Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hello , Newbie here

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by buttercup81, 21 May 2010 Social URL.

1. buttercup81

buttercup81 New Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Hi guys n gals',

Well I have just started with Xenical, took my first tablet this morning.

I am currently so so unhappy with my weight, I have gained around 2 and a half stone since quitting smoking in september.

I know I have done a really good thing by quitting smoking, however sometimes I just think it would be easier to start again, at least my weight was stable.

This is a turning point for me, I WILL NOT start smoking again, and I WILL lose the weight I need to , for me , nobody else but ME.

I have never been a selfish person, but I now feel that I need to be in order for me to shift this excess weight.

I am really hoping that I will find some support on here and that we can all do this journey together.

Love n Hugz xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KittyBling

KittyBling Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(14.22%)
    Diet:
    Every Other Day Diet
    Hi Buttercup and welcome. I also gave up smoking (3 years ago) and piled on the weight and also sometimes think as you do, would it be easier to go back on them? Then when I actually think about it, I wasn't that thin when I was on them so it would make no difference at all! Well done on making a start, stick with us and post often, it really helps. Good luck!

KB x

4. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(33.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hiya buttercup and welcome to minis :D Well done on quitting smoking, I'm an ex smoker too ( Jan 2007 for me). Good luck on your weight loss journey, anything you need info on, just post here, and one of us will help you out :)
    x

5. slimmyang

slimmyang Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Woo, You look great, have you done by just taking Tabs or have you follow a diet too?
    I am on SW but not doing to good with one thing and the other, I was offered the big blue tabs but my head wasnt forcused enough to lose anything. am tempted to ask for them again. I need to lose 10 stone and have health problems.

6. Short for my weight

Short for my weight Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(20.59%)
    Diet:
    Doing it on my own
    Hi,
    Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your weight loss. You will find lots of useful advice on here. x

7. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(33.89%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey Ang :wavey: , I've been on the tabs since April 2007, although I've had 2 breaks from the,, first one I felt I was ready to stop taking them, and went to Rosemary Conley, but then real life kicked me in backside and slapped me in the face at the same time ( I lost 2 family members in the space of 6 weeks). So went back on the tabs, then again stopped in October last year, but I really struggled ( did SW), so in February this year I went back on them. I follow a low fat diet, although I don't look at it as a diet, or even a weight loss programme, it's a lifestyle change, and its going to be a permanent one too lol
    Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

8. stephybaby

stephybaby Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13.8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.4lb(1.62%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Hey welcome :)

Hope your okay

how are you findin it so far? xx

9. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Welcome & Good luck x

10. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    yes welcome.....
    and good luck...

and how have you been finding your first week!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.