Hello

Mayfly

Hello all

Firstly, I have not yet been diagnosed with PCOS! The issue I have is that I believe I developed it when I hit puberty but my weight gain was put down to my being greedy and lazy. I spent many, may years being overweight and evenutally developed type 2 diabetes. I am extremely insulin resistant. I had thought that I might have PCOS, but couldn'y find any defnite reason to think so until about two months ago when I caught sight of some photos of people's skin and they said that the discolouration was due to PCOS. They EXACTLY match patches on my thighs I had a few years ago. I put them down to the fact that my thighs used to rub together and thought people would just tell me they were because I was fat, so I didn;t seek any guidance on them.

I am now treating my diet through low carbing and am finally seeing some weight loss. The patches have vanished, and I am effectively recieving the same treatment I would have got for PCOS anyway, as I am on Metformin.

However, I am not receiving any treatment for the appalling, terrible depression I get once a month. I was treated some time back (story in itself), but I would be interested to hear how other people cope with it, particularly in terms of being at work.

Just realised I probably should have put this in a different forum! I googled "PCOS, Forum support" and it came back with this site, so I thought everyone here was a PCOS sufferer!

Last edited:
Back