Hello!

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new here, and you seem to be the site for me! You all seem very friendly and encouraging and unafraid to give a necessary boot up the bum when needed!

So, after trying Weight Watchers for two weeks and tracking every last morsel that passed my lips, here I find myself, £30 lighter (online option) and 1lb heavier than before I started (!), I've swapped to Slimming World. Again, doing the online option, but quite excited that I can eat and lose weight!

I'm a veggie, so the idea of unlimited pasta, rice, eggs, quorn and potatoes really appeals to me - seeing as (i) they're my staples and (ii) I had to count them on the other diet! Started yesterday, and so far so good! Am not feeling hungry, and seem to be able to stick to the plan quite easily (which is confusing my head, as I think I should be feeling hungry and struggling in order to lose weight)!

My aim is to try to lose 3 stone by January 2012 - my 30th Birthday! I'm aiming to weigh what I weighed for my 21st.

I'm blaming my hubby for my weight gain! He's an ex-chef and cooks the most amazing food! So, have told him oil is banned unless it's fry-light! And also that I'm comfortable and happy in the relationship, so I've let myself go - oops (only to the latter bit - I like being happy)!

Hope you're all achieving what you want, and hopefully I'll be chatting to you on here!

Hello!
Welcome to SW,glad to hear you are enjoying yourself
In my office there are 4 other people doing WW and I am like the odd one out on SW but all I hear all day is 'how many points in this, how many points in that??'
And I just sit there quietly munching on free foods quietly haha!;)
Love it
Good luck on your first weigh in hope you get good results (im sure you will)

Claire xx

Welcome! I'm new too although I have done SW before. I'm a veggie and like u I live on pasta, quorn and rice along with potatoes so it isn't a massive change for me. It limits how much cheese I eat and stops me eating bread altogether! (not keen on wholemeal but love white bread!) It also makes me eat more fruit and veg. I also like the flexibility so I'll make sure I save syns I I've got a big night planned! It worked for me 12 yrs ago so I'm hoping it will work for me this time! (I too got happy and content!)

Good luck with ur opening week. X

Hi and welcome
Im also new, been doing SW for just over a week now. I lost 5lb in my first week but feeling so fat and bloated this week so not looking forward to weighing myself on Saturday.
Good luck with your weight loss :)

Back