Hello I'm new :)

katesmommy

Hi everyone

My name is Donna, I'm 26 and totally new to Exante :confused:

I used to be a size 8/10 and weigh 9 1/2 stone. Then I met hubby, had a baby and here we are now! Size 18!

Last year I did Cambridge for 3 months and lost 3 stone, got to 11lb away from goal and felt great, then I started to eat again :sigh:

So here I am with my big (pun intended) ugly truth...

I weigh...

15 stone 6 pounds :eek: That is exactly 2 stone heavier than when I started cambridge last year!

I am only 5 feet 1 inch tall.

I have had my first choc Exante shake today, not a huge fan but it's drinkable.

Can anyone give me any advice/tips on how to cope?

Also, how quick do you lose weight? I want to lose 5.5 stone!

hi there, welcome :) Good luck with your journey.

First tip, start a diary! There's a diary section here and I find it invaluable for support, for being able to jot down what I've had, how I'm feeling etc. It's one thing to do a diet like this on your own, but it's so much easier when you have the support of others on the diet and there's a really lovely community here. If you feel yourself going off the rails, post about it and you'll quickly find people here who'll help refocus you.

Your tastes will change, shakes/soups/bars etc that you might not like now, you might find you love them in a couple of weeks when you've not had anything else. You dont have to have the packs straight. You can add coffee to the shakes, I love a spoonful of coffee in the vanilla shake. Or you can make the chocolate one up with peppermint tea, either hot or cold. Add ice cubes and put a shake in the blender to make a cold mikshake. You can add spices or tabasco to the soups, I add garlic powder to the mushroom soup, it's lovely. Try the porridge and carbonara for a change, some people love them, some really dont. Personally I love the carbonara as it's quite salty and I miss that and it's a different texture. If you do try it, ignore the instructions on the pack, there are "updated" cooking instructions on the Exante website.

Last edited:
katesmommy
welcome, I am 5'2" and my starting weight was 15s8lbs so were really close in height and weight. It looks like we both have similar goals too. I am now on week 4 and as you can see I have already lost 16lbs. Its amazing. I have a diary which you can read if you want to know what to expect, I have done LL before and lost almost 7 and half stone! I have stayed 100%, and although I intend to do this, I will be taking a break for my nephews wedding and then getting straight back on. I really want to get slim again, so am really determined.

My advice - measure yourself, think about your goals and what you want to achieve. I found a photo of me from last time I was down to target and I put it on my fridge. Come on here when you feel shaky, and when you feel hungry drink more water.

I'm happy to be one of your cheerleaders if it helps
Sarah

Thanks Jael :) that's some really good ideas, I do hope my tastes change!!

Thanks Sarah :) I definitely need a cheerleader! Well done on the 16lb, think I will feel so much better once I'm in the 14s! Where is your diary? xx

Its called Reading Festival target here we go..... I try to update it everyday, so it'll give you an idea of what I was feeling & when.

On and its in the Exante Diaries forum

Back