Hello New Me :)

MrsLearmouth

My name is Zoe and I have just been to see my new CDC Naina and am really looking forward to starting my weight loss journey tomorrow.

My main reason for wanting to loose weight is for IVF, my husband and I are desperate for a baby but I have PCOS and do not ovulate. We have been referred to an IVF clinic but they cannot do anything until my BMI is at 30 so I need to get down to 13 stone 7lb to get my bmi to 30. So that is 4.5 stone to 30 bmi and 6 stone until my target weight of 12 stone.

Will post later with my measurements as want to keep track of them.

xx

Good Luck Zoe! Fantastic reason to lose weight, a real motivator, I'm sure you can do it xx

Welcome to Cambridge Zoe!!!! Here's to watching the lbs disappear!!!!!

Thanks guys :) I know I am going to do this and like you say, what better motivation - If I fail then we will probably never get the baby we desperatly want so failing is not an option!

Ok so its 5.30pm on day 1 and apart from the slight headache and getting hungrier by the min due to DH's chicken cooking in the oven l am doing good :) managed to drink 3 x 75cl bottles of water at work, plus 2 cups of coffee (I am right in thinking that counts aren't I?) whic is pretty damn good for me as I NEVER drink water, usually it's rare if I even finish a can of diet coke in a day! Only problem is, I have probably been to the loo at least 10 times to day, I was getting paranoid the security man who sits near our loos at work would think I had a problem so after lunch I started alternating between that one and the one further away in the opposite direction lol.

Today I have had a Chocolate Orange shake (didnt like this one!), a banana which was ok and a strawberry witch tasted like angel delight, yumm! I have a cholcoate one for dinner which I am going to make hot and hope it tastes like hot chocolate, Im then going to have the rest of my left over 200mls of skimmed milk before I go to bed, I am doing SS+ by the way.

I have just done some measurement stoo so hopefully when I do them again in a month or so I will be able to see a difference!

Waist - 48 1/2 inches
Thigh - 28 inches
Left Upper Arm - 15 inches

Hope everyone is doing good today :)

xxx

You're doing great. Let us know how day 2 goes. Keep strong - in a couple of days it should get a little easier...!

You're doing great. Let us know how day 2 goes. Keep strong - in a couple of days it should get a little easier...!

Thanks :) I am really tring more than I have ever tried in my life, I want this to work more than anything!!

So day 2, has been pretty ok actually, have had a bit of a headache but have just been taking paracetomol which seems to have done the trick, not sure why I am not feeling worse though to be honest, is it normal to still be ok on day 2, does it go downhill day 3/4? Just worried I am not doing something right but I have just been having my 4 packs and about 3 litres of water so must be right!

I have been so worried about my 2 kitties today that I have hardly got any nails left (the second of my new years resolutions is to grow them, ohh well something had to give lol), they have only been at the vets being neutered but they are my babies and I hated signing the consent form that basically said if they died it was my responsibility :( they were fine though and are both curled up asleep on the sofa, so all is well in my world :D

So here is to day 3 and another step closer to our dream.....xx

Day 3 and still feeling suprisingly ok, although my tummy feels very empty now!

I am really impressed with myself that I have made it through day 3, I never stick to anything and always cheat but have been 100% good and am deff going to do this, I am really happy at the min!!

I went to boots today and managed to get some Ketostix, the girl behind the counter thought I was completely weird when I asked if they sold them though, she had no idea what I was talking about and asked what they were for, she gave me the weirdest look when I said they are to detect if you are in ketosis when your on a diet!! Tested when I got in and it was about half way up the colour chart, not sure if it matters when you test though so will do it again when I get up and see whats going on! As we have been trying for a baby for so long I am a total POAS addict so had to be done!!

Was straightning my hair this morning and happened to mention to hubby that I think my GHD's are on their way out, taking about 3 mins to heat up now instead of the 5 or so seconds they used to take, anyways he said once I have lost 1.5 stone he will buy me a new pair, so I have a first target now, as stupid as that sounds! (LOVE my GHD's!!).

So here is to day 4 and another 1/2 lb or so closer to IVF :) xxx

Ohh my god I feel so rubbish today, it is day 4 and I woke up about 3am this morning feeling so sick, I managed to get back to sleep and have felt really sick all day. Its 1pm now and I have come home from work for a couple of hours for my lunch break as needed to get out of the office.

All I can think about today is pizza, I feel mentally starving today, my tummy isnt rumbling though so I know it is all in my head but if anything I think that is worse!

I have just had a mint choc shake though and am watching britians fattest man from the other night to keep me focussed on why I am doing this :sigh:

I will keep telling myself that this will pass though and hopefully I will wake up feeling better tomorrow. I am no way going to get through my 3 litres of water today though, its making me feel more sick but I wont worry about that too much xx

Hi Zoe! Think of why you are doing this. Imagine yourself in a couple of months time, and how proud you qill be of yourself that you have achieved this!
You can do it! Keep really focussed and you'll be able to get through the day.

Thanks Jay, I am trying my hardest to remember why I am doing this, I can't fail because if I do, I am basically giving up on having a baby and I can't do that!! Nearly made it through today, at least I know if I can make it through 1 bad day, I can make it through the next :) xx

Day 5 - Feeling much better today, just been and had a wash cut and blow dry for the first time in about a year and couldnt help but think while I was starring in the mirror that in 10 weeks time when I come again I will be a coulple of stone light, which felt really good!

I really really can't wait to go and get weighed monday night, hubby says he can already see I have lost weight but not sure if he just thinks I look like I have cos he knows I haven;t "eaten" since Tuesday! xx

Day 6, woohhooooo :)

I am now in ketosis and as everyone has said it would, my hunger has gone away and I feel so good and so happy that I have made it through the 5 hardest days of my life!! I even ,managed to make 12 cupcakes today without even being tempted to lick my fingers or anything (I have a cupcake business on the side and had an order that I needed to make!!).

I am going to see my CDC tomorrow at 6pm and I can't wait, the batteries on my scales at home have gone so I have no idea how much I have lost but I know I have lost something because my clothes feel so much better. Will update tomorrow on how much I have lost :D

xx

Brilliant!! Ketosis is the most amazing thing isn't it! i am on day 12 and really can't believe i have managaed to stick to it. Just the thought of those really hard first few days is enough to keep me going right now, I don't want to fall off the wagon and have to go through that again!

Excellent you got through the cup cake making, that would have been so difficult for me so i really admire you.

Keep going, those GHD's will be yours in no time!

xx

Brilliant!! Ketosis is the most amazing thing isn't it! i am on day 12 and really can't believe i have managaed to stick to it. Just the thought of those really hard first few days is enough to keep me going right now, I don't want to fall off the wagon and have to go through that again!

Excellent you got through the cup cake making, that would have been so difficult for me so i really admire you.

Keep going, those GHD's will be yours in no time!

xx

Aww, thanks :) Ketosis is great, anything that stops we wanting to eat naughty food is great!! I didn't find it that difficult making the cupcakes actually as even if I wasn't doing CD I still couldn't have eaten them as they were for someone! (I probably would have made double but lets not think about that!!) Well done on getting to day 12, I hope I make it that far :D

I am feeling grumpy this morning, depite making it to day 7, stupidly stood on scales this morning and while it says I have lost 7lb, my hubby has lost 6.5lb doing weight watchers this week, now I feel like I only lost half a pound more than him and he was eating all day every day :cry:

I will try not to worry about it for the min as our scales are rubbish and change every time you stand on them but if it;s still the same on CDC scales, I will be a tad upset! xx

So day 7 and I have just had my weigh in with my CDC, lost 6lb. I am actually really upset as have read all the posts from people who loose 10lb upwards the first week, my CDC told me that she would expect me to lose 2lb a week base don my first loss, which upset me even more as my hubby lost as much as me this week and his currently stuffing spag bol, my fave :(

So off to sulk in the corner with my CD bar :cry::cry::cry:

xx

I have posted on our other thread. But keep smiling!

Try not to get upset! you have done a fantastic job getting this far so dont let the weigh in get to you. the first week can vary depending on many factors such as the amount of water you drank, if you had a lot of carb in the body when you started and how long it took to get you into ketosis!! You may find you lose the same again this week!!

Men lose weight quicker due to testosterone and muscle so dont let his weight loss affect you! Your doing fab and 6lbs closer to your dream> you can do it xx x x

Try not to get upset! you have done a fantastic job getting this far so dont let the weigh in get to you. the first week can vary depending on many factors such as the amount of water you drank, if you had a lot of carb in the body when you started and how long it took to get you into ketosis!! You may find you lose the same again this week!!

Men lose weight quicker due to testosterone and muscle so dont let his weight loss affect you! Your doing fab and 6lbs closer to your dream> you can do it xx x x

Thankyou Kimmi :)

Ok I have clamed down a bit now, as you say it is 6lb closer to my dream, TOTM has deff just turned up for the first time in months too so I am going to put it down to that, I picked up a cake earlier and put it back lol, thats got to be an achievement! Heres to day 8 xx

Congratulations! If it had made it to my hand....I would have definitely eaten it!
I almost snatched a biscuit out of a woman's hand on the train earlier! Hehe! Hungry today!
I'm proud of your willpower!

Back