hello, newbie in need!

amy_alvor

Hi everybody,
I'm Amy. I'm 22 and had a bit of a shock today, bought some clothes for my holiday and discovered i'd gone up another dress size. I had a wonderful figure even after i had my daughter, but since me and my partner met 2 years ago i have gone up two dress sizes. I havent really paid any attention... I dont look at myself naked though so i was aware of the weight i'd put on, just chose to ignore it.
Anyway, thats all changed now... I'm going to alvor.in portugal on august the 30th and the week before to devon... The devon holiday isnt what im worried about though. I can't wear a bikini with my figure the way it is... My hips hang over everything and my thighs rub and wobble! My stomach needs a lot of work to. So i have around 15 weeks to lose whatever it takes to stop this happening so i can enjoy my holiday and not be.miserable.
My friends/family insist i dont need to lose any weight... I'm tall so i carry it.off well when dressed (although my upper arms are.noticeably podgy). It can be very frustrating as if im on dieting and they give me food they will completely ignore.my pleas to stick to my diet.
So ive joined this forum for support... My downfall in losing weight is laziness and alcohol on a friday then a kfc on a saturday :-\ however after trying on an outfit for.by the beach today, i am not prepares to look like this come august. My main areas i need to lose it are hips and thighs (i'm not.sure where my bums gone, my thighs appear to have eaten it)
Any tips would be greatly apreciated. Im on the slimming world diet, i lost 6 pound a few months ago but put it back on, and then some!! Too many fast food meals, cheese and carling lol.
Anyway sorry for rattling on, i guess im letting off a bit of steam, i feel a bit ashamed of myself really.
Also i have an feeling my partner is going to propose in Alvor ;-) so want to be happy.and comfortable, not lacking self esteem and miserable!
Amy xx

Hey Amy, I started doing SW last tuesday aswell, I am a newbie here like you and I can sympothise with the weight gain since being with a new partner, I have gone up 2 stone in the three years I have been with mine, no holiday for me though as yet but we are engaged and although not planned yet, would like to be alot slimmer for when we do get married :)

Well done on losing 3lbs in your first week! Do you give yourself days off? Before, i lost 3lb per week and had 1 day off where i would either have an alcoholic drink (well several really lol) or something naughty to eat. This time i had a day off on fri AND sat and it has shown, i havent lost any this week :-( but im being more strict now.
I think i just became so comfortable that i didnt notice the weight creep on over our two years! Oh well, i begin a zumba class tomorrow and with the diet hopefully that'll speed up a bit of weight loss ready for portugal!

Post Retracted for Privacy Reasons.

Last edited:
Callanetics

Hi Amy :wavey:
I'm new here too, and I also started SW a week ago (Mon. 02/05) - only myself though: bought starter pack from ebay. I've been doing low-carb./Atkins on and off since around New Year and I think I must've dropped about a stone on it.. I don't weigh myself but I've gone down a good dress size. Low carbing suits me, but it gets boring eating the same things so much, and I feel it's time to try something else.

Anyway, I'm not really in a position to offer advice, but I just wanted to suggest that you try Callanetics. Did it years ago from a book, but bought the DVD recently, and I've done it 9 times over the last month. It seems to be making a difference!:woohoo:
I'm sure Zumba will be great too, but Callanetics works 'deep down' and seems to work quickly!

You seem to have made a good start :clap:
Good luck! :)

... (i'm not.sure where my bums gone, my thighs appear to have eaten it) ...
Amy xx

This made me giggle :giggle:

Thats why i enjoy dieting on slimming world, because there is a big selection. I dont find myself hungry ALL of the time either, just 80% of the time lol (if i so much as think about food i'm imediantly hungry, even i've just eaten!). Im mainly eating quorn foods at the minute, luckily there's loads of different types that are free. Today i'm having quorn chicken pieces, golden savoury rice and syn free chips.
Thanks for the advise... I've had a quick google of callanetics as i hadn't heard of it, it seems great for toning up my lower half... Do you know of any cheaper dvds though as30 is out of my price rabge at the minute.
I hope you get on well with SW! I've made myself some of the famous magic porrigde to have later, i'm genuinly excited hehe

What is this magic porridge you speak of?! I'm intrigued!!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!! Do let us know if you start a journal, would love to read about how you're doing, and if he proposes!!!

This site is great and very supportive!! So welcome!!

Look forward to chatting soon!!

Love an hugs

MrsB xxxxxx

Id love to start a journal, i will have to sit down and figure out how. I have lost two pounds this week and that was with my two naugty carling/kfc days so i'm chuffed at the minute.
I have the perfect outfit to wear for on the night i suspect he is proposing, but if i wore it now itd look horrific lol. This is going to be a bit humiliating if he doesnt propose hehe.
Well im not sure if ive read it right but magic porrige: 28g porridge oats, a muller light yougurt mixed together and put in fridge overnight... Upposedly a beautiful present! Im having it as a late nigt snack today though ooops
i can already tell this.site is going to be a massive help. I love it!
Amy x

Well done on losing 3lbs in your first week! Do you give yourself days off? Before, i lost 3lb per week and had 1 day off where i would either have an alcoholic drink (well several really lol) or something naughty to eat. This time i had a day off on fri AND sat and it has shown, i havent lost any this week :-( but im being more strict now.
I think i just became so comfortable that i didnt notice the weight creep on over our two years! Oh well, i begin a zumba class tomorrow and with the diet hopefully that'll speed up a bit of weight loss ready for portugal!

thanks hun, well i did kind of have a night off yeah coz i went to a party so had a few drinks, I saved up my syns through the week though. Don't want to do that often really though.
I didn't do enough exercise really last week so going to do alot more this week and hopefully more will come off :)

ebay

Thanks for the advise... I've had a quick google of callanetics as i hadn't heard of it, it seems great for toning up my lower half... Do you know of any cheaper dvds though as30 is out of my price rabge at the minute.
I hope you get on well with SW! I've made myself some of the famous magic porrigde to have later, i'm genuinly excited hehe

You can get a Callanetics DVD from ebay for £20, or you might be lucky and get a used one for less.

SW didn't go that well for me (for the short time I tried it lol). I'm back on low carb for now. Might give it another go when I've lost another 'size' or so, but want to do what I know works for me atm.

Hey!! Welcome!! I wish you all the beat luck with SW!! You can do it!! I'm here if you need motivation or support!! :D Good luck again!! :)

welcome to the forum and wishing you well on your weight loss goals!

Back