Hello, yet another Newbie!

OzzieMoz

Keep on Truckin'
Hello!

I have no idea who pointed me in the direction of this site, but I'm very glad they did! I've been lurking quietly as a non member for the last couple of weeks, but decided today that it seems a friendly welcoming and supportive site and I believe will be a real help to me, and in turn hopefully I'll be able to support others on their merry journey down the weight slide!

I'm in my mid 40s (omg that made me feel old :eek: ) and have been on various diets over the years... Scarsdale, Cambridge, F-Plan (oh dear!), Weightwatchers and Slimming World, all have worked for me, but after a couple of years or so, it always starts to creep back on again.

I'm now the heaviest I ever have been! I put this down to a strange mixture of contentment and boredom! I recently emigrated to Australia and remarried and I'm currently not working, which has led to me having too much time for snacking more than is good for me which has meant that over the last couple of years I've piled on 40 pounds or so :eek: - it sounds dreadful when I put it like that! The pies are very nice here though!

I've decided to go back on the Slimming World plan as that is the one that suited me best in the past, I found it quite easy to stick to and I just consider it healthy eating rather than a diet.

I'm determined to get this weight off, my husband is totally supportive bless him, he has never once commented on the fact that I have piled on the poundage and says it's up to me what I do, but he supports me either way.

Having to do this weight loss thing by internet as there are no Slimming World classes here in Australia so I'm hoping that other members here will help me out. No-one else here understands me when I babble on about Green Days and Red Days never mind Extra Easy, I think they just think when I have an EE day that I'm just being particularly lazy :D

Anyway, that's about it for now .... I'm still finding my way round the site, so I think I'll probably tootle off and try to find the specific Slimming World threads again and introduce myself there..... just wanted my first post over and done with!!

Good luck to everyone else that's just starting out too!!

P.S. You can see what I mean about wittering now, can't you :p

Hi and welcome. Hope to see you over in the SW section. And just ask there's always plenty of members about to help you

Good luck
Irene xx

Hi and welcome. Hope to see you over in the SW section. And just ask there's always plenty of members about to help you

Good luck
Irene xx

Thanks for the welcome! :D

Just waking up here and getting my daughter ready for school. She's having a trip down memory lane watching CBeebies channel which has only just become available in Australia. Although she is only 7 now, she has happy memories of it when she was a tot in England!

I'll be back in a couple of hours to do my inaugural post in the SW section! I'm feeling all fired up and enthused!

Back