Hello!

syanna

I am Anna, 27 years old and from Leeds. I have been married for nearly 6 years to Simon and we are desperate to start a family.

3 years ago we did 2 IVF cycles that were both unsuccesful, the hospital suggested that I tried to loose weight and get my BMI down before trying again.
I suffer with PCOS so loosing the weight is hard. Anywhoo, in the past 2 years I have managed to put more weight on.

I have been a member of WW, SW and RC all of which i do well at for the first few weeks then i seam to put it back on a 1lb a week.

I need to try and get my BMI down to at least 25 before I attempt the IVF again and ideally I would like this to be sometime in 2010.

I have been reading your posts and noticed that alot of you have been on Clomid while TTC yet this was never given to me as an option. Is this something that the GP prescribes or something that would come from the fertility hospital?

I have been prescribed xenical from my GP to help with the weight loss so fingers x'ed it works.

I have no experience with fertility treatment or anything, but I would just like to say Good luck with everything. It is hard to lose weight with PCOS, but I think when we get to our goals, its makes them even more special due to the amount of work we've had to put in to losing it xx

Back