Hello

Aoife

Silver Member
Hello,

I've lost alot of weight on a total food replacement diet, however the weight is slowly creeping back on.

I don't want to go back to the total food replacement diet again, as it's not the way forward in dealing with my obviously overeating and bad food choices.

So I thought to go the calorie counting route. I'm hoping to stick to 1500 kcals (food in - less exercise). Really don't want to go below 1200 kcals, as my body really needs to recover from the no food diet before.

Anyway I'm hoping to put my food diary down here each day, and hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow.

I have been shyly reading through your posts and you sounds like a really nice bunch of people.

Don't know what else to say at the mo.

Hopefully will post my food diary tomorrow.

Bye for now.

Hi Aoife!!! I'm lurking in here too! I cc-ed before LT and am returning to it to maintain as well. I have to sit down and figure out if I want to maintain for a while, or try to lose the rest of this weight before Christmas?
Have you re-gained much? My weight yo-yo's 2-3lbs either side of my finishing weight, but thats pretty normal (depending on fluid intake, totm, foods eaten etc.) so I'm okay with that?
I think I'll try to maintain this weight for a month or so (to get 'used' to eating again) then cut down/exercise to try to lose the last bit? Still undecided though...

Hiya,
I've put about 21 lbs back on. But sure c'est la vie. I don't want to go down the TFR again, and the my hair really thinned out afterwards, and is only now thicking back up again. I was doing really well with only a stone on and held it there for 2 mths, but the last few weeks the lbs are creeping back on again.
I used to be with WW before this for many years. But I think CC is the way to go.

You are doing brilliantly, and an inspiration keeping within 3lbs of your Lipo end weight. I think the 12 st mark is my point of getting up and doing something about it.

'Diets' like WW or SW didn't work for me because i found ways around the rules- like I'd save up my points during the week for a night on the drink, or just eat cr*p food within my point range? I needed to educate myself on the 'right' foods to eat so I wouldn't get cravings or binge on rubbish. I used an online log that showed my carb/fat/protein intake so I could try to keep my fat/carbs down and my protein pretty high (to keep me full & keep my muscle 'safe'?).
I'm no angel though, I still have 'rubbish' days, but try to balance it all out rather than say "Sod it, I might as well eat X because I've already eaten Y and Z" LOL!
We'll see if it works?

I know what ye mean about the WW or SW etc. It's funny we get the rules, and then we try and figure ways around them or try to cheat the scales. I think with the calorie counting is you have your quota and then that's it. I'm also trying to pick the healthy options over the low calories rubbish options. i.e. crisps. I know with WW the low fat versions were very high in sugar which would in turn set a sugar craving / binge with me, I actually ended up overall putting more weight on than I took off.

I've got a gi rated / calorie counting book which I'm planning to use and made up a spreadsheet on my computer which will add up the calories for me etc.

Fingers crossed (at least it would make snacking difficult) it works. Hoping to get at least 7lbs off by crimbo. But happy if the scales go downward rather than upwards for now.

I've been reading up on low-gi too and it makes a lot of sense- the forum on here is a bit dead though! LOL!
I'd like another 7lbs or so off by Christmas, but I'll not panic too much if it doesn't happen? I'd be happy to be still this weight after the holidays!:eatdrink023::party0016::fingerscrossed::p

Hello! And welcome to CCing. I didn't do very well with WW either, and finding CCing much better!
I agree too - I need to make better choices about what I eat.

Fingers crossed (at least it would make snacking difficult)

LOL! Not if you put Hula Hoops on them first...

Good luck with switching to CC, it sounds like your head is in the right place. I've made myself a geeky spreadsheet too - bet mine is sadder than yours. :D It does help, though.

*waves hello*

Welcome Aoife.

LOL! Not if you put Hula Hoops on them first...

Good luck with switching to CC, it sounds like your head is in the right place. I've made myself a geeky spreadsheet too - bet mine is sadder than yours. :D It does help, though.

Like your style. Gave a me a chuckle.
Thanks

CC Geeks united!!! LOL!

Back