hello!

Hi, thought I'd come and say hello! My name is Nicky, I am fifty-something with four grown up kids, and have been battling my weight for all of my adult life. I am currently just under 16 stone and a size 18/20. Over the years I have been everything from a size 12 to a 28 and all stops in between! I have done almost every diet at least once, including SW,WW and Cambridge. With Cambridge I lost 5 stone and got to my goal weight but following a personal tragedy (lost my hubby in a motorbike accident four years ago) put nearly four stone back on. Cambridge really suited me and I found it quite easy, however my life at that time was very different; my hubby worked shifts and I was on my own a lot and found it easy to just have a shake or a bar. I am now in another relationship with a lovely man-I never thought I would be happy and find love again- and we are getting married in November! I have a much more active social life now, plus I cook for a man who's a butcher with a huge appetite who's built like a stick insect, and would find it hard to do a full on VLCD again. I find SW the easiest of the other plans to follow but seem to get slow losses although I follow it to the letter, and get demoralised.

I've been looking at the 2 day fast diet, I saw the TV programme about it and the science made perfect sense, however I don't think I can be bothered calorie counting etc. So what I have decided to do is experiment! I've bought some packs of slim & save VLCD which I plan to do two days a week, and to follow the SW plan at home for the other 5. From the 2 day fast diet point of view it makes sense-I'll be having 500 cals a day, and eating sensibly the other 5. Plus it will fit in well with my life socially. I don't know how it'll go but it's worth a try, I want to get 5 stone off before my wedding, I've tried everything else so here goes!

Hi

Good luck and I look forward to your updated posts in the future. I am a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic with hypertension to boot!
I am on Cambridge since Sunday and lost 7lbs already! After I have achieved my goal weight, I plan on going on the 5:2 diet, following your way of doing it.
So simply put, Cambridge for 2 days (non-alternative) and WW for the rest (will full points for my goal weight).
dr Mike Mosley definitely made a good case for it!

Take care, x

hi hunny bum its lovely you have found love again and congrats on your forthcoming marriage i wish you all the luck in the world with your deit and hope you have a great journey xxx

Hi Chezz & minie40,
thanks for your lovely replies. I thought I might come in for some stick mixing and matching the diets but I have researched it and can't see any reason not to-anyway, I've tried and failed every other time so I've got nothing to lose..except weight hopefully!:)

Minnie well done on your loss so far, Cambridge is amazing in that respect isn't it! I found it quite easy and seemed to get into ketosis really easily. The fast weightlosses do really motivate you to carry on. I did a fast day yesterday and found it ok, I always struggle mid afternoon but had lots of black coffee. Doing SW today and seem to be less hungry than usual which is good. 35 weeks on Saturday to the wedding, 2lb a week would give me the 5st loss but really want to lose a decent chunk of that sooner as I need to look for a dress a few months before.

hello and welcome to the forum, good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Hi honeybun55, and welcome to the forum

Back