6/8) onto a plate - put in the freezer for about 40/50 mins ... viola truffles!

Hi Sarah!! I started LL 2 weeks ago also!!

And Im new here today!!

Be really cool if you fancied chatting "along the way" as it were...

Let me know, I have msn!

Luv T x

Got the hang of this... thai chilli, hot water, dash tabasco, thick paste and zap in microwave! A kind of thick chewy tortilla chip... and now have had two packs in space of ten minutes!! Wow! so glad I came on in!

Thanks All,
xx

Hi Sarah!! I started LL 2 weeks ago also!!

And Im new here today!!

Be really cool if you fancied chatting "along the way" as it were...

Let me know, I have msn!

Luv T x
Hi Tom,

sorry no msn but would love to chat over forum. How have your first two weeks been? I hope it gets easier, I have been very up and down lately, and I have doubts, at times, if I will make it.

Lets grit our teeth together and offer all the support we can.
xx

Well its not been too bad! My 2nd day I thought I was going to die! Had the worst headache in the world, little energy and was a right grumpy biatch at work, I just sat there clutching my bottle of water!!
But then, the following day it was all fine and I felt amazing!

I must admit, I have struggled to eat all 4 foodpacks, and the last 3 days I have only had 3! Yikes... and after reading the postings on here, sounds like I should start having all four! Had 1 today and a lovely fruit bar!! lol...

But, suffice to say, I am enjoying it and will be thin god damn it! ... I used to be and I can be again! ... If all else fails I shall have my stomach stapled and jaw wired!!

Have you cooked with ur packs yet? I think crisps are going to be my saving grace! Gutted I can only do it once a day! But still.. something to look forward to I guess!!

T x

oops! Can you only cook once a day? Why is that? Just made a boob then as got carried away and cooked two packs in a row!

Will try to drink extra water tho.

xx

So I have been told Yes! Grr, its a right damn shame!!
Maybe I shall wonder off downstairs and chuck some ice in a blender and make a massssssssive choc milk(but without the milk)shake! They are amazing!

Im really doing well on the water, some days I drink over double the 8pints! I don't know where I put it!!..

Yes, I drink loads too. My mouth is always dry. I guess it is a side effect?

Just noticed we only live about half an hour apart. How freaky is that, we join LL at same time, this forum at same time and live so close?

Must be a good omen to keep in touch and help each other along the journey.

xx

Hahaha, yes dry mouth, jeez.. I wake up every morning and sometimes feel like taking a tounge scraper to it!!

Indeed! I noticed that also! I am actually In Dorset, 10 Miles from Yeovil, but put is as it's the biggest town to me.

Which is cloest to you, if you don't mind me asking? T x

Beverley, thanks for the truffle recipe, I have a batch in the freezer now - looking forward to washing them down with a cup of coffee!!
Jackie

There are times when I only have 3 packs, do you lose less weight when you eat less then 4, or is it just a matter of the nutrients. Angela x

oops! Can you only cook once a day? Why is that? Just made a boob then as got carried away and cooked two packs in a row!

Will try to drink extra water tho.

xx

Officially yes but it doesnt affect weight loss just kills the nutrients!

Back