Hello! Newbie here!!

NekoZombie

Hi everyone! I've been lurking but time to come out I think!

My name is Ally and I have been on atkins for about a week. Overall, I haven't been finding it too hard...I have noticed however that I'm eating a fair bit of cheese (about 70g a day) and ham. I'm worried because these foods are salty and err addictive . I can't stop eating the stuff! I've also been eating peanuts, which I suspect are not allowed?

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself and I'll probably witter away on this thread every so often...:)

welcome and witter away xx

Hello! Peanuts arnt allowed if you're starting on induction, and if you find you've not lost much, perhaps cut back on the cheese!

Enjoy, and welcome :) xx

Hi Ally welcome and good luck :D

Welcome Ally, as the others say, best to stay away from peanuts in Induction. Drinking lots of water will help with the salt - but make sure you take multivitamins too - and try to get most of your carbs from green leafy veg :)

Morning Ally and welcome, why don't you post on the "What are we eating" thread and then we can all comment :)

Thanks all for the lovely welcome! I shall pootle off and try and find the thread. In the meantime, does anyone use ketostix? I've been testing the last few days - no ketones showing, a sure sign I'm doing something wrong...

use ketostixs a lot .......... check they are in date ............ x

yes ................. indulge in a new pot xx

Grrr, annoying - went down to boots and they didn't have any. Still don't know if I'm in or not...haven't had anything illegal so I shall just aim to keep on track. While I was in boots I weighed myself (finally felt brave enough) and found out I weigh 17 st 13. Now that was a shock.

I always went by the other signs of ketosis myself

The sticks don't work for everyone. As I understand it being in ketosis does not make you lose weight it simply makes you not feel hungry. If you're apetite has reduced you don't need pee on a strip of paper to tell you anything! People obssess about those damn sticks. When I did LL the counsellor insisted we show her our stick weekly and she would regularly tell me I was dehydrated despite drinking 5 litres of water a day, EVERY day! Save your money, buy a nice steak instead!

Haha! Fair point. A very nice steak for £5 I think!

What are the other signs of Ketosis? My appetite has definitely decreased Jim - no hunger to speak of, no longer crave bread and the like. No metal taste in my mouth though!

:welcome2:Hi Ally (are you a man or woman - nosey :D).

Andi x

Hello ally and welcome to the forum, everyone is really friendly and helpful on here
Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Back