Hello :)

Smiley Bon

Silver Member
Well I discovered this site through a friend, we are both getting very excited about her wedding :D I am going to be a bridesmaid, so I want to lose some weight for it! So July is my goal!

I just had a scary health scare, I was diagnosed with Lymphoma in July, I got the all clear on Tuesday so now I want to be healthy! I put a bit of weight on from the chemo and steroids and cos I was sleeping so much so not moving about! I think I am the heaviest I have ever been :( I have learnt a lot about how important your body is, so I am trying to eat a lot better and exercise more.

I find it hard though as I just like to eat!! I like nothing better than sitting down to a huge meal :( I need to get this out of my head though... I think my illness has taght me a lot though and I am doing a lot better at thinking before I eat :)

I also hate exercising :rolleyes: i need to find something I can enjoy doing. I have become more active lately though, since the chemo, I walk to and from work and will take the stairs now, things like that, so that's a start. I bought a Pilates DVD but have only done it 3 times, I need to make this part of my routine.

I need to buy some scales yet so i can see what I weigh and how much i need to lose. I hate weighing myself though! I am thinking I would like to lose about 2 stone altogether, I think that will help a lot, about how I feel about myself and towards my general health.

Well here's to a healthy lifestyle! I have been doing this properly for about 2 weeks now and haven't noticed a difference yet, so I am hoping I will soon!! July isn't too far away and I am going dress shopping in a month!!

I can do it :D

hello.

welcome and good luck :D

i'm sure you'll look fantastic in a bridesmaid dress. positive in fact :D

abz xx

Hi Bon and welcome to the board.

Aw thank you Irene! I am still really happy about it! i can't stop bouncing! My hair's growing back too now, yay!

So now onto the dieting! I can think about that now! I am determined to look slim in a posh dress!

Nice to speak to you :) thanks for the message.

Hello Bon,

You're a success story already!! So when you hit your goal weight and you look fab in that bridesmaid dress you will be an inspiration.

I have printed your post off to give it to my mother in law. She had lymphoma three years ago and she hasn't picked up her activity level since che had her chemo. So I am going to show her your post so she can see life can get back to being good again.

Good Luck :talk017:

Aw thank you so much for your message Lind :) I nearly cried, thank you!

I am sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law... it is hard to get back to normal after chemo, and that feeling of tiredness and just generally having no energy is really bad for motivation... I have only been off chemo a month and already I can feel a difference! but it will take a long long time to get back to how I was, the Doctors have told me this :( I hope she feels more positive about things now, it is hard, I think in a lot of ways it is harder after all the treatment is over, you are thrown into the real world and aren't going to the hospital all the time and having nurses and doctors helping you and giving you advice... it's hard to look after yourself when things went so wrong before...

Hopefully she'll pick up soon though, give her time, it takes a long time to sort your head out! Send her my love anyway :)

Thanks again for writing, lovely to hear from you and hear of another fellow lymphoma survivor :)

Hi Bon, they say it can take up to a year for your energy levels to get back to normal.

Thanks for your lovely message, I find this site such a motivation. I have not had one bad food day since I joined here.

What have you and the bride to be got planned for your bridesmaid dress? :)

A year :( seems like such a long time :S but then if a lack of energy and feeling tired is all i have to put up with, I can't complain! it's nothing compared to the other chemo side effects, ha.

Annnnyway, I see you are doing well!! Well done :D this forum certainly is helping me and it's nice being able to rant on here when allll you need is a chocolate bar! ha, helps to talk about things I think and also reading so many success stories on here is inspiring.

Well i am going to see my friend in a month for bridesmaid dress shopping! We are hoping to get one from Debenhams or BHS or somewhere... we've seen a few online that look nice but of course she wants my opinion :D She lives in Leeds so I don't get to see her too often :(

So far we know that it has to be a red colour, more of a deep red she is going for, like a red wine colour i suppose... it is a colour i really like though :D so am chuffed! The one we have our eye on has straps and is V necked and full length, and gathers to one side at the waist like her wedding dress does, so that should match nicely :D although she said when she went to see it in the shop it had a bit of a blue sheen to it that she wasn't sure about :S so we will see when i try it on. I am just very very excited about having a pretty dress and feeling all pretty and feminine again :D I should have more hair by then and if I can just lose this 2 stone of weight i want rid of I'll feel on top of the world on her special day :D

She has done so well herself and dropped acouple of dress sizes already, so we'll both be able to be proud of ourselves :D Each day at work we email each other and talk about food and wanting it but that we're not gonna have it! and we'll talk about weddings to take our mind off it and make us feel better :D hehe.

Hope you are well :) have you a goal you are aiming for? a special day or event, like a holiday or something??

Hi :D
We moved to the sea side in September and this summer is going to be our first Summer here and I really want to own a bikini.!!
I may not wear it in public but I have never had one, even when I was slim. Not enough confidence, but this year I am going to loose the weight and look fabulous on the beach!!!
I know what you mean about food though!! I have stuggled so much today and all I want to do is eat a cream egg, and to make matters worse there are two of them sitting in my cupboard!! :(:cry:
I will be strong and my husband has promised to eat both of them for me so I don't have to suffer any more!! :D
The dress sounds nice, I got my wedding dress in Debenhams, it was beautiful.
2 stone is not an unreasonable amount to want to loose either so you should get there no problems.
Thanks for the friend request by the way. :D

Hey Lind,

Aw wow, imagine how chuffed you're gonna feel on that beach in a bikini :D it'll be a total sense of achievment :D you can do it! I grew up near the coast, and I miss it a lot now :( not that I am very far away here, but I never seem to get out of the city really... I must make an effort this summer!! I miss the sea.

Ha I hope your husband has eaten those Creme Eggs! i cant have anything tempting in my cupboards! it'd just go, so i refuse to have chocolate in the house, and my current one is cheese, my boyfriend loves the stuff so it's sooo easy to go and get a lump of cheese, or put it on my pasta or salads without thinking!! argh, so I've told him that we're not buying any cheese for a couple of weeks til I my mind is totally in this diet and it's more second nature. Bless him, I dont think he was very happy about having to go without cheese for acouple of weeks, ha.

Yeah there are some gorgeous dresses on the Debenhams website we've been looking at, and really reasonably priced. I didnt even realised they did wedding dresses until Abi started looking for her wedding. I cant wait to start trying dresses on though :D I love posh dresses.

How are you doing today? you said you struggled yesterday :( we all have up and down days i think, but overall you sound like you're doing well :D

good morning chaps :)

thomas currently has a luxury box of m and s biscuits provided by my aunty joyce and they are sitting on the sofa. so every time i have run downstairs this morning my eye has landed on them and i've thought, ooh, a biscuit. then remembered that i shouldn't have it. ha. the thing about ww is that if i wanted to, i could have it, but then i'd have to restrict myself for the rest of the day and i don't want to. and i suppose that's what ww makes you do. consider the consequences of what we eat. it's all a choice between things, not an addition if you see what i mean? so we'll see. must remember to bung some tinned tomatoes in that stuff and cook some pasta. i haven't done that yet and will need to leave fairly soon... so should get onto that really... and then hope that we have a spare lunchbox to take it to work in... :S

abz xx

Oh interesting point about the WW diet... that is good that it makes you think about the consequences of what you eat, that's a good mentality to get into... I like that.

Sooo have you a spare lunch box? :S your whole plan could all fall through at the last hurdle here!

I want my dinner now! I shouldn't be hungry after Shreddies... but i think i am just peckish... i shall ignore it, it's only an hour and 10 minutes til it's my dinner time, i can do it! i am dying to eat my salad though, it looked so yum when i put it in the fridge here :D

if the worst came to the worst i would bung it all in a freezer bag. but i'm off to weigh and cook my spaghetti now :)

it has also occurred to me that i'm using old books and points etc, so some of my information may be off slightly, but am sure it will still work... will have to find out my ww stuff. i don't have much but it's more up to date...

why don't you bring carrots to snack on since you said you loved them so much yesterday? :p hee.

i want to get into making nice salads again now the weather is improving...

and i'm so so proud of you for giving up cheese :D that's a massive step in your household what with your OH loving it so much :D

abz xx

I know we really do get through sooo much cheese in our house! But no, i wont have it in the house for about 2 weeks i said. I think he is ok with that as he is worrying about his belly too and i think he is curious as to what else there is to put in sandwiches, ha.

I know i wish i had something to nibble on, but then at the same time i need to get out of that habit of just picking at things. I would love to stick to just 3 meals a day! I think i will eventually, i need to have a few days of making my body realise that it wont get food every hour or so no matter how much it moans at me!!

Suppose you'll be leaving for work soon, I'll speak to you then :)

Oh did you get my fancy dress idea? i want your opinion....

i did just get it. i couldn't access my emails at home for some reason... and am now at work. i like it :) i think it's silly. and name-appropriate of course :) do you have plenty of yellow? you can get yellow body paint for a couple of quid at art shops. it's like those paints you get as a kid where you wet your brush. you just wet a sponge and dab it on. don't wipe as it streaks. i've been a variety of colours :)

abz xx

Hey Lind,

Aw wow, imagine how chuffed you're gonna feel on that beach in a bikini :D it'll be a total sense of achievment :D you can do it! I grew up near the coast, and I miss it a lot now :( not that I am very far away here, but I never seem to get out of the city really... I must make an effort this summer!! I miss the sea.

Ha I hope your husband has eaten those Creme Eggs! i cant have anything tempting in my cupboards! it'd just go, so i refuse to have chocolate in the house, and my current one is cheese, my boyfriend loves the stuff so it's sooo easy to go and get a lump of cheese, or put it on my pasta or salads without thinking!! argh, so I've told him that we're not buying any cheese for a couple of weeks til I my mind is totally in this diet and it's more second nature. Bless him, I dont think he was very happy about having to go without cheese for acouple of weeks, ha.

Yeah there are some gorgeous dresses on the Debenhams website we've been looking at, and really reasonably priced. I didnt even realised they did wedding dresses until Abi started looking for her wedding. I cant wait to start trying dresses on though :D I love posh dresses.

How are you doing today? you said you struggled yesterday :( we all have up and down days i think, but overall you sound like you're doing well :D

Hey, I have pulled my back and haven't been able to exercise all week. I feel so lazy and lathargic now. I have been sticking to my diet though because the urge to nibble when your stuck on the sofa is a killer.

The dresses is Debenhams are great, when you go to try any on arrange for a personal shopper. It's free and you tell her what you like and the sizes and she goes running around for you while you sit in a lovely comfy room. It feels really indulgent and for me and my friend it just added to the whole lovely experience. She even went off and got me free make up smaples that would match my dress.

Ohhh dear I am sorry to hear that! hope your back gets better soon. Don't be feeling bad that you can't exercise! you can't help it. You're still eating well, so you're doing great!

Oh that personal shopper idea sounds wonderful! i like it! I wonder if they do that in the one in Leeds... That would be lots of fun! Thanks for the idea :D

Take care of yourself :)

Back