Hello old friend.

Akri

Morning folks and Hello!

Newbie alert (sort of). It's been a few of years since I really put my back into losing weight and unsurprisingly I've turned back to the one diet I ever had any success on.
I first tried lipotrim in the summer of 2009 just after I was made redundant. I didn't have much success with it but that was probably down to the fact that I was sitting around my apartment all day looking online at jobs sites and not having very much else to do so unfortunately a few times I succumbed to the tricksey mistress that is Boredom Eating, or thinking I was more hungry that I actually was. After 3 weeks and still no job I couldn't afford to buy LT anymore in comparison to a 'normal' food-shop that usually cost half the price and I didn't feel I was doing myself justice as I was cheating left right and center. In short, I was not in the right mind set to do it.
Despite my 'cheekiness' though I did manage to lose 17lbs, which really says it all I think.

Then 2010 happened. Arguably the worst year of my life. I damaged my back, developed Sciatica, could barely walk and then inevitably, the money dried up. Couldn't find work, couldn't pay rent and I used food as the only comfort I could get my hands on. Then I made the difficult decision to move back home to my parents in Jersey, leaving my boyfriend in the UK to move back in with his parents, where we both respectfully still are.

Roll forwards 1.5 years and I have a job that pays me well, my boyfriend and I are still together and it's time for yet more uplift: I'm currently looking for work in the UK so that I can come home, but this time round I like to think I'm approaching things more...carefully.

Sadly, through all this my weight has soared. I am now the heaviest I have ever been.
But all is not lost! Like I say, I have a job that I can more than just 'survive' on so I can afford LT every week and this time round I'm really going to make use of it! I do not have the time to just sit around and think of all the lovely things I have stashed in the fridge and I have the biggest motivation of all! Moving back to the UK to be with my boyfriend. I figure I'm making all these great changes, why can't I make the most important one of all to my health and general well being?

Safe to say that this time WILL be different because what is the alternative? Eat myself into an early grave? Be so unhappy with myself that I push everyone around me away? Lock myself in my room and decline social invitations because I can think of nothing to wear that will disguise the shape of my body, because quite frankly when you get to the size that I have become, there's precious little that will pull off that particular miracle.

So, today is Day1 and I've just had my first shake of the day (chocolate) and I feel very good indeed (as we all do on day1, i grant you).
I think I'm pretty blessed; I've always quite enjoyed the shakes, especially the chicken soup! I've never really been a typical snacker- My sweet tooth is completely dormant so I don't expect the sweet shakes to shape up to the sort of taste that you can get out of a purple foil-wrapped bar (deliberately avoiding naming the things lol).

Anyway, the long and short of it is that I've been big as long as I can remember. There has been one time in my life that I can remember being pleased with the way my body/diet was going and unfortunately that was when i was 19 and developed an eating disorder. I lost 40lbs in 3 months. While I've tried many diets/pills/potions over the years (name it, i've probably tried it!!) never once have I ever put as much effort in as I did in those 3 months, which I think says something not pleasant about me.
I think it stems from the fact that for as long as I care to remember I've always had a particular mantra: "I will not be fat in my teen years." "I will not be fat when I'm old enough to go clubbing." " I will not be fat at university." "I will not be fat in my graduation photos." " I will not be fat in my 20's."

I'm 24 now. It's time for me to grow up and take responsibility for my health and happiness. I have been through too much in the past few years to be the cause of my own unhappiness when I have so much to be grateful for.

Pretty words, I appreciate, and admittedly none of the above is a new speech. Doing is different than saying, and I'm so SICK of getting my high diet horse and then slinking off in embarrassment mere weeks later when I've given up. This time I have everything to live and love for.
I'm going to make this time the last time.

I'm sorry for the spiel so early in the day, it's probably a very poor introduction, but aside from that, Hello, it's very nice to meet you all. I've been reading some of the posts here ever since I made the decision to come back to LT on thursday and I find it incredible how encouraging everyone is on here and I'm very happy to join you. We're all in this together right?

If you read this when it's posted, then I hope you have a wonderful day ahead of you, if you read this later, I hope your day was lovely and relaxing/productive.

See you all around the boards!

-Akri.

That's an epic introduction!

Hello and welcome to hell....sorry...I mean lipotrim haha

Good luck :D

Hahahahahaha thanks! :D

Welcome along Akri.

you'll find lots of support and help along the way. Plus there's a good few of us with similar amounts to lose as you. So stick with us and you'll never hve to say "I will be thin by....." again

Welcome back to someone who has also comeback to re-lose the weight!

Welcome Akri. Your introduction has encouraged me to carry on today. I'm on day 6 and whilst I'm not at all hungry, I'm struggling with the concept that I haven't eaten. I did lipotrim 4 years ago with brill results - I'm sure we can achieve it again. Good luck x

Hi hun that was some introduction ;) so where are you living now? On app so can't see info.

I'm also 24 and can so relate to what you said. I was cancelling social stuff left, right and centre as I was too fat and at the end of the day it's up to us to change our habits and conquer our food demons.

I'm on week 10 and have been 100% which im proud of and I've lost 3 stone so far. Still got another 5 to lose, maybe more but will see how I look and feel. How much are you wanting to lose if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway just wanted to wish you good luck on lipotrim and the job front :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks so much all :) I'm really looking forward to spreading around the encouragement and love to you all.
Bex, I still live in Jersey with my folks but I very much hope to find a job in the UK within the next couple of months (been looking now for around 6 weeks) or at least until I've saved up at least enough money for 6months worth of rent to give me some breathing room to look for jobs whilst being in the UK. I'd rather have the job sorted and THEN move over so I'm not inbetween pay cheques tbh, it just seems safer. Can't shake the nightmare of 2010 just yet :S
I just miss my boyfriend, I've been in Jersey and away from him for 18 months and it's just torture :(

But at least LT is taking my mind of that and gives me a happier, brighter future image; one where Im back in the UK, living with my OH and able to be happy in the skin Im in. Not too much to ask surely?
Amazingly good success on the 3stone mark though Bex! Very well done!!
I have about 10 stone to lose, realistically, which will put me around the 10.5-11stone mark. Apparently this is healthy for my height (5"8.5) but I suspect it'll be more around the 12-13stone mark. I've never been that slim before so I guess it'll just be a case of wait (or weight lol) and see!!

I'm down 2 shakes today and really enjoyed my Chicken soup (does that make me strange?)

Enjoying the chicken soup so early on in the diet makes you exceptionally strange.

FACT! :p

Welcome hun, wow with an intro like that I feel like I've known you for years! :)
Good luck with your journey, it really does work. You just have to get thru wk1 and all will be fine, we are all here if you need us :D xx

I really admire you and your plans for your future. I don't think I would have the staying power or determination and would give up before I started. Good for you and good luck!

Good luck akri....great intro, i enjoyed reading it. I think this forum will help you....it gives me the inspiration to go on....best wishes x

Morning all, hope you're all doing well.
It's day three and I'm still going strong I'm happy to say. Due to the words of my pharmacist and my own memory I think I'm heading into ketosis, if the bad, slightly sweet taste in my mouth is anything to go by. No headaches to speak of, but then I very rarely get them so hopefully that'll continue :)
I know day 3 is supposed to be one of the biggest hurdles but today is a bit unique and will be so hectic that I'm hopefully not going to have time to think about it! I work today 12-8pm but then I'll be coming home and packing for a VERY last minute trip to the UK first thing in the morning as I've been offered an interview for an admin job in the UK!!!!!!!! Finally, a nibble! If everything goes to plan and I get this job I'll be back in the uk in 5-6 weeks!! Super excited as it would be the ultimate pay off for everything I've worked for for the last year and a half and will mean I'm back with my partner, which means more to me than I can put into words.
So please keep your fingers crossed for me :)

On a side note, is it normal to have difficulty sleeping? Feel very tired and some of that is the tiredness of not having the normal energy from food I would normally get during a day. The feeling of not eating isn't exactly new to me lol, and that's pretty much what this feels like, combined with the tiredness of not sleeping. Oo err.

Anyway, off to do my morning routines, hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Akri.

Back