Hello, showing my face after lurking for a while!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Amyeve, 3 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Amyeve

Amyeve Mummy of 2!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hiya :wavey:

im switching to slimfast & calorie counting after a few disappointing months on slimming world. have been reading all your posts and very impressed with everyones losses!

im trying to work out how many cals i should have a day. slimfast suggests 1300 but i feel thats too many. myfitness pal says i should have minimum 1265 and that will be a 1lb loss, i really want to go for 2lb though:( it says i need 1000cals for 2lb losses, is that too little?

also, do you eat the cals you earn by doing exercise? for example, could i stick to a 1200c diet. then do a bit of exercise to bump the 200cals off and round it off to 1000cals?

sorry to bombard with questions in my first post:eek:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie Counting
    A woman needs at least 1200kcal a day just to function normally without any damage to organs etc. Eating less than that will play havoc on your metabolism.

Most people who calorie count eat around 1500kcal a day, coupled with exercise (which is the key, really). It helps to vary the amount you have each day - so maybe 1500 one day, 1250 the next, 1400 the day after that etc. - to keep your metabolism in check.

Basically, if you average around 1500kcal and exercise as often as you can (I usually aim for at least 3 times a week), you should lose 1-2lbs a week.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.