Hello

Halucin8

Hello everyone and congratulations on all the success stories :)

I'm a mom of 7 beautiful kids who i adore and who i feel i am letting down and that i am missing out of the most precious years of their lives, I went to my GPto see if he could help me lose some weight and get my life back.

I was put on Xenical by my GP but ended up losing some weight but with terrible stomach cramps, my GP mentioned that i may be a candidate for a gastric band and he explained the process WMT etc, i waited 6 months for a appointment with the WMT (St helens and knowsley PCT) had an appointment yesterday, Really disheartened as i have tried everything and always end up bigger than before i tried. my bmi is 50.2 :(

i spoke with the dietician and then with the lifestyle advisor and felt like he didnt understand how restricted my other medical conditions made mey mobility. He was talking about taking brisk walks and swimming, i just felt my heart sink i cant do that i have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. psoariasis is all over my legs back and front and makes walking not only difficult but really painful, I would love to go swimming i havent been swimming for years cos the stuff they use in the pools makes my skin feel like its on fire, I know my weight isn't helping with either of these conditions and I know i did this to myself.

Don't get me wrong I try but then end up in bed for 3 days in agony and feel i have failed myself and my family and its a vicious circle. The dietician also told me the programme will last 2 years think I will be dead by then.

Hi and welcome. When will you get a decision?

Have a look at our surgical weight loss section for support

Irene xx

How sad, it must be awful to have medical problems holding you back like this. I hope you get help and fast.

Hello

A few years ago I fell down some concrete stairs and hurt my leg pretty badly. It wasn't broken but there was some sort of muscle/nerve damage. After a few minutes of walking my leg would be numb and I would be in so much pain that I would have to lift my leg up with my hands just so I could move. Every day I would walk the maximum I could before I crawled into bed in pain, I used to sleep the pain off and in the morning I would try again. First it was 5 minutes, then it was 10, then 20 then 30. After a year it was an hour and now (8 years later) I can walk a good length of time and I even started running on the treadmill.

I didn't realise at the time that every little bit I did counted, even though it didn't seem that much.

I know its no where near what you must be going through but you haven't failed - your not a failure. Each step you make is a little step of success. :gen126:

Back