Hello i'm new to slim fast.

office girl

Morning all,

Finally had my light bulb moment last night whilst walking round the supermarket, seeing all the rubbish on offer i said enough is enough
so grabbed a tin of slimfast & here i am today.

a little bit about me, as you see i work in an office and joined mini mins about 5 years ago when i was doing Lipotrim diet for my wedding in 2008.
I lost 2.5 stone found the diet easy as i had something to focus on, but soon put it all back on plus another half for good measure.

So here i am today liking the shakes but also wanted the real food side to a diet, because i know what my downfalls are i just have to act on them.

Portion control, not always making the right choices & snacking in the evening.

So any tips you have i would be very grateful! :D

Looking forward to making new friends on here

Office girl x

Welcome officegirl. I am a "failed" SW girl, but find SF/calorie counting works much better for me (I too have a problem with portion control.... BIG TIME!).

I actually do a kind of "hybrid" 3-2-1 programme using My Fitness Pal. I set my daily goal as 1360 calories - 230shake + 230shake + 600meal + 3x100snacks - but I do lots and lots of exercise which "earns" me more calories that I can either eat some of if I am hungry (or having a bad day!) or add towards my daily deficit to speed up losses. It has worked well so far for me, but I would say if you are going to do this then check all the calorie values on the foods as they are sometimes WAY out and invest in a HRM to measure you calories burned accurately during exercise as they are also often WELL over on MFP. Oh, and there are some right fools on there so don't look at the forums :rolleyes:

I am currently on Day 3, Level 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which has slowed down my weight loss a bit, but boy is the tape measure making me happy :D

Back