hello!

mondayclubber

Hi girl's,
would you all mind if i join you? Im a pcos sufferer as well. diagnosed at 22..that was way back in 1994...got the excess hair, and overweight. been lucky to have two gorgeous kids.Shannon and Finlay.Shannon concieved natural, and needed Clomid, to concieve my son.had merena Coil fitted after i had him, as my familly is now complete. Ive got 4 stone to lose.started a healthy eating and exercise plan (mainly on the Wii which i love!), on tuesday and enjoying it so far.Anyway, would like to share in the war against the flab, and anything else that we need to chat about..
Linda xx

Hi Linda, Welcome to the forums!
I'm also a pcos sufferer with a bit of weight to lose :eek:) hopefully not for long! Found this forum fantastic for motivation when i was last dieting, and im back again for another stab at 'fight the flab'! I was diagnosed at 17yrs - now 22. No kids yet unfortunately. Have you decided how your going to lose the weight yet? xx

Are you weighing in each week on the wii? I read somewhere it can be a bit unreliable getting the correct weight - not sure though! I was diagnosed at 15 (!), 3 years on have started calorie counting and lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I started with 4 stone to lose too! Are you calorie counting along with the healthy eating? If you are there are lots of free calorie diary websites on google which are great for keeping track .... Good Luck! :) xx

Hey ladies,

I also have pcos, and really need to get back into losing weight i ve got about 6 stone to lose :(

Im still trying to find the best way to do this as exercising isnt always that easy for me.

Hopefully we will get there together good luck to all xxx

hi ladies

just thought i would say hi. i have pcos, but only had it confirmed last week. been a nightmare trying to get diagnosed. thought i had it when i was 19 and tried to get doc to believe me, but was fobbed off. i went back several times to doc to try and get sorted, but was met with unsympathic responses such as 'lose weight and exercise and it will get better' .. no tests or help or anything. really put me off ever going to the docs again for it.

but end of november, i managed to push to get seen and get sent for blood tests etc, and finally 2 weeks ago, after a 2 month wait, i had a scan which confirmed what i always knew.. i have pcos. felt a relief if anything...not sure what docs are going to suggest as they havent rec'd the scan pics yet.. seems like everyone is dragging their heels with it all!

so i have taken the decision to go on CD. i did it back in july 2008, and lost some weight, but now im giving it my all. i realise that other diets like weight watchers, may not necessarily work well.
i like low GI which i know is good for pcos, however my current weight is dangerous to my health now. i can feel it.. so just want to get some off quickly to get me out of danger zone, and then lose the last bit, using low GI and exercise.

anyway i have rambled on enough, but its nice to see other people who have it, have managed to have kids, and control their weight. inspirations! xxx

Hi All
Like you I also have PCOS. Was diagnosed at 18/19, whilst at uni. Am now 33 and have 2 gorgeous kids, a boy (3) and a girl (6). Family is complete. I had trouble conceiving them both, clomid worked for me eventually! Had terrible pregnancies, especially with my daughter where I suffered from hyperemisis (sever morning sickness) I was sick all day and all night for most of the 9months! I was gutted as lost loads of weight and being pregnant is the only time you allowed to be fat! Typically though, as soon as my daughter was born I put it all back on again!

Anyway, am now doing Go Lower, which is working for me. Over a stone lost in the first month!

Just to say, having PCOS is not the end of the world. You can still have kids, it's difficult, but don't give up and be positive. Obviously lossing weight will help, but for me getting on with everyday life was the best thing to do. Now my family is complete, I'm ready to loose weight for me..no-one else. It makes all the difference.

Good luck to one and all and we're all here to help.
xx

Hi all.not been online recently so i apologise for the lack of reply's! :sigh:..Its so dam hard to lose weight isnt it? i was very motivated to lose weight and was on the wii every second day, but the past couple of weeks, i have been very bad, and have eaten crap, and done no exercise!!:copon:..Im going to benidorm with my best mate on friday, and i think ive just been in holiday mode! will be very good and back on track when i get back though. want to lose a bit before i go on our familly holiday in July.
velvetrose: i eat healthy but dont count calories.ive been on countless diets, and now know what to eat to lose weight, (even though i dont often follow my own advice)!, so just exercise and eat a balanced diet . My pcos symptoms are all coming back because ive put on weight over the last year, so i need to get back to normal to feel less like a hairy fatty...lol. hope youre all doing well.
Linda xx

Hiya. PCOS is horrible isn't it? Makes you feel v. unfeminine.:( I'm booked in for laser consultation and treatment on 31 march. My GP doesn't recognise it as my blood tests are 'normal' but gynae say I have the symptoms but there 'is no point doing a scan cos you may not have cysts'. *rolls eyes* Cant wait for laser, woohoo!

Hi Ladies

I have it too! :(
Sure makes the weight loss harder! I have been trying to lose weight since oct 09 and have lost 1st & 5lbs and still need to lose another 3 stones :(. I need to lose enough for a good chance to concieve as i have been trying for a baby for 12yrs (and had 1 ectopic and 5 miscarriages).
I have had 5 treatments of laser on my face (coz it's hairy) which have helped alot and still have 4 more to go! :sigh:. Laser hair removel is good though.
I work out on the wii fit and try to go for a good & fast walk when ever i can.
I just hope more weight loss can help my periods regulate as i have a period every 6-7 weeks at the moment.

Oh well that's enough! It's good to see other pcos suffers have children and gives me hope too, of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck to all with your weight losses! :)

Hi Ladies
Im new to this website, I too have a shed load to lose and I also suffer with PCOS and found out when I was 21, however out of the blue 2 years ago when i was 33 I found out I was 5 months pregnant (and getting married in 4 months ) I was over the moon as I didnt think I would get pregnant, although I hadnt gone down the medication road, so I know has a happy and healthy 19month old, I would like to see if I was lucky enough to fall pregnant again, but this time I want to lose a lot of weight and feel better myself, so there is hope for anyone that suffers with PCOS xxx

Hi Ladies
Im new to this website, I too have a shed load to lose and I also suffer with PCOS and found out when I was 21, however out of the blue 2 years ago when i was 33 I found out I was 5 months pregnant (and getting married in 4 months ) I was over the moon as I didnt think I would get pregnant, although I hadnt gone down the medication road, so I know has a happy and healthy 19month old, I would like to see if I was lucky enough to fall pregnant again, but this time I want to lose a lot of weight and feel better myself, so there is hope for anyone that suffers with PCOS xxx

Aww, that's beautiful.:D

Hi Ladies

That is really good!
I am gonna be 33 next month so i hope i fall pregnant too :D. Well i can hope anyway!

Good luck, hope things work out just how you would like em to! ;)

Hi all
Its great to read all your stories. We've all got our own version of the same story - so for those without kids- there is always hope..don't give up.

Although I do need to add, and please don't take this the wrong way..I'm very lucky to have 2 beautiful kids, a girl 6 and a boy 3...however, after I had my daughter, life was very complicated and trying to have another baby and the emotional rollercoaster that you go through is very difficult. We were desperate to have more kids, but in the end decided we were lucky to have 1...we were even booked in to have IVF as clomid wasn't working 2nd time round, but cancelled as the emotions were just too high and we didn't want to 'neglect' our daughter...all we concentrated on was trying to get pregnant - it took over our lives. Anyway, once we made the decision 1 child was enough, we relaxed and began to enjoy life. I was going to go back to work when our daughter was in school, we'd have a bit more money, we were thinking positive. Then I was about to join a gym for the ..???...time and thought I'd better do a test just to make sure and low and behold I was pregnant with our son and there was no clomid or IVF in sight! A lot less stress is soo helpful. But what I'm trying to say, as much as I love my kids and am sooo pleased we went through what we did to have them, its not the end of the world if you can't. We were letting trying to conceive rule our lives, (and that was before our daughter as well) and forgot to live and be grateful for what we did have! So basically enjoy life, try to loose weight because we all know how it can help...but just enjoy what we have....

Sorry that went on a bit, but we got to the point that the only conversation we had with anyone and each other was trying to conceive etc etc and there is more to life than having just that conversation on hourly basis!

Good luck and this forum is good for letting out your aggression, emotions and anything else..

xx

Back