Hello, Newbie Here!

Sternchen

Hi everyone! :)

I'm Sternchen, a newbie to the forums who has been trying to lose weight for a while but always seems to fall off the wagon :sigh:

Hoping that maybe you guys can advise me which plan might be best and maybe give me some pros and cons of some...

I tried Slimming World Extra Easy, I liked that cos you could eat unlimited amounts of certain foods like pasta etc (love my carbs!)

Not tried Weight Watchers before but interested to see what the differences are between ProPoints and Extra Easy... what do you prefer?

Last, I tried Celebrity Slim but the lack of carbs left me feeling very rough - dont think it suited me at all :(

Thanks in advance for your support and help - determined to get there this time! :)

Sternchen said:
Hi everyone! :)

I'm Sternchen, a newbie to the forums who has been trying to lose weight for a while but always seems to fall off the wagon :sigh:

Hoping that maybe you guys can advise me which plan might be best and maybe give me some pros and cons of some...

I tried Slimming World Extra Easy, I liked that cos you could eat unlimited amounts of certain foods like pasta etc (love my carbs!)

Not tried Weight Watchers before but interested to see what the differences are between ProPoints and Extra Easy... what do you prefer?

Last, I tried Celebrity Slim but the lack of carbs left me feeling very rough - dont think it suited me at all :(

Thanks in advance for your support and help - determined to get there this time! :)

Hi sternchen and welcome.I am a newbie of about a week now and last year I lost 2 stone with w w but gave it up not long after it became pro points because I too like my carbs and w w now dosent encourage them switched to s w and loving it life am now no longer hungery so good luck with your journey and with whatever plan you choose x julia

jms said:
Hi sternchen and welcome.I am a newbie of about a week now and last year I lost 2 stone with w w but gave it up not long after it became pro points because I too like my carbs and w w now dosent encourage them switched to s w and loving it life am now no longer hungery so good luck with your journey and with whatever plan you choose x julia

Sw member and loving it

Hi I'm a newbie too! LOTS of weight to lose, I'm 23 and I have always been overweight, never really tried that hard to lose it before but I'd to change. In ten days since starting to exercise and count the calories I've lost 5lbs, but I want to lose 100lb in total.

I dont think I would be able to stick to a restrictive diet like WW or SW because one little slip would make me feel really disheartened, so instead I try to count every calorie keeping between 1200-1500 a day, and I set myself the target of cycling 100km a week. In just ten days or so since I started I already feel different, psychological or not I feel like I have more energy and just generally feel better about myself!

Good luck to everyone I hope you lose as much as you want to!

Hi and welcome. I have just started LighterLife and can really recommend it. Although I am only on Day 5 I have had no problems with motivation so far. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Awww thank you for your lovely messages everyone :) think I will try slimming world again as I like the freedom :) bit poorly at the moment so will get started as soon as I'm well enough xx

Back