Hello I'm New!!

Janey

Intuitive Eater
I've just joined MiniMins tonight and it all looks so fabulous!!

I did Slimming World a few years back and lost 2 stone very easily. I have also followed Paul McKenna's plan and right now am undecided whether to go back to Slimming World or carry on with Paul's system. Hopefully being on the forums will help me decide!! I have 2 stone to lose.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Hiya Welcome Janey

You have come to the right place for support and help I did sw along time ago and lost 5 and half stone put most of it back on and more besides .I was thinking also of paul mckena but do not know what to do Im already doing the unit diet which has not been going long a lot of people on here have not heread about it how do you get on with pauls system .
Bethany

Hi Bethany, lovely to meet you!

I love Paul's system but the only drawback for me is that given the opportunity to eat whatever I want, I will! So I haven't been very healthy on the plan. That being said, I do find his CD's very relaxing and when I listen to them my appetite practically disappears, I stop obsessing about food and eat what I want if I am hungry and always stop eating when I am full.

But I love SW as well. As a vegetarian I adore the green days and I know from experience how wonderful it was losing weight, wearing different slimmer clothes and having more energy and confidence.

Both plans are great in different ways. I started SW today and had a great day - tonight I had syn free chips and 28g cheddar cheese on top for dinner. Lovely. But then part of them thought yikes, I would never normally eat this much and then the mental torture dilemma begins!!

:sigh:

Hiya Janey nice to meet you too

So with the pauls system there is no portion control or weighing cereals or anything how do you know how much you can have like potatoes and bread are you allowed treats like biscuits or chocolate . It makes you wonder how you can lose weight and eat what you want when you want so does that mean if you are hungry mid afternoon you could eat something like biscuits or choc.

Thanks Janey:)
Evie Ann

Hi. Is it Evie Ann and not Bethany? Sorry about that!!

Paul's system is very simple. Nothing to count, measure, weigh, no lists of unforbidden foods, no charts. Nothing! You can eat whatever you want. But the rules are:

1. Eat what you want, not what you think you should eat.
2. Eat consciously.
3. If you are hungry, eat.
4. When you are full, stop.

So if your tummy feels empty eat something. But try to eat slowly, really chewing your food and preferably put the knife and fork down between each mouthful and try not to watch tv but really focus on eating. Your meal can be whatever you want but as soon as you get the feeling in your tummy that you are starting to get full (even if, say, you still have food left on your plate) then go with what your body is telling you and stop eating. When you are hungry again eat again, even if it is 10 minutes later. Soon it becomes very apparent when you are hungry and it is interesting how quickly your appetite wanes and your tummy shrinks! The only thing you might want is the I Can Make You Thin book which is very, very cheap which comes with a 25 minute CD which most people listen to every day.

I hope I have made that clear for you. There are no rules, just eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full. If you fancy chocolate, a takeaway or a fresh salad, go with whatever your body wants. No foods are deprived. But don't just eat for the sake of it ie. eating just because you are watching a film (unless you are hungry of course) or eating because you are happy or sad. That's emotional eating and that's where the weight gain will creep in!

Hi. Is it Evie Ann and not Bethany? Sorry about that!!

Paul's system is very simple. Nothing to count, measure, weigh, no lists of unforbidden foods, no charts. Nothing! You can eat whatever you want. But the rules are:

1. Eat what you want, not what you think you should eat.
2. Eat consciously.
4. When you are full, stop.

So if your tummy feels empty eat something. But try to eat slowly, really chewing your food and preferably put the knife and fork down between each mouthful and try not to watch tv but really focus on eating. Your meal can be whatever you want but as soon as you get the feeling in your tummy that you are starting to get full (even if, say, you still have food left on your plate) then go with what your body is telling you and stop eating. When you are hungry again eat again, even if it is 10 minutes later. Soon it becomes very apparent when you are hungry and it is interesting how quickly your appetite wanes and your tummy shrinks! The only thing you might want is the I Can Make You Thin book which is very, very cheap which comes with a 25 minute CD which most people listen to every day.

I hope I have made that clear for you. There are no rules, just eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full. If you fancy chocolate, a takeaway or a fresh salad, go with whatever your body wants. No foods are deprived. But don't just eat for the sake of it ie. eating just because you are watching a film (unless you are hungry of course) or eating because you are happy or sad. That's emotional eating and that's where the weight gain will creep in!

Hi Janey,

Your very welcome :)

I don't really see the problem in combining SW and Paul McKennas teniques.

I think three of these four rules have helped my own husband so much.

[STRIKE]1. Eat what you want, not what you think you should eat[/STRIKE].
2. Eat consciously.
4. When you are full, stop

Check out the Paul McKenna forum on here as I know a few are doing their own diet and working also with some of the principles.

http://www.minimins.com/paul-mckenna-i-can-make-you-thin/

Love Mini xxx

Hi Janey, welcome to the forum :) It's a great place here, I'm so busy with life but I try and log in as much as possible, if only for the support and guidance from everybody - it's so nice cos we're all in the same boat, lookin to lose weight - good luck with wotever plan you decide to do - and happy slimming :)

Love, Angel xxxx

Hi Janey & Greendayjen,

Your definatly both in the right place for support!

Slimming World is a great plan & as a vegaratian, i lost 2 & half stone on it a few years back.

Im now starting it again today! & going to my first class soon! i cant wait!

Ive got about 2-3 stone to loose!

x

not that i've noticed. first week perhaps but more due to eating loads more fruit and veg than normal! not bloated as such. feel totally normal now and not at all bloated x

Hi Janey, I mostly do green days on SW and I haven't noticed that with my tummy, only if I eat TONS of pasta or something :)

To be successful with SW I think its really important to keep trying new recipes/food combinations or you get bored.

Paul McK didn't work for me as I ate rubbish and although I stopped when I was full etc, it didn't feel 'right'. I was always hungry on WW, so SW it is! I used to go to meetings but this time i'm going it alone - having a forum like this definately helps though! I love SW as i'm never hungry, I really enjoy my food and my junk cravings have virtually dissapeared.

Good luck :D

I'm a proper vegetarian (no fish) so I can't eat red days at all. Green is wonderful for vegetarians and nutritionally covers everything, but I always get a horribly loud, bloated tummy which seems to make horrid noises during meetings. Last time I did SW I had this every day and got used to it, I just thought it was my body being normal. But when I stopped SW the bloating and groaning tummy disappeared. That is the only thing stopping me doing SW. It's quite upsetting actually!!

Back