Hello new dieting buddies

Stellasmammy

Hi everyone, I am Stellasmammy. I'm 31 and married. We have 2 cats, one dog, a tropical fish tank and lots of cars.

I've joined this forum for some inspiration to get back to a healthy weight. I've dieted before with success but at the moment my weight is just creeping higher and higher.

I have problems with depression and anxiety and often comfort eat and drink. I love food and cooking and my demon, white wine. I can down a 750ml bottle a night no bother. I also have IBS, usually in the form of constipation, so that stuffs up (ha ha get the pun) lots of the things I can eat.

This year I lost my Grandfather, who was my World, and my (so called) Father, who didn't mean a great deal to me but still it doesn't help with the depressive thoughts.

I also quit my job, I'd been full time there for 4 years, in the same business for 12. I'd been on a written warning for taking 4 month off with stress and then 3 other periods of absence in the following 12 month. 2 days with an infected wisdom tooth, 3 days with suspected swine flu and 2 weeks after a car crash. I didn't take off work time when J my so called died, but I did when Grandad died. My line manager very kindly told me I was only allowed 3 days bereavement leave and would have to go sick for any more time off, "oh and you'll get a final written warning for that" I think she enjoyed telling me that bit. Rather than give her the satisfaction I sent in my four week notice along with a four week sick note.

At the moment I have a part time job on a Christmas contract, I'll be out of work again in the new year.

I don't really enjoy exercising, especially not outdoors. I honestly can't run or jog to save my life. I did join a gym for a month last year and enjoyed going, it was an introduction thing at the council gym. Thing is they want a 12 month contract and I can't commit to that atm knowing I'll be out of work again after Christmas. When I have (fingers crossed) another full time well paying job I would like to join again.

Diet plans and groups aren't really my thing, the no or limited alcohol makes them impossible for me. I'm just going to try and eat good healthy things and exercise more.

Wish me luck!

Hello and welcome to minis.

wishing you well with your weight loss.

xoxo

Hi and welcome. Sorry to see you have not had an easy time lately. Remember small steps. And hope next year is a better year for you.

Irene xx

Thanks everyone xxx

@ Irene, we were hoping 2010 was going to be the good year, 2009 was a poor year too.

2011, now that must be our year :)

Back