Hello...I'm New

Hello, I'm new here too and like others weight has gradually crept up and I can't fasten my size 14s. I'm following slimming world programme but don't want to attend the groups. This looks a good site to find out sin values in diet foods such as weight watchers:) Good luck!!

Hello Bindymag! good luck with your journey, I am really enjoying slimming world and have found it really suits my life style. fingers crossed it works well for you too x

OH MY LORD!!! I have been so ill the past week hahaha! never known pain like it! i over did the exercise lol so much so that i ended up with DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) the Dr put me on 15 painkillers a day and i was bed bound for 4 days! then the painkillers (8 of which where co-dydramol) caused problems with my motions, if you catch my drift, and that was bloody painful too!! so didn't make it to my friends in London but did manage to drag my rather sorry self to slimming world where somehow i managed to loose another 2lb???

This has made my total 22.5lb and meant that i have now lost over 10% of my body weight so it was a nice end to a pretty awful week. 8 days exercising with no break is a terrible terrible idea when you're as unfit as i am lol, the Dr even said "this actually shows you just how unfit you are" ..... cheers mate! wasn't really a need to state the obvious was there! :mad:

So....... taking a break from the fitness for a while and have a friend whos partner is a personal trainer and she has offered to write me a plan to get myself back into it gently and sensibly, even more so after what i have just done to myself - MUPPET.

Maybe i should get in to doing some re-decorating instead, i quite enjoy a bit of painting lol hows your week been, have you finished your decorating now? also whens your next weigh in. Im getting confused as to which day you do it? x

OMG....I hope you're ok and are going to be sensible now. Its easy to overdo it though - it gets kind of addictive and you don't feel it for a few days.

Well done on the weight loss. I do my weigh ins on a Tuesday usually as I don't work on Mondays (although I am in today) and I weigh myself at the Boots near work. This week I have only lost a measly pound but its still a loss and I haven't worked out too much (but have been up and down ladders all weekend).

not finished yet - having to do a bit each evening in between other jobs plus trying to stop my 3year old climbing ladders and painting himself in his attempts to "help"

Take it easy this week....xx

well done on the pound! its still a loss and you still weigh less than you did last week, Yay well done you!

I managed to loose 3lb somehow?? people are starting to notice that I am loosing weight at last! been waiting ten weeks for the golden comment from someone "have you lost weight?" Yessssssss I have!!! I have a little girl who is two and she weighs what I have lost which is strange when I pick her up and think I used to carry that on my body in solid fat, yuk!

am going to get myself back into exercise this week coming but will defo be going the gently gently route.

Am going to my friends in London over the weekend and am staying over night, fingers crossed I have the will power to go easy on the wine and there isn't too much naughty food around!

Hows things your end? x

Hello Hedgep0gs, how are you finding slimming world? I am really enjoying it and have found it really suits my life style. Hope it works well for you too x

well done on the pound! its still a loss and you still weigh less than you did last week, Yay well done you!

I managed to loose 3lb somehow?? people are starting to notice that I am loosing weight at last! been waiting ten weeks for the golden comment from someone "have you lost weight?" Yessssssss I have!!! I have a little girl who is two and she weighs what I have lost which is strange when I pick her up and think I used to carry that on my body in solid fat, yuk!

am going to get myself back into exercise this week coming but will defo be going the gently gently route.

Am going to my friends in London over the weekend and am staying over night, fingers crossed I have the will power to go easy on the wine and there isn't too much naughty food around!

Hows things your end? x

Well done you.....I have been off work for a week and so I haven't weighed myself last week so will hoping for a decent drop as its been 2 weeks. Will go at lunchtime. Not too confident as I've not excercised as much as I have been decorating - I have been running up and down ladders and moving furniture though so I felt like I had a work out.

Will let you know later how I get on - eek
x

hey,

how did you get on with your weigh in? I went to my group Saturday and lost another 1.5lb which totals 2st 1lb now, no idea how I managed it as my momentum is wavering and I am starting to wobble, am hanging on to the wagon by my finger tips! lol

Am hoping to stay the same this week if I am super super lucky as again this week has been the same as the last. have found myself picking at bits that I ordinarily would leave alone?? fingers crossed for a miracle and I don't gain. But that said, if I do gain I would be a moron to be shocked or upset about it.

Also still haven't got back in to the exercising either! my god I need to pull my finger out and find my motivation!!

Hows things your end?

hey,

how did you get on with your weigh in? I went to my group Saturday and lost another 1.5lb which totals 2st 1lb now, no idea how I managed it as my momentum is wavering and I am starting to wobble, am hanging on to the wagon by my finger tips! lol

Am hoping to stay the same this week if I am super super lucky as again this week has been the same as the last. have found myself picking at bits that I ordinarily would leave alone?? fingers crossed for a miracle and I don't gain. But that said, if I do gain I would be a moron to be shocked or upset about it.

Also still haven't got back in to the exercising either! my god I need to pull my finger out and find my motivation!!

Hows things your end?

Hey....I think we all go through wobbles at times don't we. I had a bad weekend as I had a friend round who I've not seen for ages and to say the wine flowed would be an understatement and then so on Sunday I needed stodge stodge and more stodge.

I'm still exercising though and quite motivated but the time off on sunday was HEAVEN!!

Good luck this week.....you'll get it back, you've done so well so far don't let a wobble deter you. :devilangel:

thank you, I had my weigh in on Saturday and had lost another 1.5lb but I totally cheated!!! I always get weighed with my jeans on and this time I went in my cropped black very very light trousers lol! so although I still lost I am not pleased about it as its not a true reflection.

I am still struggling with my motivation at the moment, every day I start off well intentioned but then cave half way through the day (or first hour of being awake sometimes!). I must must must get back on my cross trainer. I felt so much better for it when I was exercising, until I was ill obviously lol

I like the sound of your friend! a friend with wine is a friend for life! I don't doubt you enjoyed your break from it, your doing so well with sticking to your exercise and if I could give you a clap I would :)

are you finding you are having to buy new clothes now? its costing me a small fortune in work trousers and jeans!! x

thank you, I had my weigh in on Saturday and had lost another 1.5lb but I totally cheated!!! I always get weighed with my jeans on and this time I went in my cropped black very very light trousers lol! so although I still lost I am not pleased about it as its not a true reflection.

I am still struggling with my motivation at the moment, every day I start off well intentioned but then cave half way through the day (or first hour of being awake sometimes!). I must must must get back on my cross trainer. I felt so much better for it when I was exercising, until I was ill obviously lol

I like the sound of your friend! a friend with wine is a friend for life! I don't doubt you enjoyed your break from it, your doing so well with sticking to your exercise and if I could give you a clap I would :)

are you finding you are having to buy new clothes now? its costing me a small fortune in work trousers and jeans!! x

Well done on the loss...a loss is a loss in my book, cheating or not LOL.

I'm not too bad on the clothes front as I had luckily kept all my clothes from before I banged all the weight on and so I have a variety of jeans and suits that I have looked at longingly for years and not bothered trying on because its too depressing that now fit and in some cases are too big......one of the girls at work is a skinny mini and a major shopaholic and keeps passing clothes my way now.....the day I got into one of her size 10 skirts was almost the best day of my life teehee.... I'm not a size 10 in trousers (hip issues) but that day I wanted to walk around with the label sticking out!!!

Keep it up... you're motivation will come back soon I'm sure x

well it was as bad as I thought :0/

I put on 3lb in a week lol! that's some going!! but I know exactly why..... I am a little piggy when given the opportunity! anyway.... moving on.... onwards and skinnywards....

have been very good this week so am hoping to get a good result and fingers crossed undo all the damage I did last week if possible. I need to have a good week as I am going to Brighton for the weekend with a mate and we are going to the Choccywoccydodah café! and then we are going for dinner and then on to an amazing bar called twisted lemon that does to die for cocktails lol im doooooommmmeeedddd ..... its all about damage control.... I am not going to be able to control the damage that is going to happen this weekend so I might as well enjoy it and get back on it next week. At least after this weekend I have nothing else social until the lead up till Christmas so I can be really really good (heres hoping anyway)

Hows your week been? x

Oh well.....it sounds like you have a fantastic weekend planned so I wouldn't be too worried you can get back to it after your weekend.

All good with me thanks....I've stopped the slimfast now and am back on solid food hehe.....so now i'm back to thinking what to eat every day, will see how it goes for a couple of weeks and monitor my weight - any gains and I'll go back to the shakes.

Have a fantastic weekend....don't worry about calories and have a cocktail for me :D x

WOW! sent to slimming world before I left for brighton to find out if I was able to claw back some of the damage I had done the previous week...... I lost 6lb!! halleluiah! no idea how it was such a big loss, must have been a fluctuation or something?? but what ever the reason it has spurred me back on. I received my 2 and half stone award as well.

I went away to Brighton and had a great time. Didn't stuff my self silly but also didn't deny myself anything that I really wanted. The cocktails were yum yum yum! but I held back from doing lots of sickly (calorie loaded) shots, which ordinarily I would do by the tray load.

Have you had a good weekend? how is solid food treating you? x

Hey....

Wow indeed. Well done on that loss...:happy036: You've not got that far to go to your goal now....
Your weekend sounds fab. I do believe its true that a bit of what you fancy does you good.

I'm still plodding away - just off to weigh myself soon. My losses have really slowed up - I keep convincing myself that its down to muscle weighing more than fat as I'm not eating any more calories now than when I was on the shakes so going to see how I've done this last week. Will let you know.
x

I hope to move my goal once I have got to it, I wasn't sure what to put down as a goal so just choose that for the time being. How did you get on with your weigh in? are you measuring yourself as well? as you said its most likely you are loosing inches but not as many lbs due to toning up and the slight muscle gain (in the non Hulk sense).

you have done so well sticking with your exercising its brilliant! x

Back