Hello! Second time around on SW, needing motivation!

raspberri74

Hi all,
I lost 2st 7lbs with SW last year, and stopped going because:
A) because I wasn't able to stay to the meetings and was getting fed up of spending £5 each week on just getting weighed, and
B) because I figured I'd only got a fairly small amount to lose so could do it myself.
A few months later and here I am, I'm so cross that I've put on 1st 3lbs since I last went :mad:. I totally let it slip, not thinking I'd put so much back on!
So here I am, ready to start again but myself. I'd really love to hear from those of you who are successfully sticking to it without going to group. Any tips or helpful hints would be very very welcome!
I want to lose 2st 5.5lbs to get to my target weight of 9st 7lbs. Thank you all in advance! X

Hi, I've lost without going to group, I did the same as you, lost 3st then left group and put most of it back on. But its slowly coming off now with the help of this site.

This place should help motivate you, if you fail, we'll al know! haha. £5 to get weighed, that's crazy, might start renting my weighing scales out to weightwatchers members, £3 bargain! lol

How's it going?
I hope you're all well and have had a good week!
I'm so chuffed - 5lbs loss in the first week. Can't believe it - I never had a loss like that even when attending SW class each week!
Some tips that have kept me motivated are going back to basics, I read all the SW manuals again and reminded myself what I could have as free foods, HExA and HExB. Just so it was totally clear in my mind. I kept a food diary, I have written down EVERYTHING I've eaten and not missed a thing. I've planned meals (hard for me as I'm naturally a bit disorganised!), I've stuck to my plan and I've been full and not craved naughty foods. I've been trying to go to bed a little earlier each night so I have more energy and am less likely to reach for the biscuit tin each day at work - this was always a major downfall for me...
So fingers crossed for another good loss next week!

Congrats on your big loss. I lost 2lb this week (which is good for me) and got my club 10 and 2.5st award, only 4 more until I'm in a new st bracket :) its def possible to do just as well without group.

Hi :) I stopped going for pretty much the same reasons as you after Christmas, but started up again last week. First weigh in is this week, so pretty nerve wracking haha! Well done on your loss so far :)

Hi all , I'm going back to SW this week as I've lost my way, would be glad of some support and motivation....what works for you ? Thanks x

Hi everyone! Hope you've had a brill week. I've lost another 1.5lbs - I'm dead pleased, although it feels like it should have been more, but I've been at the gym so I'm just telling myself I'm building muscle so that's what it is
Spalmon - go back to the beginning and read all the rules again, I wish I'd done that ages ago to be honest, it got things clear in my head again. I made loads of lists - my favourite meals, naughty treats I like etc. and worked out all syn values. The food diary I keep every day leaving out NOTHING has really really helped keep me on track. Also someone else gave me a good tip, if you want to repeat a previous decent loss in a week, you have your diary of what you did, so you can try and replicate that. Your food diary works like a future meal planner for the week too I suppose... I never did this first time round.

Another 3/4lb off - yippee! Been a bit naughty too - went to a friends birthday meal and pigged out, loads of wine, cake etc... And then the next day felt tired and grumpy so went way over syns by stuffing my face with loads of buttered toast and peanut butter (my fave). Needless to say I'm chuffed with a small loss. Hope you're all having a good week and doing well with the weight losses X

You're doing really well - I need to follow your example! I'm trying to do it from home cuz I can't afford to go to a class but it means I don't have any of the books so have to google syn values etc. My mom won't let me steal her books - she says she's starting it again 'tomorrow' lol.

You can do it! Have you ever been to a class before? Even going to a class when I first joined a couple of years ago it took me a good few weeks to get my head around it. I can't recommend keeping a food diary enough! It's helped me stay on track, I wish I'd done this first time around. I just put everything down in a big notebook and add little notes to it so when I look back it helps me to remember. I'm a very disorganised person by nature and it's taking some discipline for me to do this, but I'm so glad I am!
Get used to weighing and measuring your healthy extras, compile a syns list of your favourite foods that aren't free and just give it a whirl. I'm no expert but if I can answer any questions please let me know X

Maintain this week grrrr... Although it's to be expected. I went out on Saturday afternoon to meet friends and although I didn't drink any alcohol I had some naughty nibbles. Then Sunday was a write off, taking my daughter out with friends to a wildlife park and forgetting to take the healthy packed lunch I'd made So I went all out and had chips, ice cream, chocolate... Bad me! It was a gorgeous sunny day and we had fun though so I'm seeing it as a blip and got straight back on it. I'm trying some super speed chickpea and lentil soup this week (it's delicious and have had it before so I know I'll eat it all!) and upping my fruit and veg in order to try and boost my loss this week, fingers crossed it helps! Hope everyone's having a good week

Hi all! Hope you're all having some kind of success! I'm hammering it on the gym/exercise front so my losses aren't as good as if hoped for, but realistically it's better this way as the weight that is coming off more slowly will hopefully stay off for longer! That's my theory anyway At least my fat bum seems less flabby!
10.75lbs loss so far, I'm hoping for at least another 1/2 stone before my hols at the end of July. It's great motivation, and I honestly can't say I'm finding this too difficult, aside from the odd time when I've been tired/run down or craving naughty things like cake and biscuits. So fingers crossed I stick at it and don't lose sight of what I'm aiming for

Back