Hello

*Tia*

Silver Member
Hello everyone!
Well I'm back I did LL back in 2008 and lost 4 stone in 4 months it then got to
Xmas and I went to pot! I also got made redundant and money became a big issue! Anyway......... Here I am again!
Just went today to see the doctor and get health form signed (£40.... Ouch) and now I'm ready to go!
I have a big party on sept 10th so I'm delaying start as I wanna be able to start 100% and tbh not have to deal with a party in my 1st week as I want do this 100% I've told everyone this is the last time I ever wanna diet and this year I will be 100% abstinent at Xmas! I got weighed
Today and am a massive 302lb :( so I got a massive 10stone I wanna loose!!! Omg!!!!! Here's to 12th sept!!! :)

Hi Tia

I know the feeling well - i went to pot in 2009 after losing 3 stone in 3 months, but then money was tight and i went abroad and, like you, here i am again!!

I have my sign-off form on Friday, will have my first meeting on Thursday 8th, so will start day 1 on 9th. Really looking forward to it, and can't wait to get started and watch the weight drop off.

I am now at the heaviest i've been and can feel it in my back, and my joints, and even simple things like running upstairs is tricky, so i'd like to lose about 106lb, but would be "healthy" if i lost 80lb.

Tho my OH has said he'll pay for a family photoshoot if i get down to 9 stone, so we'll see!!!!

I really do wish you well on your journey, and can't wait for our first weigh ins!!!

Good luck!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Meks!!

Pleased to meet another fellow returner!! I think my heads in a far better place than it was the first time around, and i have more faith in it as i know that it works!! I'm also doubly determined, as have a great support network and want them to see i made the right choice for me!!

Well done in your loss so far - you're doing great!!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there
good luck!
daisy x

Hi Marie!!! To be honest, my ticker is my first "goal" Ideally i think i need to lose about 106lb, but either way - i'm here for the duration, for sure!!!

Just had my nurse sign off my form, but wasn't till i got home and checked that she didn't do my BP. It's normally "normal" so do you think my LLC will be ok doing it? Or should i go back? Think i'll have to ring her for clarification!!!

Do either of you have a diary/blog i can read at all?! I always find them so inspirational and a great motivation!! x

hello! I am going for my 1st meeting next tuesday (13th) so ill be on my first day on the 14th!
I wanna loose about 150lb! *GULP*
do either of you know much about the group side of it?! as when i did it back in 2008 I had to wait for like 8 people until we could start all together and went through the whole process together. However my LLC said that in the group next week will be newbies and returners. Hows that gonna work? do they still do the 1 hour councelling bit?! I wanted to ask LLc but didnt want to look silly!

Tia

When i did it in 2009, i was lucky as there was a group of newbies starting at the same time, so we all did it together. I started within a week of my initial consultation/visit. I think for returners, they can combine you with the newbies, as they'll still do the counselling part to go through where you may have stumbled and why you're returning.

The CBT/counselling will still be offered to all, and you should still have your hours group meeting. I know in some places they do the returners in a separate class, but if there's only 1 or 2 it would make sense to add them into the newbies session.

Fire a quick email to your LLC if you're concerned, it's better to be prepared!! Plus, it may be different for each LLC!!! And you won't look silly, i assure you, you'll look like you're doing your research and are dedicated to doing what's best for you!!!! xxx

Hi Jodie,
I think you'll need to go back and get your blood pressure doen as that is what they seem to want. I have a diary on lighterlifecommunity.co.uk under Starfish. (Starfish was already taken on here!) I've not updated it for a while but the site is fab and I tend to post more on there as it's a lot smaller than this one and you can get to know people better. Not long til you start now. It will be great to feel lighter, I feel so much better already! Look forward to going into this weight loss journey with you. Good luck.xx

Thanks Marie!!

I'm sure i was on the LL forum way back when, but not sure i still have access!! Will find out thursday!!!
Will also go for a BP check tomorrow or Wednesday!! Thanks hon! xxxxxx

Thanks for all you info! Well I go tues night....so not long now till I find out!
I just wanna start now.......

Hope you're doing ok hon?! I know the first 3 days for me were a bit pants!! I was feeling awful and in such a mood for a lot of it - although i think that's mostly because i had a cold as well!!!

Glad to hear you're doing alright though! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back