Hello

Maynie

I've been lurking for a while but just registered today. I have a lot of weight to lose. Again. I got down to 12 stone with slimming world a few years ago and put it all on and more. Now I'm doing general healthy eating, but quite influenced by Slimming World. I'm vegetarian.

I've lost 1 stone 3 pounds since I started in January.

I've also, for the first time ever, managed to vaguely keep up some form of exercise. I've got a Wii Fit and also My Fitness Coach for the Wii. I'm only doing 15 minutes a day on My Fitness Coach and not every day (and don't seem to be getting any fitter :8855:) but for me this is impressive! I'm thinking of trying a 30 minute workout today, for the first time...

I've been finding the stories on here quite inspirational, so thought I might find it even more inspiring if I joined in. I've been slacking off a bit this week and haven't lost any weight so need something to keep me motivated!

Good luck Maynie.

I have 7 stone to loose. I start the Cambridge diet tom and am looking forward to it.

Was thinking of getting a wii fit too as i hate exercising so anyway to try make it bit more fun will def help!

Good luck to you too :). I like eating far too much to try Cambridge, really admire people who can stick to it!

I've just done half an hour on My Fitness Coach and can confirm I wasn't ready for it :8855:. I am so sweaty. Apparently I burnt 287 calories though.

Wii Fit is fantastic fun and great for keeping track of weight loss on graphs. If you can't get it My Fitness Coach is fab too - it's a Wii game/workout DVD which adjusts the workouts to suit how fit you are and is different every time. You also choose your daily focus and how long you want to work out for. Much better than a normal fitness DVD though not as much fun as the Wii Fit!

Good luck to you too :). I like eating far too much to try Cambridge, really admire people who can stick to it!

I've just done half an hour on My Fitness Coach and can confirm I wasn't ready for it :8855:. I am so sweaty. Apparently I burnt 287 calories though.

Wii Fit is fantastic fun and great for keeping track of weight loss on graphs. If you can't get it My Fitness Coach is fab too - it's a Wii game/workout DVD which adjusts the workouts to suit how fit you are and is different every time. You also choose your daily focus and how long you want to work out for. Much better than a normal fitness DVD though not as much fun as the Wii Fit!

I love my food too so much but have tried WW and i am not disciplined enough to eat some food and not all of it! So i think the Cambridge is the way forward for me.

Will def have a look at the wii fit. I need to do something but dont want to start at a gym yet and i have exercise dvds but they arent fun! :rolleyes:

To be honest - I love food too. Food is awesome. However - food abstinence diets like Lighter Life/CD sound hard... but at the end they're very easy. Because you know what you can't have. There is no room for error and temptation. With other diets there is always that extra 'low-fat' chocolate biscuit you could have, with the thought 'Oh it's just one biscuit.. what can it hurt?' ... then 10 biscuits later you're still thinking that.

And another point.. Yes we all love food, but if we love it so much, maybe we have a problem with it, and need some time away to assess our relationship with it? Food shouldn't be treated this way, and I'm learning this every day.

:)

To be honest - I love food too. Food is awesome. However - food abstinence diets like Lighter Life/CD sound hard... but at the end they're very easy. Because you know what you can't have. There is no room for error and temptation. With other diets there is always that extra 'low-fat' chocolate biscuit you could have, with the thought 'Oh it's just one biscuit.. what can it hurt?' ... then 10 biscuits later you're still thinking that.

And another point.. Yes we all love food, but if we love it so much, maybe we have a problem with it, and need some time away to assess our relationship with it? Food shouldn't be treated this way, and I'm learning this every day.

:)

I guess we wouldn't need to be here if we didn't love food :8855:.

Whatever works for you is good :).

hi Maynie,

I myself have been lurking around for a few weeks so thought that i would join too and like you, have been inspired by all the different stories on here! my weightloss journey began about 3 weeks ago when i joined slimming world. lost 5.5lbs so far, which i am pleased about, but i am naturally an impatient person so for me if i dont eat that chocolate bar, i think i should be 2lbs lighter straight away! fallen off the wagon slightly today (i am currently on my 3rd archers and diet lemonade!) but have just cooked syn free chips and chicken which was lovely, and got my boyfriend hooked on the low fat chips so that is good as i can cook them alot! would love to get a diet buddy...i am a bridesmaid for my best friend in dec this year, along with another friend who is at least 2 sizes smaller than me (i am 14-16) and i dont want to be the 'bigger one' in all the photos!
weigh in again tomorrow night..hope that i have at least lost 1lb as i am great in the week at work, though lose it at the weekend!
hope everyone else has had a good weekend...:)
lou x

Thanks Irene! I certainly wasn't doing well with the exercise today :8855:

Hi Lou - I love slimming world chips. Mmm... I make them with low fat mozzarella melted on them and add balsamic vinegar. I just had quorn chilli for tea, very nice!

I'm being a bridesmaid too, for my sister in August. She's doing slimming world too - I can't make the class any more.

Good luck with your weigh in.

Hi Maynie, welcome to minimins.

I've lost 1 stone 3 pounds since I started in January.

That is a great start, well done.

Hi welcome to the forum. Well done on your loss so far, SW is a great base and you might find some of the recipes in the SW section useful x

Back