Hello SW peops!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Catt, 22 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Catt

Catt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.51%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi I am new to Slimming World. I have done WW in the past and also Lipotrim and Exante.

I really want to lose weight by eating healthily and in a way I can maintain.

I feel quite low at the moment fpr various reasons but mainly with being so big. I am really hoping that eating healthily will help pick me up.

I have about 8 stone I want to lose so have quite a long journey ahead.

I have joined online because I usually work quite late. I am hoping I can find time to make meals from scratch and am looking forward to my first day tomorrow.

Is there a shopping list of cupboard essentials which will help me get started?

Looking forward to sharing stories and getting to know you.

Catt :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kerry b

kerry b Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi Catt, welcome:)

If you do a search there will probably be a list of basic essentials to get you started. Read through all the info on here for newbies, that was a big help to me and i'm sure there will be something online to help you too. Which plan do you intend to follow? If EE I would suggest stocking up on lean (or extra lean for steak mince) meat, lots of fruit & veg (fresh or frozen) frylight is a must for me, eggs, some nice fatfree yougurt such as activia vanilla yogurt (be careful, some fat free yogurts have a syn value). Pasta is great, lots of people like couscous (can't stand it myself) and eggs are a must for me too.

Good luck with your weight loss, you have chosen a great plan if you want to lose weight while eating healthy satisfying meals

4. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi and welcome :)
    I really hope it will make you feel happier starting this plan. I felt so exhausted and miserable all the time before starting slimming world! Even putting a tray of chips in the oven felt like hard work! I have so much energy now just from eating healthily. And its soo nice to be on a ''diet'' and actually EAT sooo much food :) xx

5. debs291

debs291 Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.74%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Hi catt, welcome to sw! Good luck on your weight loss journey. If you have any questions, there is always somebody on this fab site to help you!

6. foodjunkie10

foodjunkie10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Who Knows!!
    Hello just wanted to say good luck and welcome :)

7. Scorpiolady2710

Scorpiolady2710 Loves smilies

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Catt and :welcome2:to SW,

I'm fairly new to SW myself...9 weeks ago I joined. The Extra Easy plan is what it says it is....extra easy and because it's very flexible, I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I doubt I ever ate this much food before but it's all good!! :D

There are loads of quick and easy recipes on here which I'm finding invaluable as I work long hours and don't want to be stood cooking a meal for hours when I get home.

I think Kerry b has mentioned the main stuff you need...and it's all healthy. For yogurts I use Muller Lights as most of them are syn free on SW.

Good luck on your journey....look forward to hearing updates from you. :)

8. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Hi Catt - welcome to Slimming World! You'll love the eating plan - no need to ever go hungry. If you need some advice or just a good natter give a shout out on here and one of us will be along to help. The three plans are a lot to take in at first but it soon becomes second nature - good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.