Hello i'm new..

Twinmummy

Ok so this is my first time on the Cambridge Diet..or any diet i should say..I'm on my 3rd day of the SS and finding it ok(even though my tummy is rumbling lol) but it's cool i can take the hunger pains..i figured if i can go through giving birth to twins naturally and feeling all that pain then this should be a breeze!

So my twins are now 18months and i put on 3 stone whilst pregnant but then lost it as soon as i gave birth but since then my weight has slowly crept up and now i need to just shift the extra weight and get fit again..

This diet is quite hard cos i'm so used to eating whatever i want and now that i'm not eating it's all i think about and i miss it a lot cos it's like a social thing too and when i'm sitting there feeding my kids their food it's right in my face and it's so hard to resist..
but i haven't cheated and i'm committed to this diet. And everyone has said the 3rd day is the hardest but this has been the best day for me so far!

Anyway thank you for reading and looking forward to chatting with you all soon xxx

Hey.
Just wanted to wish you good luck on your cd journey.. You sound like your doing really fab.. i must say my third day was the hardest but I guess it really is different for everyone...
wow you were lucky to only have put on 3 stone with twins thats not to bad at all...... Do you find you eat there left overs.. (people say put fairy liquid on the plate as soon as its finished with).. I used to pic at my little boys dinners and found myself when making it making a little extra for me especially if it was pasta!
Anyway just wanted to wish you luck it really is a fab diet.. and its so worth it once you go to weigh in and see the weight fall off.
take care x

Hiya, and welcome to this place that saves my sanity many a day!!
You are doing well, so good luck for the rest of your journey.

X

Hello and welcome to a place where you'll get understanding without judgement, a home from home really. You sound like you're doing fantastic already. Good luck with your journey, I look forward to speaking to you more xx

Ok so this is my first time on the Cambridge Diet..or any diet i should say..I'm on my 3rd day of the SS and finding it ok(even though my tummy is rumbling lol) but it's cool i can take the hunger pains..i figured if i can go through giving birth to twins naturally and feeling all that pain then this should be a breeze!

So my twins are now 18months and i put on 3 stone whilst pregnant but then lost it as soon as i gave birth but since then my weight has slowly crept up and now i need to just shift the extra weight and get fit again..

This diet is quite hard cos i'm so used to eating whatever i want and now that i'm not eating it's all i think about and i miss it a lot cos it's like a social thing too and when i'm sitting there feeding my kids their food it's right in my face and it's so hard to resist..
but i haven't cheated and i'm committed to this diet. And everyone has said the 3rd day is the hardest but this has been the best day for me so far!

Anyway thank you for reading and looking forward to chatting with you all soon xxx

Ruddy well done!! Not easy to achieve what you have on day 3 :D:D..:happy096:

well done on getting to day3. Im new and starting 2morrow with alot of hope n positivity. i can understand how hard it must be with toddlers. Ive got a 21 month old daughter myself and it does get hard when preparing food and dealing with the left overs :)
Nevermind, we'll soon be yummy mummys ;)

Hi Well done on getting to day 3. Good luck for your first weigh in and the rest of your weightloss journey x

Well done :) I found day 4 the worst, even though I was in ketosis by then.But it does get easier :) And once you start seeing results it really inspires you.

thanks everyone..not feeling to good today..time of the month and i've got such bad stomach pains and just forced myself to drink a milkshake and feeling proper sicky! Not sure if i'm in Ketosis yet either, might do a test later...

can you take nurofen or paracetamol when in this diet?

Hi Twinmummy, I'm another twin mummy, mine are 4 1/2 now and I figured the "I've just had twins" excuse is wearing thin lol!! I didn't have a c-section with mine either, although I had to have an epidural because my DD was breech and they couldn't find her heart beat, they thought they might have to open me up to whip her out quick!

I'm just finishing week 4 (can hardly believe that it's gone SO quick!) and am loving it, it really is easy once you get into it and the weight is dropping off too :)

Good luck, hang on in there you can do it :)

Hello.. new mummy and new dieter!!

Hi there ... i am booked into starting the cambridge next week and a little nervous but also excited!... :)
i had a baby 7 weeks ago by c section and the three and a half stone i put on just does not want to shift!! ... i have always been slim and when i had my other daughter 6 years ago i was back to a size 10 within a few weeks so think i was being a bit cocky this time and assumed it would happen again.. BUT IT DIDNT!:mad:

I am really keen to lose 2 stone before i return to work in September, i have been reading these forums for the past few weeks and i am so impressed by how well everyone is doing... i hope i can do the same!

Would appreciate any advice before i start!

xxxx

Good luck! This forum will be your saviour!! xx

Well done for sticking to it so far. Looks like you and I started at the same time. My weigh in is Thursday. I don't know about you but I found today really easy compared to the first three. And in any hungry moments I've just logged on here or a motivation boost.

Good luck!

Well done Im sure it will pay off at WI. Im a twin mummy too and my boys are 21 months now. Between you, fatbuster and me Im sure we can be yummytwinmummies lol
Yes you can take pain killers x

wow lots of replies...it's so nice that everyone's supporting each other..
So there's 3 of us with twins..how cute! and yeah i can't use the expression of "i've just had twins" either anymore lol!!
well day 5 today and it's going ok..its a little bit hard to distract myself from the hunger as it's not easy to get out at them moment from where i live with the twins but should be getting our new house soon so i'll be out all the time..
i should be in Ketosis now as i have a horrible taste in my mouth..is that ever going to go while on this diet? and will the hunger ever go? i'm 100% committed to SS but if i was to have a bit of chicken and green veg one night would it make much of a difference? i'll try not too though..

also when's best to go back to exercise? is it after the first week? cos i go bellydancing every tuesday and cant go tonight as not allowed.

Hey Triple Trouble where abouts in Lincs are you? I'm from Lincs too, I live in Deeping St James on the Cambs/Lincs border :)

Diet Buddy

Hiya - I am just about to contact my local Counsellor - had my baby Alexander 7 months ago and need to shift a couple of stone. Great to read your story. How are you finding it - want to be a diet buddy? BTW - how much does Cambridge cost? Love Sarah x

Hiya - I am just about to contact my local Counsellor - had my baby Alexander 7 months ago and need to shift a couple of stone. Great to read your story. How are you finding it - want to be a diet buddy? BTW - how much does Cambridge cost? Love Sarah x

yeah sure i'll b your buddy..well i went for the forst time to my counsellor and paid about £37 for al the packs i bought..i think it depends on what you but but on average about £35 sarah.
My name is Maria by the way.

feeling good this morning on day 6..my clothes already feel bit looser but not sure if its my mind playing tricks haha!

Back