Hello there- advice and smiles much appreciated!

:wave_cry:
Hello
I am Izzie.
I have been overweight since 15 (I was quite thin before that). My highest weight was the begining of this year, when I was 15 stone and a bit. I have managed to lose 2 and a bit stone, I am now 13 stone 2, after a snarky remark from my doctor after I went to him for joint pain,
I haven't lost any weight since May, and I have been trying Slimming world using their sample menu from the website this week, and have already lost 2 pounds.
Would you guys recommend going to the group? I have found a friend willing to come with me, as I would be too scared to go alone, and I can't afford the £60 to join online.
Advice/encouragement appreciated!
I have really loved how full I have felt so far, and that I can still have my favourite cadburys crunchie bar!

Welcome Izzie:welcome2:

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

I would highly recommend going to class as you will get the SW books and the programme explained in detail and along with getting you out and mixing with other like minded people which will help build your confidence, it will also give you something to look forward to and help keep your focus getting weighed in every week and in time you might well find you make some very good new friends.

i would go to class too. i dont have enough willpower on my own. Class also gives you the extra support you need.
And access to the full syns on the net very useful.

I rejoined last might and have a long term as well as short term goals.

Hi Izzie,

Squidgepants - love it - he, he ;)

Anyway, welcome to the forum & many congrats on the loss so far.

I agree with Mini about going to class - at least to start with. You can stock up on the books & pick up many tips etc. However, some posters on this forum will probably testify that they've had less than a happy journey with a club. It's a shame because everyone there is there for the same reason so you'd think there'd be plenty of empathy. Anyway, I don't know what offers are on at the moment but I'd certainly be careful signing up for a specific number of classes until you are comfy with that particular group (you may not have much option if there's only 1 group in your area).

I used to go to class & enjoyed it on the whole. I'm a reasonably strong person so can stick to the plan without the need of the group weekly weigh-in.

I love the SW plans - they're real food menus & not just easy but filling & healthy too . You will find mannnnnnnnnnny delish recipes on this site - they're a really imaginative & supportive gang so have a really good squizz at the menu threads and of course, get posting any of your own ideas too.

Hi there, I'd reccomend going to class too - I really miss it now I've moved to a new area and there isn't one close enough at the right time, it really helped me to stay focused :)

Everyone is there to support you and you can pick up some great ideas from other members too...it's natural to be nervous before your first meeting, but there's no need to be!

Good luck x

Wow what an amazing response, thanks for being so friendly!
I am a vegetarian so was sceptical because most diet plans seem to assume us veggies eat nothing but strange beans and nuts. Slimming World had me surprised. I have had slimming world chips this evening and was pleasantly surprised with the result. I've had a bottle of Fry Light languishing in my cupboard for ages, so I'm glad to get good use of it finally.
There are loads of groups in my area, so I guess I could always switch to another if needed. I think I want to go to a group because it feels a bit patchy at the moment with my limited supply of info.

Welcome Izzie!

I've been going to slimming world on and off since April and have proved to myself, I need the group. I need it for motivation, inspiration, encouragement, ideas and it's also lovely meeting new people. I'd definitely recommend it, you've got nothing to lose by giving it a go.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Emma xxx

well done on your losses so far. I agree with the others, class will give you lots of support, advice and sn opportunity to meet new people

Back