Hello! Newbie

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Hi, I'm Caryl and I am new to this site! I have signed in and join the June challenge already, but I thought I would do a post to say Hi to everyone - I plan to stick around for a good long time so hoping to get to know everyone!

I am 27, a single mum (entirely by choice) to my 10 month old daughter Chloe. The past year has been pretty mental, but I have achieved some incredible stuff in the past year...the only things I have left to sort now are shift the weight and find the man of my dreams :)

I am currently somewhere between 22 and 23 stone - I dont know exactly as the ex got custody of the scales when I left him :rolleyes:. Irrelevant really as the point is that I am beyond overweight and need to lose soooooo much.

Tried most diet plans going and failed miserably, until a friend told me about the cambridge diet! So I am going to give it ago - Ive nothing to lose but the weight! lol. Fact is I want to be running around after my daughter in the garden next summer, not sat on the side panting and sweating like a pig like I am right now!

I have a wedding to go to in Feb next year, and really hope to have 100lb off by then - whether that is realistic or not we shall see! In total i want to lose 140 -168lb but I am being realistic and seeing how it goes. Right now I am hoping to get to under 20stone for the first time in 8 years!!!!!

So thats me really! hi to everyone and looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hi carly, welcome to mini's. You sound really positive about starting cd.My advice to you is Do it 100% dont mess with it or have breaks.Sooo hard to get back to it properly! You will love it here lots of support/advice etc. Bet chloe keeps you on your feet thats a gorgeous name. Will look forward to seeing you around the forum.You will have this weight of in no time :)

becky xx

Hi welcome to Mins, good luck on your journey and keep us informed of all your weigh losses. This forum is great for support so if you ever had a bad day just post and everyone will keep you on track.. they have for me anyway. Good Luck Hun xx

Welcome Bish...and good luck. X X

Cambridge is perfect for people who are focused and want quick losses so you sound like a perfect candidate.
Which day is your start day and weigh in day?

This site is fantastic for support and everybody is so lovely...it's worth it's weight in gold. So keep coming back for support,advice, a laugh,a natter or even a moan if you want one.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Gaynor X x

Hi! I am going to see my CDC on thursday, with plans to start the plan on monday. This is because I am off to see my grandparents for the weekend, and my grandad doesnt agree with diets. He is of the generation that adds full fat cream to every meal :rolleyes: So rather than shoot myself in the foot from the word go, I figured I would enjoy my weekend and start on monday.

I am off on holiday on 27th July. However it is just me and Chloe, so not like I would be eating out every night. So assuming all is going well I am hoping to stick to CD while I am away - apart from anything else once I fall off the wagon I really struggle to get back on!!!! so best to stay on in the first place :party0038:

Hello & welcome!

Welcome and best of luck :) xx

Hi Caryl,

Just wanted to say huge good luck, you sound like a brave and determined woman who knows what she wants so I'm sure you are going to do absolutely wonderfully!

C xxx

welcome on board hun and good luck for next week, you will be shrinking before your very eyes before you know it!

Gxx

I bloomin hope so! If I lose all the weight Porgeous can I borrow your dress??? I love it!!!!:jelous:

I bloomin hope so! If I lose all the weight Porgeous can I borrow your dress??? I love it!!!!:jelous:

You're on, consider it a deal! :D

I shall hold you to that - what size is it? lol

See you are in Leighton Buzzard - I used to live in Milton Keynes for a while! I lived in Shenley Brook End and worked at Oakhill?

It's a size 10 and you can definately hold me too it. It would give me no greater pleasure to pass it on to you when you cross your finishing line! Oh yes I know Milton Keynes fairly well, especially the shopping centre! I only moved down here 6 years or so ago from the Midlands. Whereabouts are you now then?

My pic

This is me (and my daughter) - thought I would just show you a now picture. Ok its not now exactly - its about 6 months old, but its the most recent pic I have of myself for now!

awww chloe is gorgeous making me all broody! shes so cute. You can add a pic under your username think its 20posts you have to have for that and then 50 for pm's and email :)

becky xxxx

Lol I shall keep posting then til I get to 20 and add a recent pic of my girl as my avatar :)

I bought her some new shoes today. They have piglet on them - she loves winnie the pooh stuff! Unfortunately she was over tired when I put them on her tonight, and refused to let me take them off before bed!!! so she went to bed in her shoes (which i removed when she went to sleep).

I would love to have another baby (another reason to lose alot of weight!) but as I am currently single its currently not an option :rolleyes: but when I am skinny and hot I will have men falling at my feet :cool:

I only moved down here 6 years or so ago from the Midlands.

Lol I moved TO the midlands after leaving MK - lived in Handsworth in Birmingham for a while (why? why did no one try and stop me? or warn me?) then moved out to Dudley to live with my then boyfriend! Lived up there for 2 1/2 years.

Now back down south - near southampton - which is where I grew up :rolleyes:

YIKES Handsworth, very brave lady! Small world though aye!

Lol I shall keep posting then til I get to 20 and add a recent pic of my girl as my avatar :)

I bought her some new shoes today. They have piglet on them - she loves winnie the pooh stuff! Unfortunately she was over tired when I put them on her tonight, and refused to let me take them off before bed!!! so she went to bed in her shoes (which i removed when she went to sleep).

I would love to have another baby (another reason to lose alot of weight!) but as I am currently single its currently not an option :rolleyes: but when I am skinny and hot I will have men falling at my feet :cool:

Too right you will have men falling at your feet. My girl is 3 and hates putting on shoes and socks but loves taking them off!!!

Back