Hello!! Not sure where to start...

I feel like a big fat failure, I just can’t lose the weight. I’m not motivated. I start and end diets on a weekly basis. It’s getting stupid now, I’m obese, running around after 2 kids, I am embarrassed. It’s terrible for my confidence.

I don’t know where to start, or what diet to do. Perhaps calorie counting. I just know I need to document it. If I can get 1 week under my belt, I feel like I will be able to continue. I’ve got 86 lbs to target. It’s impossible.

Good luck on your weight loss journey - as makemeslim has said - it's never impossible - lots of support here - how about dealing with one stone at a time?

Good luck on your weight loss journey - as makemeslim has said - it's never impossible - lots of support here - how about dealing with one stone at a time?
I think I just need to forget about the bigger goal and just take it a week at a time. It’s just so daunting when I’m lacking motivation. But just one good loss I hope will push me forwards, so this first week is very important.
Thanks for the welcome.

Hope you've woken up in a positive frame of mind? As you say the first week is very important - good luck with day 1 - for support keep posting!

Hope you've woken up in a positive frame of mind? As you say the first week is very important - good luck with day 1 - for support keep posting!
Yes so far so good. Just walked to nursery and back with my daughter and pram. Baby is asleep now too. So have at least an hour to eat a yoga relaxation workout in, shower and try relax.

Hey Sarah,
Have you thought about some mini targets, rather than being overwhelmed by the the overall target? Things like - every 5 pounds you buy yourself a bath bomb, then at 10% you do something special, etc? My goals are: pre second baby weight, pre first baby weight, the weight I was at my wedding, and the weight I was throughout my 20s!

Sometimes I think I spend my entire life on one diet or another - the second I stop, I start gaining weight. I've lost a fair bit, but I really want to make it down to goal so am starting again.

Here are some thoughts...hope they help!

- Paleo - didn't work for me, but works for some. Great if you eat meat etc. I found it filling, and I could usually work around it on restaurants. No calorie counting, which makes it easier.

- Weight Watchers - worked for me a couple of times, then stopped. I find you have to be able to plan everything, and know in advance what you're doing. It's a lot like calorie counting, but you can do a no count version I think. You do have to spend a fair bit of time on planning for WW, but it definitely does work. However, I always felt hungry on WW - perhaps because I was pretty much free to spend my limited points however I wanted - never felt very healthy, either!

- Slimming World - Definitely feels like the healthiest plan I've tried. Once you get your head around it, there's only limited counting of syns and you can then eat freely from defined foods. You can feed the whole familly on this, too, without any problem (although kids obviously need full cream milk, etc). I lost a couple of stone on this after having a baby and it feels more like a lifestyle shift than a diet. I definitely found it easier than WW, and was also less hungry. However, my syns crept up before I reached goal, which is why I'm currently doing extante.

- Extante / other VLCD - I'm only on day five, so I can't say anything about effectiveness. But, it's certainly simple, and I'm not struggling with running after my two kids now that the ketosis seems to have kicked in. There is something liberating about not cooking, even though I'm a foodie. Also, because it's extreme, I am finding it easier to follow. It's not a plan for life, however, so I would go back to SW after this.

- Cabbage soup diet - I used to use this as a one week kick start for calorie counting. It was pretty extreme and hard, but then it made simple calorie counting a lot easier to stick to by comparison. It's a bit old fashioned but it definitely works as a kick start.

Anyone have any others?

Thanks so much @YellowWatermelon rrally helpful. I decided on slimming world. I’m too active for low calorie, also with young kids it’s nice to sit around the table, with no technology and eat with them. So I decided slimming world sounded right for me. Just done day 1 and have stayed on track....time will tell. But I’m feeling 100% better since just deciding and beginning.

Hey guys, does anyone know how many syns are in these noodles

Attachments

• 4CDAB8AA-583E-4167-AFE0-D86949E3BFF0.jpeg
    4CDAB8AA-583E-4167-AFE0-D86949E3BFF0.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 6468E659-420D-4465-A760-DE1985EA3057.jpeg
    6468E659-420D-4465-A760-DE1985EA3057.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DE96A844-96A2-4EF4-AA71-F43355885347.jpeg
    DE96A844-96A2-4EF4-AA71-F43355885347.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 11
Hey guys, does anyone know how many syns are in these noodles

I've just checked SW's syns online and noodles aren't too bad syn-wise some are even free - but there's a lot of variation in the various brands - I can't read the brand of yours - if you let me know I'll look them up and check them for you.

Last edited:
I definitely need to plan my shop this week. Although I don’t really want to add food like prepacked noodles or pasta pots because they are low syn but high calorie. When yesterday I didn’t have enough syns for milk in my evening tea. I think if I plan my food I can make it work.

Good idea to plan our food shop - nothing worse than not having the right stuff in when we're hungry.

I know what you mean about restricting carbs like noodles and pasta etc - but I've found that if I eat sensible amount of them - when I'm genuinely hungry - having a that kind carby snack or as part of a meal with a third speed food I do lose weight - but I've found out the hard way if I don't keep strictly to the rules the losses fade away ;)

I've just checked SW's syns online and noodles aren't too bad syn-wise some are even free - but there's a lot of variation in the various brands - I can't read the brand of yours - if you let me know I'll look them up and check them
I've just checked SW's syns online and noodles aren't too bad syn-wise some are even free - but there's a lot of variation in the various brands - I can't read the brand of yours - if you let me know I'll look them up and check them for you.
oh that’ll be great thanks a bunch. They’re called samyang spicy noodles.

Just checked - sorry SW doesn't have those noodles on their list :(

Back