hello! new member :o)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mod-karen79, 1 May 2008 Social URL.

1. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

hi, :wavey:

i've been reading all of your threads for just over a month and have found it quite inspiring, so much so that i decided to give slimming world ANOTHER try....it's 6th time lucky for me! i know the diet inside out and can do well on it, but i really struggle with it long term.

i joined 4 weeks ago and i've got my 4th weigh-in today (thurs) ...have lost 8.5 pounds in 3 weeks.

...i really hope i can do it this time! and having the extra support on here will help me.

karen xx :character00201:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Force Ten

Force Ten Serial Dieter

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck Karen. I've just had my 4th WI and so far I'm really enjoying SW. I've never tried it before - have done WW many times but always give up after a short while (apart from once when I lost 42 pounds but the leader was inspiring - then she left and so did I:()

Can I ask why you struggle long-term with the diet? I really want to lose weight this time, so if I can avoid the danger periods, I might actually succeed for once.

I'm really glad I found this forum as everyone is really friendly and helpful.:)

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Good luck Karen, well done on the weight loss so far

5. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Thats a great weight loss! Get yourself a ticker and put it in your signature, it really helps me.
    xxx

6. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    Welcome honey, we are a friendly bunch and everyone on here is so helpful! Some of us find more support here than in our meetings

xx
    Steph

7. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    :welcome:to this forum , you will enjoy our friendly banter . we all do really encourage each other, xx

8. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    :wavey:Hiya Karen, welcome to the forum, keep up the good work and be sure to give us a shout if you need help with anything x x:)

9. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Welcome welcome. It really helps coming on here, people are always ready with advice, encouragement, and a watchful eye (Nanny Jax has here eye on me all the time! - and its working cos Ive only put on a pound since I started!) xxx

10. mod-karen79

force ten - i struggle long term because i really beat myself up over simple things like staying the same weight when i've stuck to it 100%...then i lose the plot and gorge on pies! then return to class the next week with a gain. then i eat more pies! then i stop going to class as i get too embarassed and disheartened.

this time i am determined to do it though!

11. Force Ten

Force Ten Serial Dieter

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ah I see. Our class leader is trying to motivate a couple of ladies who have stuck at the same weight even though they kept to the diet. She's suggesting eating more fruit and veg and doing more exercise - fairly obvious really, I suppose. She's good at emailing and phoning up and also answering questions if I phone her during the week, so I'm hopeful I can keep going with this class as I plan to be going to it for at least a year:)

12. mod-karen79

i plan to be on it a longgggggggg time!!! i need to lose about 8 stone and i'd be considered overweight even then!

how do i get a pic to appear at the side of my threads?

13. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Hi Karen, welcome to the forum and well done for going back to SW. You will find all the support and encouragement you need on here so get involved and enjoy yourself x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.