Hello!

kimi31

Hello to all you lovely minimin-ers!

I have restarted SW after a looooong break including two surgeries and a lot of stress.
I managed to lose a stone at the back end of last year by myself but promptly put it on again following my last surgery in March!!

I remember how invaluable this page was last time i was on SW so here i am again!

My consultant has asked me to try EE for 4 weeks to see how my weight loss goes, as i was doing red/green before

My ultimate goal is a holiday Christmas 2015 when i hopefully will be going to Oz to see my sister!
Although i may be going to FLorida in the summer to take the kids to see their dad! So need to look like a hot ex wife! Just so he can see what he's lost ;)

my one worry at the moment is the cost, we all know the cheaper foods are convenience over fresh and my shopping yesterday totally blew my budget! Any one on a budget if you could let me know how you are managing i would be grateful

Kimx

Hi Kim, have just restarted myself. I think on ee you can make things go further - pack your meals with veg (there are some good offers on at the moment and frozen is often cheaper too). Cottage pies, casseroles, that sort of thing can be made to go further as well. Good luck

If you have an aldi nearby they are good for cheap veg :)

Hi Kim, Welcome to the forum mate, EE is brilliant I have been exclusively doing EE for 4 months and i love it Good luck and keep telling us how you are progressing

Hi Kim,

Welcome Back - i LOVE your attitude for your trip to Florida! :D

My tip is to plan, plan, plan therefore last waste and stops you overbuying. Do a 7 day planner, don't necessarily be strict but just have 3 x 7 meals planned and swap and change as you fancy!

Also do you have an Asian Supermarket nearby, or perhaps a good fruit / veg market? I also find Aldi and Lidl sooooo much cheaper! If you are a meat eater, get to your local butchers eggs are often cheaper than the supermarket (okay so i'm thinking if you like free range or local eggs / milk) and my butcher is cheaper than the supermarket for meat and the quality is fab too!

HTH, and good luck with your journey. I re-joined this week too :D xx

Hellooo!

My tip is to also plan! I know it might seem mundane, but I sit and plan a weeks worth of meals and then order x4 of each for the month. I buy all my fresh fruit and veg from my local veg shop which I have to walk 40 minutes to and from so I get exercise whilst trying to still stay cheap. On average for my online shop from Asda I spend about £120 a month, and around an extra £40 on fruit and veg x

Back