Hello there!

Sonya73

Well, last summer I weighed 17st... then in August I split up from my partner. I have lost just over three stone, from a combination of cooking less (no motivation to cook for myself), stress (often not felt like eating too much) and making an effort to keep it up when I realised I was losing weight.
I am now 13st 12 lbs, and want to get down to about 10st10, to 11 stone. I'm about 5ft 7, but have a large frame, and felt my best when at this weight in my early 20s.
Now I need to find the motivation to carry on, and also to try and eat more healthily... I know that I haven't always been doing that over the last few months.
This forum seems like a supportive and inspirational community, and I hope I can continue to lose weight, whilst regaining some sort of normality in my eating patterns - I need to find the motivation to cook for one! I find eating alone rather depressing to be honest, and really enjoy cooking for other people - so I tend to eat best when I have visitors, or go out to eat.
I lost a few stone about five years ago, when I had gallstones, and avoided anything over 5% fat, and I'm wondering whether thats what I should do again now...
Any thoughts appreciated!
Sonya

hey hun :) your in the right place the people here are so lovely and supportive and if u have any questions just ask..everyone helps each other..it sounds like you've had a rough time of it but you've lost loads of weight already so well done!! i lost lots of weight about 5 yrs ago i had gallstones too but also acute pancreatitis which almost killed me...but i put the weight back on again :(
good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey xxxxxxxx

thanks, yes, I got acute pancreatitis too - it wasn't until that point that the gallstones were diagnosed... it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life! Still, the pain served as a very good motivation to stay away from the cheese and butter....

Yeah, it's been a tough few months, but onwards and upwards, hey?

thanks for your kind words, it really is appreciated!

thanks, yes, I got acute pancreatitis too - it wasn't until that point that the gallstones were diagnosed... it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life! Still, the pain served as a very good motivation to stay away from the cheese and butter....

Yeah, it's been a tough few months, but onwards and upwards, hey?

thanks for your kind words, it really is appreciated!

oh my god the worst pain ever..apparently its one of the most traumatic things u can go through i agree..ill never foget it as long as i live..i was in agony for months before they even diagnosed me.. i was the same couldnt eat any fats i lost so much weight but i was so sick i didnt care!! im glad your ok now :) xxxx

hi hun welcome to minimins i am following s/w but one of my friends is following rosemary conley very succesfully i don't know much about her plan but know she has to keep the fats low but what ever plan u choose good luck with it :)

I am following Rosemary conley, well I use her recipes largely. I was 14st 2 and now 12st 6. I want to be around 11st too as 5ft7. I think whatever u follow u gotta make a lifetime commitment to follow and that's where I always seem to go wrong!! Well done so far you're doing fantastically x

thankyou - you are doing fab too!

Ive just updated my profile numbers - I have lost that 2lbs, and now my BMI is under 30!!! For the first time in about 13 or 14 years I think!

Good luck on reaching the 11 stone mark - you are certainly well on your way!

Last time I was 11 stone I was in my late teens I think - and whilst I've never been skinny, I was comfortable with myself at that weight.

I agree, it's changing habits long term that matter... but at the moment I am going through a lot of change in my life, and trying to make a new start on lots of fronts, so I am hoping that will make it easier in a way... I am now single, and I feel altogether more in charge of my own destiny (well, as much as we ever can be, I know so much is beyond our control in reality!).

Lots of things are uncertain for me at the moment, and it can be disconcerting, but I also feel that I have more freedom, and more choices... and it's down to me how I use that freedom - I am really trying to change myself, and to reflect on mistakes I have made in life, and to move forwards with as much positivity as I can, and losing weight is all part and parcel of that.

Thats amazing well done. It's a long hard road losing weight I'm struggling but hoping if I do a week back on fat attack fortnight then that might kickstart me again. Keep up the good work xxx

On Rosemary conleys amazing inch loss plan it's 1200 cals per day for fortnight she sets out how many for each meal and snacks and no alcohol too x

Back