Hello! Newbie here!

badkat84

Hi everyone :wave_cry:

This is my 1st time on a forum, so sorry for the lack or knowledge of how to use this type of site. I am going to meet with a consultant on Wednesday to speak to her about starting the Cambridge Diet, and I thought if I am going to do that I should also seek help and advice from other people who have and are on the same goal as me. As I do find having others to ask questions and advice helps keep you going and on track.

I have been trying for years to get my weight down, but nothing has worked very well. I am now at my wits end and feel this is my last hope. These past 6 months I have been on a 1200 a day diet with going to the gym 4-5 times a week, the only good thing from this is I am more toned and my fitness is better but I have not lost any weight. I have been up and down from 103KG (101 was my lowest and now back up to 103) over this time, I am now at crunch time as I get married in 6 months!! So much for “oh to lose 3 stone in 1 year will be do able”... I was originally 17.5 stone and now around 16.05, and that took me a year to do (i was a size 24 – now I’m in a 20) but since then I have just been stuck. My aim from Jan this year was to get from a 20 to an 18. So I’m sure you can understand my sadness in that i cant seem to even lose I dress size.
From reading other posters messages it feels me with hope that I am not alone in this.
Thanks for reading my looonnngg note, and I hope you can all help me along on this.

Well done on the weight you have lost already and good on you going to the gym.

Your defo on the right forum, were all here to help as much as we can on your journey as you help others too.

Cambridge is a great diet i started at the end of March weight 19st nearly died when i got on the scales felt so awful about myself i decided that was it enough is enough and was 100% on ss+ = 3 Cambridge products small meal. Im now down to 16 stone the lowest i have been in years and i feel so proud of myself that feeling is incredible.

You have something to aim for is the wedding congrats you want to look your best as the attention will be all on you, and the groom haha!!Mostly you though :)

First week will be the hardest expect headaches so carry paracetmol and drink as much water as you can.... "The more you drink, the more you shrink"

Hope this helps

E x

Hi Em, Thanks so much! That is amazing! And so great to hear that others are doing so well on it too. I am now on day two, I think the weekend will be the hardest for me as I am a boredom eater :( I have been put on ss+ too but so far have not had the small meal, as I think lets see how I do and that way if I feel like braking I can have my small meal. Went gym again today and felt a big light headed afterwards, so just sipping water now that I'm home. I am so amazed that the fizzy does make u feel full! Thanks for the tip a out the water and tablets, just download a water traker! Also it makes me see my habits, I got in from gym and went straight to the fridge, I was not even hungry!!! I'm also pleased that so far I have loved the flavours. I'm so nervous for my weight in next week, as I have PCOS my Con told me my weightloss will not be as much as most (around 5lb a week she thinks), but in honesty if I even reach that I will be so happy, on WW I only ever lost 0.5lb a week!! How do u find the CWP now, are u aiming for a dress size/weight/ or just how far u can go? yes having the wedding its what has made me choose this option, them pics will last a lifetime also im sick of being referred to as "big Em" (me and my mate are both called Emma, and even thought she is older im big em and she is little em) xxx

hey,

you are doing really well! going to the gym as well! go team you.
I have heard other people with pocs say weight loss is hard. The trick really is to keep busy. If its nice you could go for a walk, or paint the kitchen? take up knitting? lol

Lol! Yeah I have told the H2B that we can get all the odd jobs done! I'm looking to sell my car so a great time to give it a good clean and polish!

Yeah, I thought i'd keep up the gym as if I'm there I can eat he he (and hope it gives me the boost to deal with PCOS holding on to my fats)! !

Keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather, but on the bright side if its rubbish I have decide to make my own wedding invites ect, so that should keep my hands busy!

How are you doing on ur diet (are u doing CWP), it's been so nice reading people's journeys and to know I'm not on my own X

Hi Em, nice name ;)

Well your on day 3 now so the next few days will be hard work as your body is getting into ketosis, once your past this you will be fine, you will be in a routine and the food craving/food dreams will be gone. I remember when I first started i was ready to kill anyone that was eating nice food around me but now im fine that dosent bother me.

Weight Watchers is grand but you have to point everything which is annoying at least with the CWP they have done all that for you, obv harder for you cos of pcos but at least the weight loss will be better on the Cambridge.

That's a good idea about having the meal when you slip, i use put a Cambridge bar into the fridge and everytime when i went to the fridge i would nipple on it through out the day, or even a piece of chicken, you might not slip and it maybe be 100% smooth sailing but your only human we slip up.

Weekends are hard because everyone is going out you realise how much our lives revolve around food its crazy but keep busy hun u will be fine.

Im 16stone at the moment which is still heavy but honestly feel so skinny after loosing the 3.2 stone but im aiming for another 3 stone,i want gone for September cos im going on hols around then haven't booked anything yet but i want to feel UNREAL when im lying on the beach and i want to wear a bikini and not have people look at me.

Ex

He he! You are 100% correct, everything is food related, even in tv program's! I'm trying to teach my H2B to cook, as so far I cook for him, then have my soup!

That's is an amazing weigth loss! I'm 16st too, I will so so happy if this works, as at the mo I'm in the "nothing has worked, so this won't either" stage. Trying my best to be positive!

That's a great idea about the bar, I bet it feels like you are having something naughty! I'm looking forward to that stage (and have heard good things about mix a moose too).

Today is nice out, but to scared to go anywhere to far from a loo!!! If you know what mean! Lol

What are u up to today to keep busy? As nice as it is I just want to curl up with my book and keep my head down! (Prob didn't help I as up at 7 house cleaning!)

It's will amazing to go on a beach hol and not feel ashamed or that people are looking at you, I am going Mexico next may for my best mates wedding, so I am hoping this works and I can keep it off!

You have done amazing, and it gives hope that it can work for me too. Xxx

Temptation will be everywhere, when I see a burger kind or mac donalds add on tv I use close my eyes! haha

Oh brill so were both same weight so we can help each other out I would be trilled to hit 13 stone some people wouldn't be happy but it love it, positive thinking if I can do this you can do it you will get skinny.

Mexico sounds amazing and you have plenty of time to make sure you looks amazing at the wedding- all eyes on you!Lol

Things to keep busy: Usually hand with my mates, go for a walk, have a shower, paint my nails over n over, moisturise my body, online shop!haha"!

Big thing for me was not drinking - I fell around xmas and had got back surgery a few wks ago on my back so I was on painkillers for months so I couldn't drink so it was act good in a way.

I haven't tried mix a mouse but I will so, not fan of the bars but I still eat them think its just me there nicer from the freezer.

Up to much for weekend hun?

Ex

Yes! Def let me know how u get on, would be great to have a buddy doing this. Today has been so hard, went swimming and my tummy hasn't stop rumberling! Lol. For once I'm glad I will be back at work tomorrow.

Was productive this afternoon as I have been trying to make my wedding invites, so that keeps my mind off food.

13st would be amazing! I know what u mean, but that would be such an achivment, and spec on top of how well u have already done. Just simply amazing!

My wedding is in dec and just want want to be a size 18, I have untill sept, as that's the latest I can leave altering my dress till.

So nervous for my 1st weight in, it's on tues as my con is away on Wednesday, but on a positive I have almost done my 1st week :)

Do u get weighed each week too?

Xxx

The more you exercise you do at the start of the Cambridge the more calories u burn and it makes you hungry but it passes the time away!

Oh that's exciting making ur own invites,you have loads to look forward too!So you have 4 months to loose the weight before they cant alter ur dress, and ur wedding is dec im sure if u lost weight coming up to it they could alter it would they?

The first weight in is the best you look forward all week to it and the feeling of loosing weight is just brill. I use get weight ever weem I only got surgery done on my back 3 weeks ago so I haven't got weight yet cos I cant drive until my 5th wk so then ill go back to my Cambridge clinic ive been weighing myself tho I love to see how much im loosing cos it gives me the extra drive.

Good luck tomorrow with weigh in let me know how it goes.

E x

I have pcos and have found that because your body has trouble using the sugar from foods (insulin resistance) that this diet doesn't effect the weight loss. My average first week is 11lb then I usually do a 6lb before dropping to 4.5lb for a few weeks then levelling out at 3.5lb.

Wow, that's such a good loss, I'm keeping fingers crossed for my weighting tonight! It's nice to why I have had not much luck on other diets such as WW as you still eat bread/pasta and sugary stuff, you would have thought my doctor could have told me this years ago! At least I know know I just have to live on a low carb diet even once I hit my target weight. It was bad enough as a teen have the worry about the excess hair from the PCOS, but it's the dark patches I get from the insulin resistance that still make me con (it looks like I have a dirty neck and elbows, and I get a patch on my face). I'm so glad to hear you have had such a good loss even with this, so thank you for letting me know xxx

Yippee I lost 7lbs on my 1st weighing, I can't believe it's working, feel so good now, went gym afterwards too, going out with friends tomorrow so have to try my best to be good :)

Well done hun that's half a stone you should be so proud ;)

Another 100% week and u will be flying.

Enjoy your night out

Ex

Thanks girls!!! I am soo chuffed that I have lost, and as much as that!

How is ur week going (so far) at least we are half way to the weekend :) xxx

Well done on 7lbs in one week that's awesome!

Back