Hello! I'm new to the site.

Hello all

I'm new here - just registered last night.

I'm going to be joining my local SW class on 1st March (I'm waiting for payday before paying for a 6 week countdown). I've used the plan in the past but not for some time.
I've used a few other plans since then but sadly have never shifted the weight once and for all. I went through a period of jumping from diet to diet and made myself rather poorly about 6 years ago. All fixed now though :)

The things that have motivated me to lose weight are:
- seeing horrendous photos of myself on Facebook that others have tagged me in, meaning I have to un-tag myself 9 times out of 10!
- being the singer in a band. It can get a bit hot under the lights and I feel like a fat sweaty girl trying to hide behind a guitar a lot of the time.
- I'm on a roller derby team and want to 'up my game' if you will. Losing a few pounds will help me to become faster and more agile on my skates.

I do a lot of fundraising for my roller derby team and for others via roller skating. I've recently agreed to go on a 5k with some of my skating friends and need to get training as there's less than 2 months to go, but some pain in my Achilles tendon in my left leg is stopping me and it's pretty annoying :mad:

I'm a vegan so was heartened to read online that tofu and seitan are free foods - please correct me if I've been misinformed though.
I also exercise a bit - roller derby training for 5-7 hours per week (depending on if there are 2 or 3 training sessions on in a week) and 2-3 visits to the gym per week as well.

I hope to lose weight and help others out with recipe ideas and tips too :)

Hope you're all doing well!

Welcome to the site :welcome2:!!

Ive been following the plan for a few weeks and have already achieved my first half stone sticker and certificate!!!

Im sure you will do amazing and theres always someone on here to chat to, ask questions and have a general moan or a laugh with!

We r all in this together! x

I know you said you were waiting until payday but thought I would let you know that bella has offer in its magazine this week for free registration - only £5 for the first night and £4.95 a week after that! x

Hello, welcome to the site and good luck with the diet.

One of my friends is a roller derby referee over in Berlin and I keep meaning to go to a match, especially when she's in the UK.

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes. Am checking out that thread now Valerie11.

Tiphareth - you should go to see a bout! They're soooo exciting! There are teams popping up all over the UK now so every weekend there's always a bout on somewhere.

Hiya and Welcome to Minimins and SW .... Good luck on your weight loss journey and if u need any help or advice or just a good natter then this is the place to come!!! xxxxx

Welcome! Where do u play roller derby?

I'm involved in a roller derby team in Nottingham. We're planning for our first home bout on 4th June :)

I joined tonight - a little later than planned (I've been terribly busy organizing a fundraising event that took place last Friday.) and have weighed in at less than I thought I would! Hoping the first week is easy.

Back