Hello - I'm New!

Frumpster

Becoming Un-Frumpy!
Hello

I'm new on here. I have been considering trying cd since last summer, and finally plucked up the courage last week to arrange an appointment!

Last summer I really struggled in the heat, went out in a coat most days just to cover myself up. I am determined to lose this weight once and for all this time.

We have booked a holiday to Orlando for the end of September, and there is no way I am taking my coat there :eek:

My little boy is 2 and my dream is to go swimming with him and my husband. I am going to do this, failing isn't even an option. I have ruined too many holidays because of my lack of confidence and weight problem, I'm not doing it again.

I am starting on 790 to see how I get on. I get low blood sugar shakes, I'm not diabetic but have always struggled with shaking if I get too hungry. So thought I'd try the 790 plan. Anyone else enjoying 790?

What sort of weight loss could be expected between now (Wednesday is my official start day) and end of September?

My starting weight is: 16st 11lb :mad:
My goal weight is: 11st 7lb

Thanks for inspiring me to do this, and thanks for reading my long post.

Love Helen

Great name Frumpster! Though I can assure you if you stick to this diet it certainly won't be the right name for you in September!!!:D :D

The average loss on this diet is a stone a month, so you should certainly smash your target by July :D with time to spare while you get into management.

The best advice I can give you is stick to it 100%. The diet is far harder if you stop and start- trust me, I know!

Good luck, you'll be swimming with your little boy with confidence!

Hi Helen,

Your very welcome:)

Good luck with starting CD on Wednesday.

If you stick with your diet 100% then you could have six stone off by then.

I had low blood sugar as well before starting my diet journey.

If you split your packets and take them over the course of the day this I found does help with low blood sugar.

But starting off on 790 should help as well and ease you into SSing.

Be sure to take some before photos and do your body measurements as it is good to have them for your own record.

In preparation for starting you could try cutting down gradually on your high carbs and increasing your intake of water as you go. As it does help.

See Icemoose photos for Inspiration...he went to Orlando and swore the next time he went he would be slim...and he did it as the photos show.

Just click on the link and it will open.

http://www.minimins.com/success-stories/10805-icemoose-one-year-photos.html

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini and Fiona

I hadn't thought about taking my measurements so I'll get that done. I have never had this much motivation with a new diet before...and i've been dieting since I was 15.

Thanks for the link to Icemoose's pics. I remember reading his blog last summer on runboard (I think!). It was so motivating, but like I say I was too chicken to try it :) It's just amazing to see someone undergo such a transformation.

Sometimes I look at my arms, legs, hips, etc and think that I'll never be slim. I can't imagine what i'll look like slim. I haven't been under 15 stone for nearly 10 years.

It's such a nice board on here, I can't wait to get started and join in properly.

Helen.x.

Good luck Im starting tomorrow so maybe we can keep each other going!!

Hi Helen,

Your probably have seen Icemoose there:)

I find the photo thread of Before and After so inspirational...here is the link

http://www.minimins.com/success-stories/8184-before-after-photo-thread-inspiration.html

Don't forget to measure the upper arms as the inches do come off all over.

We have loads of different forums so it does take awhile to get to know your way around. I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help please ask.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Frumpster,

Welcome to the site as a poster I mean...well done on your decision to start CD...you won't regret it...

Don't forget to let us know how your getting on, we're all here for each other on good and bad days..LOL..

Hiya Frumpster - there are a few on here that do 790 - Tiara Maker is one of them she and her husband are having fantastic losses on 790. I averaged 3.5 to 4lbs a week on it so go for it - and good luck you will have a load of support from fellow CDers on here.

xx

Hi and welcome! You will definately be at goal for your trip to orlando and feeling so great!! I to am on the cd journey for a trip to orlando but mines in august so Ive got to get a move on!! Making it worse though im going on hols with my cd counsellor!!!!!!!!! Good luck sarahx.

welcome
you should have no probs losing your weight by your jollies i restarted 2 weeks ago and have lost 19 lbs ss my holiday is june and i aim to lose at least 4 stone

Hi, Thanks for the introduction Carolyn ;) I'm sure you're going to do just great Frumpster. You'll love 790 and I do think it's a good idea to do it even if it's just to smooth the way a bit for SSing. That's what I meant to do but I just can't give up my meal in the evenings!! So I'm still on 790 after 7 weeks of CD. If my losses slow down I might try SSing later on. Anyway whichever way you do it you will do great. You've got a fantastic motivation to stick to this ...Think there'd be room in your suitcase??.....;)

Good Luck

Tx

Hi and Good luck for next week. If you can up your water in the days before you start and cut down on your carbs, if you do the beginning will be easier.

Loads on the diet are on 790 and seem to loose about the same as those of us on SS, so by the time your holiday comes you will be nice and thin and able to restock your wardrobe at Florida prices..

Just remember if you are struggling the 1st week it is the hardest and it will get easier, just keep yourself busy and dont forget to come on here for any help, there is always some around

I've just come over to CD from LL (I couldn't do LL any longer 'cos of a lactose intolerance). I then had to have a break of about 10days when I had flu and found it harder to get back into the diet than when I first started at the beginning of Feb. I've finished off my remaining week's supply of LL and I'm on SS with CD. As I was not eating any food on LL I thought I'd go straight to that on CD. It is hard at first but once you get into SS (if you decide to in the end) it does get easier.

In my mnd it was a case of all or nothing, I'm afraid.

Chris http://livelifelighter

Hello

I'm new on here. I have been considering trying cd since last summer, and finally plucked up the courage last week to arrange an appointment!

Last summer I really struggled in the heat, went out in a coat most days just to cover myself up. I am determined to lose this weight once and for all this time.

We have booked a holiday to Orlando for the end of September, and there is no way I am taking my coat there :eek:

My little boy is 2 and my dream is to go swimming with him and my husband. I am going to do this, failing isn't even an option. I have ruined too many holidays because of my lack of confidence and weight problem, I'm not doing it again.

I am starting on 790 to see how I get on. I get low blood sugar shakes, I'm not diabetic but have always struggled with shaking if I get too hungry. So thought I'd try the 790 plan. Anyone else enjoying 790?

What sort of weight loss could be expected between now (Wednesday is my official start day) and end of September?

My starting weight is: 16st 11lb :mad:
My goal weight is: 11st 7lb

Thanks for inspiring me to do this, and thanks for reading my long post.

Love Helen

Hi Helen,I was the same as you, too chicken to start this diet, but it is a truly wonderful step you are taking for yourself. I am doing this diet for me and no-one else, although I want to be a yummy mummy for my 12 month old son, I don't want to be the fat mum picking him up from school, and him getting bullied because of my size. I started out on this journey at 16stone, (but have been much more!).. Now 5 weeks later I am 14stone 6lbs. I am SSing but have been told the weight loss is no different on the 790plan. I am absolutely thrilled with my loss so far. I am not going to give you the impression that it is easy, the first week is really hard, but if you do cut down on carbs and increase water it is so much easier (plus I lost 4.5lbs!!).. Take each day as it comes, as you will have good days and bad.. on the bad days take your mind away from food and have some you time (bath,pc etc).. but if and when you need us, let us know and you will have so much support and motivation from us when you need it the most..You will be looking fantastic for Florida!! maybe even a bikini!!Love

Thank you all so much for such a lovely welcome. JUst reading your replies has made me feel like i'm going to do this. It's a breath of fresh air to actually talk to people who are like minded.

You are all doing so well, a real inspiration.

I am going to take your advice and cut back on carbs and up my water for a few days before starting.

I've already planned my first day on 790 though...what do you think?

Morning: Cup of tea & Vanilla Muffin (vanilla foodpack)
Mid Morn: Cup of Tea
Lunch: Chocolate Brownie (Choc Foodpack) & Coke Zero
Afternoon: Half Pack cappuccino
Tea: Cod/Chicken with veg
Supper: Half pack Cappuccino (left over from afternoon)

Does that look ok? I think having the food at teatime and having milk allowance will make this do-able!

Love Helen

Hello and Good Luck.I started on Jan 16th and have lost 3st doing SS but I don't think the loses are much less on 790.I'm sure by September you'll be in your bikini :)

Sonya

The end of day 4!!!

OMG :eek: I can't believe I have made it this far. I know 4 days isn't a lot, but I never usually make it past the first day on diets.

I feel really proud of myself (it's wierd saying that) It is such a great feeling knowing that I am going to be slim for my holiday. Tonight I had a sneaky look on the scales, it appears that I have lost 5.5lbs since Monday!!! I can't believe it, and it's TOTM. WOOOOHOOOO!!!!:D

It dawned on me that by the end of summer I should be able to fit into clothes from Oasis and River Island and Top Shop...I can't wait. I actually feel excited while i'm typing.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit over the top it's just I feel like shouting about this diet from the rooftops!! I wish i'd done it years ago and save years of upset, no self confidence and lack of self worth.

Oh well, off to bed shortly ready for day 5.

Oooh, I forgot to tell you what I had for my tea..... Cottage Cheese, Lettuce, Cucumber, Fresh Chopped Mint (mmmm) and a Chicken & Mushroom pack made into poppadoms! I was stuffed afterwards (never thought i'd hear myself saying that :p )

Night everyone

Helen.x.

ps. Mini, would it be possible to have a few of my posts moved to this thread please? I have a few posts that are more like diary entries from the last few days that I should have posted on this thread, but didn't think about it. Sorry.

Welcome to Minimins! This site is fantastic for a support when you are feeling hungry or fed up and a great place to share your losses and get a good ole pat on the back. You will get there - & Orlando is such a fantastic place... it really will be "magical" for you.

Good luck & keep us posted

Achelois xxx

Back