Hello, newbie with 5 stone to lose

Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I had been dieting since the end of December and managed to lose a stone but I've lost my way a bit and the pounds are already creeping back on. :(
So this will be Take 2!
I'm determined to get this 5 stone off by eating healthily and dusting off my collection of workout DVDs and videos that I'm finally going to put to good use!
So, hopefully by the end of the year I'll have my own success story to talk about. :)

Dee Dee

I hope so too. Let me know if you need any help to boost your morale if you have any off days.

Rozie.

Hi Dee, Welcome to the forum.

I see that you say you are doing your own thing, does that mean that you are calorie counting or just cutting down?
I'm sure you will succeed as you sound very determined but - and there are going to be but's as you already know - when that happens don't take things to heart too much and beat yourself up. These things happen to all of us! Just keep your pecker up and get back to it a.s.a.p....:D

Take care and all the very best to you....:)

Welcome Dee! Well done on your weight loss so far, that's great.

You'll find lots of helpful tips and advice here, it's great :)

Post Retracted for Privacy Reasons.

Last edited:
(Trying to post this again without links)
Afternoon, thanks everyone for the warm welcome and encouraging words! :)

My diet plan is basically cutting down, cutting out things like fizzy drinks and wine and replacing foods that I would usually have with healthier options. For example eating wholemeal pasta instead of white and controlling the portions that I have - not taking a huge plateful of pasta and then going for a second helping. :eek:There isn’t so much calorie counting but if get a ready meal I'll take a look at how many calories and fat are in them.

Sticking to three healthy meals a day.
So today will be :
bowl of porridge for breakfast, 2 apples
thick vegetable soup for lunch with a yoghurt
roast lamb, 2 boiled potatoes (instead of my usual 4 roasted) carrots, broccoli and gravy

I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible so it‘s easier to follow.
I won’t be making the mistake of weighing myself too often, which I think is where I went wrong before. I gradually started weighing myself every day then as soon as I saw I’d lost a bit one day I’d take it a bit easy and not be as strict the next day...then the day after….then you know…

andeevans I’m looking at making changes to how I eat and what I eat.
I know if I go to Tesco without a list I end up wandering round the shop and I know I’ll get tempted and pick up something I shouldn‘t - I do it all the time! So I need to make a strict list of what I need to buy.
If I go to work without lunch I usually end up getting take out of the way home, so I’ll make sure I’ll take a homemade sandwich or soup.
I also plan to make a huge batch of thick veg soup to stick in the fridge so I can have a cup of that if I’m feeling hungry.

I think it will help if you look at what habits you have with food and what you could change, that would be a good starting point.
I’m currently sorting out my evening meals for the next week. There are loads of low fat recipes on the channel 4 food website that look really nice. (sorry can’t post links as a newbie)

Hope that helps and good luck!

Back