Here I go again on my own...

agee86

Hi everyone...

I've decided to give up the ghost with SW, it's just not working for me anymore.

I've decided that I'm moving over to calorie counting in the hope that I can shed some of this excess weight!

A pal of mine in the office goes to a bootcamp thingy every week, I think I'm going to join her. It's the same price as SW and this way, I'll actually be getting something for my money, rather than queuing up, getting weigh and going home. I may even do it twice a week, with a couple of days doing an exercise dvd at home too.

I'm so determined to get this weight shifted, I really really need to! I was on holiday last week and seeing all the girls in their bikinis whilst I was in my full on swimsuit made me so upset.

Bootcamp will start this Thursday but I started my calorie counting yesterday. I'm aiming for 1300 per day with maybe an extra 300 on bootcamp days.

Yesterday ended on 1236 and, all being well, I should end today on 1164 (but I might end up having a yogurt after dinner so will be more.

I aim to be 21lbs lighter by xmas - roughly 2lbs per week. Wish me luck!

Best of luck. You can do it!

Thank you Vorona!

Yesterday ended as planned, which I was pleased with.

Fired up my Jawbone fitness tracker last night, now I'll have an idea of how many calories burned in my at home workouts.

Started the new regime this morning. Stuck Davina Fit in 15 on... Good god! I almost died! Definitely very unfit!!! Felt good to do though.

Have planned all my eats for today and should be under again by the end of it but, I might need a cereal bar or something when I get home to tide me over until dinner so I'll keep the extras for that.

Feeling good and motivated. I know I said it about SW but I've recently, last year (although not for long) done CCing and it worked so I know I can do it this time. I'm still convinced I was over eating calorie wise on SW. I ate A LOT more than I have in the last two days and it's pretty much the same foods, so I must've been.

I'm determined to not be a yoyo dieter! I'm not going to do it and I'm not going to keep switching from one to the other... This one WILL work! I will MAKE IT WORK!

Hi Agee
I cc too. I believe in energy in/energy out. I always controlled my weight that way. Got into bad habits though so back at it.

Slimming World seems to suit some and not others. A friend went for 3 weeks and put ON 5 lbs! However my nephews wife who was seriously big lost stones and was unrecognisable at my dads funeral. I wondered who the willowy blonde was! She became a consultant for a while and still maintains.

I look at cc as forever. Good luck, I am sure you will do great! :)

Successful week so far. I've been under or bang on my calories every day. Had a day off of the home exercises as I was aching like mad. Crazy considering they're only 15 minute workouts! I think I'm going to do a couple of weeks of that before braving boot amp because apparently that REALLY hurts!

Had a sneaky weigh this morning and I've lost 2lb!!! Thats just since Tuesday so I'm well happy with that! Especially since, although my calories have been under, the food hasn't been strictly 'good'.

I think it just goes to show that, although the SW plan is good, my calorie in take was probably more than it should've been and, calories are what matters I suppose.

Thank you Solange! I long to be the unrecognisable family member due to weight loss! I can totally understand the weight gain too with SW, I had a friend like that. She was so strict with it but just could not shift the weight! CC is definitely a forever thing, and with MFP, there's really no need for it to be complicated!

Back