Hello! Newbie - one week into LLL!

NewMe2009

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself as I’ve been reading the boards and think the support on here is really useful.
I’m 28, and joined LLL on 7 March. My first weigh in was yesterday and I lost 3lb which I was delighted with as I’d stuck to LLL solidly apart from Friday for a wedding.
I had about 20lb to lose, so 3lb down is a welcome start! My main motivation is to help get my body confidence back. I’ve never been this big before, and it’s really impacted on my energy levels and self-confidence. Going through a divorce last year and moving jobs/location I think all contributed to my weight gain – I basically ate my way through the stress. I haven’t been able to nip the problem in the bud through Weightwatchers or Slimming World, and heard about Lighter Life through a friend. I’m feeling positive, energetic and finding the diet relatively easy to stick to so far! It’s just not so great for the social life.

:D Any other new LLL starters? x

Lighter Life Lite is a good diet in my opinion! It's harder than LL Total because you do still have to make 'smart' food choices - but at the same time I think we learn more about how to manage portions and how to eat 'properly'. I've done both, the Total and Lite in the past, and can say that my weight losses, personally, were very similar on both programs.

I hope to re-start very soon too, so good luck on your journey! :) It is worth it!

Hi, I am quite new too. The groups are really good. I think as busy adults not many people take the time out to think the things we are encouraged to think about in group. Hopefully it will help me to look at food differently in the future. I do find it hard though as some people think that merely losing the weight will encourage you to stay slim. My cravings sometime as so overbearing, I just know without the food packs I would put the weight on again. But it is early days for me.. There are not many diets out there which make you lose 3lbs a week is there? Good luck on your journey.

Hi thanks for your replies, and good luck for starting again! It's so motivating being on this diet, although I do understand the sessions are important - I find my counsellor pretty terrible. I'm going to give her a chance as I've only seen her twice, but she's a very headstrong bullish character, who literally just talks about herself. I don't find much interactivity nor good advice... we just have to sit and listen to her rant on about her own weight battles.

I have found the other members of the group as being really fantastic though. We all ring and text each other advice, tips on food and pep each other up - so it's the groups saving grace really!

RE: what can I eat on LLL? Well it's three foodpacks per day, one of which has to be a bar. Then you're allowed one meal which consists of lean protein, vegetables and salad - no carbs, fruit or sugar. You also have an allowance of dairy and condiments. It's quite restrictive as you have to weigh your meat/eggs, and you have to make sure you're having a good 3 portions of veg to get all the nutrients your body needs.

Examples of meals I've been able to have include: Veggie omelette with salad, Veggie beany cassoulet, home-made chicken curry with a side of spiced cauliflower, tuna nicoise salad, ham salads, steak and salad.

It's not bad and I do find that I'm not hungry at all on this diet, but I think that's probably because I'm in ketosis and feeling motivated. I'm only 1.5 weeks in though!

I'm going to start a food diary thread to help keep me motivated but hopefully inspire others if bored of what they're eating.

Heya!

Have you tried the beef and Ginger stir fry? I used to hate red meat and also packet bought stirfry, but my goodness this is lush.
Portion steak, sliced into strips, 1 red pepper, 1 green, 1cm square grated Ginger, garlic cloves (I have two-love it N keeps vampires away). Matchstick sized carrots-as many as u fancy! Plus some LL stock (5 quid at my meeting but def worth it).
Put onion and garlic in with 3 tablespoons Stock and water, fry till most of water gone, add carrot, pepper, keep stirring, splash some soy sauce in (1 tspn), and 1 tspn chilli flakes, and ginger gratings, then put beef in last and moosh around til it's browned. Done! The Ginger makes it taste like proper Chinese!
It's in the Lite book so if u have that find it and try it. Nom nom nom xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the recipe - going to try it this week!

How are you guys finding it at the moment?

I'm now starting week 4 - weigh in on Wed (changed groups from Mondays so got to wait a bit longer to find out my loss this week!)

I was feeling positively miserable on Saturday as I was struggling with carb cravings and wanting to go out and drink wine with my friends. Fed up of being the boring one! But I got past it by trying on some clothes that previously didn't fit and were waiting in a bag to be returned to the shops! They fit! Well! HURRAY. So it's definitely worth all this effort, and my motivation is back up. xxx

That's really great newme. It's very hard at the weekends. I usually start of great in the mornings and then by 4 I'm incredibly tired and extremely narky lol

I'm in work 2 hours earlier than I normally would be so I'm hoping the 4pm slump doesn't hit earlier!!

On the upside I'm wearing a skirt that was too tight for me last week and it fits fine now!!

Have a great day xxxx

Ah fabulous! Wish the weather was nice enough for a skirt, it's gone really grey and miserable again. Where did spring go?

Yesterday was fine but I'm struggling with the drinking water. I completely forget at work as I'm sooo busy, so I need to make an effort. Saying that - I've only had 3 cups of coffee today. No water. Bad bad bad.

B: LL porridge
L: LL bar and Chilli
D: LL shake

No hunger pangs! Scales at home show no weight loss, but my clothes are feeling looser. Confused. x

Back