Hello, new and starting today!

Curvy_Chicken

Hiya

I'm Rachel and started weight watchers today (online), I'm not going to meetings as there aren't any near and easy enough for me to get to! However after talking to some of my friends yesterday at work, we all realised that we all want to lose some weight so we are going to have our weekly weigh in and will banish any bad snacks!

Whilst I have the most weight to lose amongst us, its really lovely to have that group support :)

After weighing myself this morning I weigh 14 stone and I have a goal weight of 9 stone, but have set myself a first interim goal of 11 stone.

Anyway as I am new to weight watchers I was wondering if anyone has any great tips or bits of advice for a beginner?

Thanks
Rach xx :jelous:

hi and welcome Rach l started ww last week , l have done most diets but ww dont deny any food groups so as long as you stay within your points you"ll be flying l would say try and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day,and enjoy ! good luck with ww and l look forward to reading your posts Ann :D:D

Hi Ann

Thanks for your tips, I'm definitely happy at the prospect of nothing being deined as well! I've only dieted properly once before and whilst it was successful in terms of loosing weight, I got my head into real trouble because so many things were restricted!

Rach xx

Hi Rachel and welcome to WW.
Im pretty new myself but have done WW before and have to admit it's the best way of losing weight without depriving yourself of anything you love!
Everything within moderation ;)
I bought the calculator from ebay and have to admit I would be lost without it, it makes everything soooo much easier and it's tiny so great for sticking in your bag and taking wherever you go :)
I also enjoy the magazines, between that and all the help & support from everyone on here there's no need to have to go to classes.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey :D

Stacey x

Hi all. I started WW on Tuesday after messing about with Cambridge and W8 - couldn't give up 'real' food. Hoping to lose 7 stone - yikes!

Hi Rach! Welcome to the forum and to WW. I've been on my journey for 5 weeks and I'm loving it - I can have whatever I want providing I point it and I think it's the most sustainable diet there is. If you ever have a question feel free to ask - everyone is really friendly here and I've only been here a week! Good luck! xxx

Welcome and good luck with your ww journey.

Point and track everything, relax and enjoy.

Hi Rach,

Just want to say good luck really. I'm planning on starting weight watchers in the next week or so as I've got to syke myself up a bit before hand. I want to join up for my books etc. I do plan on going to a group for the motivation but to be honest, minimins is full of help, tips and motivation so I'm unsure about staying to class. I did the Cambridge Diet a couple of years ago and was always posting in the CD forums here on Minimins. I gained the four stone that I lost plus a lot more, so now I have about 6 stone to lose :rolleyes:
I've been planning on joining ww (again) for a couple of weeks, I thought I best wait til after Easter as there was no point in kidding myself that I could resist that old devil called chocolate!!!
Anyway... I just want to wish you luck on your WW journey. It's been a while since I did WW so I can't give you any tips etc..but I do remember it being a good diet to follow as like others will tell you..you can eat all that you do now but in moderation, that is of course.. THE KEY:):):)
I'm sure we'll catch up again.
Best of Luck :D

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum it is a great place for help and motivation, the best tips that I can give you is to buy a calculator, make sure you track everything you eat, drink plenty of water (use no added sugar squash). Make zero pointed soup this is great for when you get hungry, use egg whites as they have no points in them, allow yourself treats. Vary your diet, there is a lot of recipes on the ww site to make, so you dont get bored. take it one day at a time. if you need anymore tips just ask. I have done all the above and have so far last 8 months on this diet, good luck on your weight loss journey

welcome and good luck, im sure u have noticed its a really friendly place here hehe. anything you need just ask but as everyone has already said if you stick to your points properly you will lose weight, simple lol

Well done chick! I started WW on 22nd Feb at 14st 2lbs and am currently at 12st 12lbs - WW is brilliant and so easy to stick to!

Good luck on your weight loss journey! xx

Thanks hun - my goal is also 9 stone :) Best advice I can give you is drink plenty of water, up your exercise (even if its only 15 minutes a day at first) and join some of the challenges on here for motivation, Im doing the christmas challenge and hope to be at goal by then :) Everyone on here is so friendly and supportive and we're all interested in how you get on, keep us updated :) xx

Back