Hello, New to calorie counting

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Hello all! Thought I would come and post over here and say hello. I have been on minimins for 5 years now, though have only finally found success this year. I have lost 90lb this year with Cambridge, but am still another 4-6stone from my target weight.

I love Cambridge and it works well for me, however I have had to come off it for a little while. I am due to have surgery on my elbow on 23rd May, and can't use a VLCD in the run up to this or in the first few weeks afterwards (have been told 4-12 weeks, am waiting for the official word from Cambridge as to how long it will be).

Having worked so hard this year, I am terrified of piling the weight back on that I have lost. I had originally planned to follow Atkins style eating whilst I was in recovery, however I have a bit of a grumpy gallbladder, and grumpy gallbladders are not overly compatible with an Atkins lifestyle at this time! Therefore I have had a think, and my new plan is calorie counting. I am looking at 1200cals (have been living on 450-800ish with the VLCD) which is what I really need to be eating prior to surgery. I am also planning on staying low carb, as well as low fat. Having eaten relatively cleanly (other, you may argue, than the chemical wonders that are cambridge products) this year so far, I plan to keep that going too, trying to avoid overly processed foods where possible!!!

I understand MFP is the place to track calorie/carb/fat intake, but am happy to be corrected if anyone has a better idea? Having eaten such a restricted diet with restricted options quite happily for so long, my day to day menu is unlikely to vary too much, and I am more than happy with that.

So my rough plan is:

Breakfast (am ish):
Cambridge product 150cals (I have nearly 2 weeks worth at the moment and actually enjoy them!)

Lunch (12-1ish)
300cal meal - chicken and salad probably!

Snack (4pm ish)
Cambridge product 150cals

Dinner (7pm ish)
600cal meal - 4 egg omelette with mushrooms and salad, or a huge chicken stirfry (no noodles/rice)

Yeah it's not very exciting, but it looks good to me! Also gives me the flexibility to have a bigger meal at lunch time and take the calories off the evening meal.

Does this look ok?

Congrats on your weight loss so far and hope your surgery goes well. I use MFP to track calories and my form of exercise is walking which I use mapmywalk app. My cal intake is 1350. x

Well day one of calorie counting was interesting... somehow I have only managed 702cals. Whoops! Will try harder tomorrow!

Sounds alright to me. I recommend that you use My Fitness Pal to help you calculate what you need and keep track of what you've had. Good luck with it and I hope the surgery goes well.

Yes discovered MFP yesterday and very impressed with the app.

Looks fab and I definately think eating clean is the way to go. Good luck with your op x

Well done on your weight loss to date... That's a fab loss. X

Back