Hello!

alison1256

Hello all!

I'm Alison and I attended my very first WW meeting last night - whoohoo! :)

I've previously done LighterLife and lost 3 stone 10lbs last summer/autumn, re-gained a stone and half over holidays, festive period etc etc, then went back in the month of May for 4 weeks to do a refresher and lost the stone and half I'd gained! However, the last week and a half I've had one almighty blow out, as I was "between diets" hehe! So I've managed to regain 7lbs :break_diet:, but I guess some of that is water weight and glycogen as my measurements are much the same and my clothes feel fine on!

So here I am, I've around one and half stone to shift and I'm hoping to lose the first half a stone in the first week or so (quick on, quick off!), plus by totm started this morning, so I'll no doubt be going to the loo every 5 mins, as I suffer terrible water retention during it!

Loving the look of the diet, I love the fact no food is out of limits and it's so easy to follow with the points! I'm off to Asda when I finish work at lunch-time and before I collect my little girl from nursery, to stock up on butternut squash etc to make the zero cal soup and some other low-fat bit and pieces :p!

I've had a quick peek at the forum and there's lots of good, handy tips - so thanks for that!

I'll keep you posted and look forward to reading all about your journeys too!

Take care xx

welcome and good luck on loosing the 7lbs quickly!

Today is my first weigh in for WW (previously did Slimming World and lost 1.5stone) so fingers crossed for a loss this week! :)

This forum is so handy for tips - i love looking at others food diarys to give myself ideas! :)

Hope you have a fab first week! :)

Hi Kim, thanks for your reply and best wishes for your first WW week too! Well done for your weight loss on SW btw - it's fab xx

Hi alison
Well done for not putting on all the weight you lost on LL
I am finding WW very good so far
I didn't feel I could go down the LL route again & seem to be doing ok. The points are a good system I had a burger yesterday while out & was able to claw back on the points with a nice salad of mainly free point values for my evening meal it certainly makes you think about what you eat
Hope it all goes well for you

Hello ive just swapped from Cambridge Diet to WW and Ive lost 2 stone on CD but i had a week between CD and WW where ive gained 4lbs but ive lost that in less than a week I think it was like you said water / glycogen weight as LL and CD are very similar.

Good look with WW its great to be able to eat food not awful milkshakes and soups!!! Wooooooooooooooooop :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks RC and well done on your first week's week loss - fab!

LL is good if you want to the weight off quickly but it doesn't really help me with day-to-day life with eating, that's where I hope WW will! I can diet, lose weight but it's the keeping it off that I struggle with - so thought I'd try a "food diet" this time and see if it helps me to lose that last bit of weight and help me day-to-day once I'm at goal!

Here goes! Have a great day xx

hello and welcome, well done on the fabulous amount you've lost so far and good luck with ww.
seems you've already realised what a helpful bunch we are!!

Hey Amanda - thanks for the reply x

Yeah I'd heard CD and LL were much the same but I think the LL packs taste a bit better?!?!? I loved their porrridge and shakes but I'm not really a soup person and the nut bar was really yum too - so it wasn't too hard to stick to plan! It's just the after part where food is back in your life that I stuggle with......portion size, good foods 'v bad foods etc. I'm hoping WW will re-educate me for life, so I keep the weight off for good.....I so don't want to yo-yo diet for years and years!

Have a great day xx

Hey MommyB - you guys rock! It's great to find such a happy, friendly forum and I'm sure I'll be on here most days when I should really be working hard at my desk or at home - oh well!

Best get on with some work as it goes (boss is out today and I'm so not motivated!).....then off for my coffee and alpen bar lite with the girls at 10.30am for a quick catch-up in the office!

Take care and have a great day xx

Hi Alison, im here off the LipoTrim train to make sure I keep my weight off and loose the last bits :) I joined Tuesday so only on day 2 but welcome! :)

yeah i definately think WW will re-train us into what to eat for life not just till the weights off, the fact you can eat pretty much anything just healthyer options is great... I cooked burgers from scratch yesturday with only 3 points each they tasted 100% better than shop bought or mcdonalds burgers and were so much nicer! so im definately hoping to stick to this even once at goal :)

Hello and welcome to our little world..:p
Good luck with your weightloss journey(well done so far)
have a nice day with the girls :)

Hi Alison, im here off the LipoTrim train to make sure I keep my weight off and loose the last bits :) I joined Tuesday so only on day 2 but welcome! :)

Well done on your weight loss to date :) and best wishes for losing that last, little bit!

Gosh, so many diets out there, isn't there!! Yet we've all ended up here at WW - must be something in it!?

Take care & have a great day 3! xx

Hello and welcome to our little world..:p
Good luck with your weightloss journey(well done so far)
have a nice day with the girls :)

Well done fuzzyzella - you're almost at goal and have done fantastically well xx :D

Thanks for the welcome to your little world - I think I'm going to like it here lol :cool:! Take care..xx

Hi Alison,

just wanted to say well done on losing so much weight already, you sound really focused, I,m sure it won,t be long until your at your goal

good luck :D

Hi Alison,

just wanted to say well done on losing so much weight already, you sound really focused, I,m sure it won,t be long until your at your goal

good luck :D

Thanks babes - day 2 just started and feeling good!! :p

Back