Hello

Debs46

Good afternoon I've just joined & was looking for like minded people to help me along with my slimming world journey that i've been on since Dec 2011.
I've really struggled since March of this year when I got my last award of 3 & a half stone & I was (just before my hol in Sept) on the verge of getting my 4 stone award & I've just gone backwards since then, its so hard to get back on track & while i'm trying to remain positive with the help of my hubby & family, friends & group, i'm having some pretty bad days this last 4 weeks, but with your help i'm hoping to get back on to it & help you if I can....Thank you for taking the time to read this =)

Welcome to the forum, why the bad days, anything we can help with?

Hey welcome! :) try planning meals before hand, I find that helps a lot with being busy and sticking to it. how have your bad days been? Too many syns or just completely of the wagon? I've only been doing it for a week and already had two days of chaos! I try not to buy bad stuff until I'm in control and avoid the isle at the supermarket sticking with the outter isle of fruit & veg, and tins. Good luck on your journey, hope you find your motivation, look forward to seeing your progress!

Hi thank you for replying I've not had chance to get online since the weekend, I had weigh day yesterday & lost a lb so that's a step back in the right direction :) My bad days just seem to be eating the wrong foods & the danger days are from a Friday night to a Sunday night (the dreaded weekends) & planning is the key & I think I need to make sure that I have plenty free/low syned snacks in for the weekends, I really don't bother so much about alcohol it's more the crisps & dips etc that I like so will start to make my own as I have a draw full of books & recipes so no excuse really...think I have just become complacent & need to kick my mojo back into action ! ;-)

Hi Debs! *waves*

Well done with the recent loss, let's hope this is the start of things going back in the right direction for you!

How about trying to remind yourself why you are doing this? Make yourself a for and against list - in the "for" column is all the reasons why you want to lose weight, clothes, health, appearance etc etc, whatever your hot buttons are. In the "against" column you put the things that are stopping you from achieving what you want. Be honest with yourself - why are you sabotaging? Are you afraid of something? Lazy? Not organised enough? Struggling to find time? When you see the reasons written down in front of you, you can come up with strategies to cope with them. Look out an old "before" photo and keep it with the list/on the fridge/cupboard/wherever so that when you look at it you're reminding yourself that you don't want to go back there.

When I can, I try to make Saturday my shopping/cooking day, when I choose new recipes (or old favourites) and then spend a few hours in the kitchen getting them ready and freezing them for the days/weeks ahead. I find I'm grazing all day while I'm cooking but it's always on good stuff, and it focusses me for the week ahead knowing I have lots of yummy things to choose from (I love playing freezer roulette when I'm getting my food ready for work the night before!)

Also, the things that you do like - the crisps/dips and whatnot - can you start by substituting better versions so that you're not denying yourself the things you like best? I love the Ryvita minis (I think they're 4.5 syns and used to be a heB until they reduced the size of the bag - although they might still be as they have over 3g of fibre...) and maybe some herb/garlic Philly to dip them in. 75g is your heA - run a knife through the (300g) tub when you open it to divide it into quarters and just heap one quarter out onto a side plate. There's your instant crisps/dips at a fraction of the syns (or potentially NONE!).

Don't go back there hun! I've done it and it's miserable. It is so much harder starting from scratch the second time around!

Back