Hello! On day 3 of SW and need support!

Lovepuff

Hi all, I have just started SW and am on day 3 so far having done original days so far.

I just need somewhere to come and share the ups and downs and tips and ideas etc.

OK if I join you?

Justine x

Hey!

I'm a newbie too!! Today is day 1 for me - but 2nd time on SW. Due to wheat/gluten intolerances I'm resigned to majority of days being red. Just as well I'm not a veggie too!!! LOL!!

Best of luck chick - i find that keeping meal simple is the best way to go - lots of classics like roasts, spag bol, cottage/shepherds pie with mashed veg on top etc

Happy losing!
xx:D

Thanks!!! Good luck to you too! Got a lamb chop for tea with lots of veggies and some new pots, going to use some syns on some gravy mmmm!!! xxx

Is that home-made gravy?!! Knowing your 'cooking' abilities that might be taking your life in your hands..... :giggle:

I had fruit for lunch

lots of it and this afternoon the world fell out of my bottom :eek:!!

Hello welcome to both of you I have not been here long either I am on week 8 now. Munchkin do you have Celiac Disease I only ask as my 3 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with it.:)

World falling out your bottom .... made me laugh!! I'm just starting day 2 and had a similar experience this morning !!!! Sorry TMI!!! My poor bod hasn't got a clue what's going on - been constipated for the last 2 months on CD and atkins and now I have a feeling that will be a thing of the past :D

Hey Sonban - you are doing sooo well!! I'm not a fully fledged coeliac just have an intolerance to wheat/gluten (dairy & yeast). Basically if I eat too much of said food stuffs I'm a little ill (if you catch my drift!!!) I try to avoid anything that might upset me but that doesn't mean to say I don't have the odd slice of toast or ice cream LOL!!

You may well find the same goes for your little one - there is some theory that once you cut a food out for long enough your body is able to regain it's resistance and hence the food can be reintroduced??? I'm not sure whether that works if you actually have coeliacs disease. Might be worth doing a bit of research hun?! Not a very nice thing to have at any age, let alone as a littlie! At least there's an abundance of 'free from' foods now in the supermarkets - even if they are a little pricey. xx

p.s. really sorry for my long posts .... what's wrong with me!!!

seems better today lol! HOWEVER! I have had baked beans for lunch and am a touch on the windy side!! Evacuate!

World falling out your bottom .... made me laugh!! I'm just starting day 2 and had a similar experience this morning !!!! Sorry TMI!!! My poor bod hasn't got a clue what's going on - been constipated for the last 2 months on CD and atkins and now I have a feeling that will be a thing of the past :D

Hey Sonban - you are doing sooo well!! I'm not a fully fledged coeliac just have an intolerance to wheat/gluten (dairy & yeast). Basically if I eat too much of said food stuffs I'm a little ill (if you catch my drift!!!) I try to avoid anything that might upset me but that doesn't mean to say I don't have the odd slice of toast or ice cream LOL!!

You may well find the same goes for your little one - there is some theory that once you cut a food out for long enough your body is able to regain it's resistance and hence the food can be reintroduced??? I'm not sure whether that works if you actually have coeliacs disease. Might be worth doing a bit of research hun?! Not a very nice thing to have at any age, let alone as a littlie! At least there's an abundance of 'free from' foods now in the supermarkets - even if they are a little pricey. xx

p.s. really sorry for my long posts .... what's wrong with me!!!

Hiya , I have been told by ellies consultant , dietition and gp that celiac disease is for life. I am too scared to reintroduce any foods containing wheat, gluten, barley, rye and oats as I have seen what they can do to her. She has only just started putting weight on, a month ago she only weighed 20Lbs she is so tiny even my Keira my 2 year old towers over her:D. But at least now she is on her new diet she is like a different child now she is so much happier and gaining weight now. She gets her bread and bickys from the gp but the rest I have to get which is ok because she is eating a lot more fresh stuff now.

Awww bless her!! Great news that the GP is supplying bread & biscuits. Poor little darling - it's a rotten thing for anyone to deal with let alone a little tiddler.

At least you are seeing the difference now she's off the evil wheat & gluten stuffs. Best of luck with hun xx

Rergarding wheat intolerance have you checked out the gf pasta, I think it maybe free if you fancy doing some green. Andof course you have rice. I eat more rice and potato on green. Rice or potato with ratouille is lush (healthy option of cheese too). If you talk to your consultant they should be able to give you a list of alternative healthy extras to compensate for the ones that you can't have for bread, cereal and (i think) crispbread type stuff. Hope this helps.

Back