Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sonya73, 2 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    Well, last summer I weighed 17st... then in August I split up from my partner. I have lost just over three stone, from a combination of cooking less (no motivation to cook for myself), stress (often not felt like eating too much) and making an effort to keep it up when I realised I was losing weight.
    I am now 13st 12 lbs, and want to get down to about 10st10, to 11 stone. I'm about 5ft 7, but have a large frame, and felt my best when at this weight in my early 20s.
    Now I need to find the motivation to carry on, and also to try and eat more healthily... I know that I haven't always been doing that over the last few months.
    This forum seems like a supportive and inspirational community, and I hope I can continue to lose weight, whilst regaining some sort of normality in my eating patterns - I need to find the motivation to cook for one! I find eating alone rather depressing to be honest, and really enjoy cooking for other people - so I tend to eat best when I have visitors, or go out to eat.
    I lost a few stone about five years ago, when I had gallstones, and avoided anything over 5% fat, and I'm wondering whether thats what I should do again now...
    Any thoughts appreciated!
    Sonya

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    hey hun :) your in the right place the people here are so lovely and supportive and if u have any questions just ask..everyone helps each other..it sounds like you've had a rough time of it but you've lost loads of weight already so well done!! i lost lots of weight about 5 yrs ago i had gallstones too but also acute pancreatitis which almost killed me...but i put the weight back on again :(
    good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey xxxxxxxx

Mini likes this.
  4. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    thanks, yes, I got acute pancreatitis too - it wasn't until that point that the gallstones were diagnosed... it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life! Still, the pain served as a very good motivation to stay away from the cheese and butter....

Yeah, it's been a tough few months, but onwards and upwards, hey?

thanks for your kind words, it really is appreciated!

5. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    oh my god the worst pain ever..apparently its one of the most traumatic things u can go through i agree..ill never foget it as long as i live..i was in agony for months before they even diagnosed me.. i was the same couldnt eat any fats i lost so much weight but i was so sick i didnt care!! im glad your ok now :) xxxx

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the pounds. And congratulations you are doing very well

Irene xx

7. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi hun welcome to minimins i am following s/w but one of my friends is following rosemary conley very succesfully i don't know much about her plan but know she has to keep the fats low but what ever plan u choose good luck with it :)

8. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    thanks for your kind messages - i need to get motivated again, I seem to have stuck this week!

9. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    lost another couple of lbs... not far to go till I am only overweight, not obese!!

10. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi hun well done on ur loss hope u have a good week ;)

11. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    thanks valerie - only just spotted your message! :)

12. Elz0301

Elz0301 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.14%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I am following Rosemary conley, well I use her recipes largely. I was 14st 2 and now 12st 6. I want to be around 11st too as 5ft7. I think whatever u follow u gotta make a lifetime commitment to follow and that's where I always seem to go wrong!! Well done so far you're doing fantastically x

13. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    thankyou - you are doing fab too!

Ive just updated my profile numbers - I have lost that 2lbs, and now my BMI is under 30!!! For the first time in about 13 or 14 years I think!

Good luck on reaching the 11 stone mark - you are certainly well on your way!

Last time I was 11 stone I was in my late teens I think - and whilst I've never been skinny, I was comfortable with myself at that weight.

I agree, it's changing habits long term that matter... but at the moment I am going through a lot of change in my life, and trying to make a new start on lots of fronts, so I am hoping that will make it easier in a way... I am now single, and I feel altogether more in charge of my own destiny (well, as much as we ever can be, I know so much is beyond our control in reality!).

Lots of things are uncertain for me at the moment, and it can be disconcerting, but I also feel that I have more freedom, and more choices... and it's down to me how I use that freedom - I am really trying to change myself, and to reflect on mistakes I have made in life, and to move forwards with as much positivity as I can, and losing weight is all part and parcel of that.

14. Elz0301

Elz0301 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.14%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Thats amazing well done. It's a long hard road losing weight I'm struggling but hoping if I do a week back on fat attack fortnight then that might kickstart me again. Keep up the good work xxx

15. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    thanks, what is fat attack fortnight?

16. Elz0301

Elz0301 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.14%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    On Rosemary conleys amazing inch loss plan it's 1200 cals per day for fortnight she sets out how many for each meal and snacks and no alcohol too x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.